E-Class (W212) 2010 - 2016: E 350, E 550

Comand 4.5 bugs

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-16-2011, 11:19 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Mercedes e350 BlueTec
Comand 4.5 bugs

A thread to post what doesn't work in Comand 4.5 (note: some items may also not work in 4.0)

1) go to Navigation: Voice command "points of interest"; voice command "current location" or "1";

Comand will then ask for you to enter the line number or the name.

If you enter the number of the item you want, it works. If you say the name (as prompted) e.g. "shopping"), the system freezes on that page and you have to hit the back button to get out.
Old 09-16-2011, 01:21 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C250,GLK350
Originally Posted by ghstudio
A thread to post what doesn't work in Comand 4.5 (note: some items may also not work in 4.0)

1) go to Navigation: Voice command "points of interest"; voice command "current location" or "1";

Comand will then ask for you to enter the line number or the name.

If you enter the number of the item you want, it works. If you say the name (as prompted) e.g. "shopping"), the system freezes on that page and you have to hit the back button to get out.
The sirius weather feature stopped working a couple of days ago, and I have had my car exactly a week as of today.
Old 09-16-2011, 02:45 PM

Mercedes e350 BlueTec
Originally Posted by DCubed
The sirius weather feature stopped working a couple of days ago, and I have had my car exactly a week as of today.
That's not a bug....it's a problem in the way your dealer set up your trial account.

Sirius unlocked all radios for two weeks so people could try it again. When you picked up your car, the trial was going on so it looked like everything was OK. However, the dealer either didn't sign you up for the free trial...or he, trying to be helpful, moved Sirius from your old car to your new car, in which case you would onlyl get what you were paying for on the old car.

You should have a 3 month free trial of full Sirius including Howard Stern, traffic and weather. If you don't, go back to your dealer and have him set it up correctly with Sirius.
Old 09-16-2011, 03:06 PM

C250,GLK350
That's not a bug....it's a problem in the way your dealer set up your trial account.

Sirius unlocked all radios for two weeks so people could try it again. When you picked up your car, the trial was going on so it looked like everything was OK. However, the dealer either didn't sign you up for the free trial...or he, trying to be helpful, moved Sirius from your old car to your new car, in which case you would onlyl get what you were paying for on the old car.

You should have a 3 month free trial of full Sirius including Howard Stern, traffic and weather. If you don't, go back to your dealer and have him set it up correctly with Sirius.
I am actually my own salesperson, but I did get the channel update earlier this week so that may end up being my problem, also FYI the dealers do not activate the sirius, the info is forwarded to Sirius when the car is reported sold and they set up the account. Also the free trial is 6 mos, not 3.
Old 09-16-2011, 03:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2011 E-350, 2010 GL-450
Originally Posted by DCubed
I am actually my own salesperson, but I did get the channel update earlier this week so that may end up being my problem, also FYI the dealers do not activate the sirius, the info is forwarded to Sirius when the car is reported sold and they set up the account. Also the free trial is 6 mos, not 3.
there seems to be a lot of confusion on the 3 vs 6 months. Had first sales person say 3 months, second sales-gal say 6, sales manager that handled final deal say 3, and the brocure in the car says 6 !

I have to call them anyways to transfer the remaining months of my XM account from the old car on to this account, so I will find out then for sure.
Old 09-16-2011, 03:48 PM

Mercedes e350 BlueTec
Originally Posted by Mr Snappy
there seems to be a lot of confusion on the 3 vs 6 months. Had first sales person say 3 months, second sales-gal say 6, sales manager that handled final deal say 3, and the brocure in the car says 6 !

I have to call them anyways to transfer the remaining months of my XM account from the old car on to this account, so I will find out then for sure.
It might be safer and more cost effective to cancel your current subscription (they will send you a check for the unused portion)....take the three/six month trial and then take advantage of whatever special offer they make you at that time.
Old 09-16-2011, 09:25 PM

Mercedes e350 BlueTec
Yo....mercedes A solid bug in comand 4.5

There is a new voice command in comand 4.5 in navigation......"intersection" but sadly I must report that it flat out does not work.

