E-Class (W212) 2010 - 2016: E 350, E 550

Mbrace

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-24-2011, 07:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2002 CLK320 Conv, 2007 CLK63 Conv, 2011 E350
Mbrace

Does anyone here a load screeching sounds before the system connects to mbrace. I get about three