If you say intersection it will ask you for the first street name which it finds...and then it will ask you for the second street name and no matter how many times you say it, or spell it, comand can not find the second street.

Both streets can be found individually using voice....but there is no way to get comand to find both of them using the "intersection" command.

Trending Topics

Old 09-16-2011, 10:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 120 Likes on 66 Posts
2020 G63, 2021 E450 All-Terrain Wagon
DCUBED, I HAVE THE SAME EXACT PROBLEM! ONLY MY RADIO AND TRAFFIC WORKS AND MY WEATHER STOPPED WORKING EARLIER THIS WEEK!!!!
Let me know what your dealer says!
Old 09-17-2011, 12:43 PM

2011 E-350, 2010 GL-450
Hate to ask a stupid question, but how do you actually tune-in Sirius weather? I have the 4.5, at least I think I do....
Old 09-17-2011, 12:46 PM

Mercedes e350 BlueTec
Select the globe on the far right at the top of your screen.

Move the selector to point to the big box in the middle that says "Sirius Weather" and select it (push the selector button).
Old 09-17-2011, 12:50 PM

2011 E-350, 2010 GL-450
Select the globe on the far right at the top of your screen.

Move the selector to point to the big box in the middle that says "Sirius Weather" and select it (push the selector button).
I don't think I have a globe...never seen that before.
Maybe I have an older version.
Old 09-17-2011, 02:31 PM

C250,GLK350
Originally Posted by amaycg
DCUBED, I HAVE THE SAME EXACT PROBLEM! ONLY MY RADIO AND TRAFFIC WORKS AND MY WEATHER STOPPED WORKING EARLIER THIS WEEK!!!!
Let me know what your dealer says!
I have an e mail into the local rep, see what she says because I am sure one of my clients who has an update car like myself will be calling me in a couple days when he figures the sirius weather is not active.
Old 09-17-2011, 04:24 PM

Mercedes e350 BlueTec
Originally Posted by Mr Snappy
I don't think I have a globe...never seen that before.
Maybe I have an older version.
Comand 4.5 which is required to receive Sirius weather has a globe as the far right icon on top of the screen. If you don't have the globe, you don't have comand 4.5.
Old 09-17-2011, 04:28 PM

Mercedes e350 BlueTec
Just for reference: As of today, Sirius weather, howard stern, and traffic are still working normally on the free trial on my e350, leased on 8/29. I have not associated the Mercedes with my Sirius account....no need to until the trial ends.
Old 09-18-2011, 08:10 AM
K-A
Out Of Control!!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts
Porsche Macan S SportDesign / Ex M-B's: 11 & 10 & 06 E350's, 02 S500
You guys actually listen to Howard Stern?

Old 09-18-2011, 08:59 AM

Mercedes e350 BlueTec
sometimes....but I think it is an extra charge package with Sirius and I am trying to help these guys figure out why they aren't getting the full mercedes trial of Sirius.
Old 09-18-2011, 09:48 AM
K-A
Out Of Control!!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts
Porsche Macan S SportDesign / Ex M-B's: 11 & 10 & 06 E350's, 02 S500
What channel is he anyway? I scanned through the Entertainment section and don't remember passing him. All I got were pervs calling in to Playboy girls and the like to express certain fantasies (I kept getting the image of deadbeats in Southern Motels calling in).

Idk, I usually just chill around the 60's-70's-80's-90's sections, makes for nice "escapes" on longer drives. For contemporary Pop and stuff (aside from Rock, which Sirius has an amazing selection of) I'd rather just listen to the Radio.

As for the trial, time to bust some ***** a the M-B Dealership! Make them contact Sirius if you're not getting anywhere with them.
Old 09-18-2011, 09:54 AM

Mercedes e350 BlueTec
Originally Posted by K-A
What channel is he anyway? I scanned through the Entertainment section and don't remember passing him.
http://www.siriusxm.com/sxm/pdf/sirius/channelguide.pdf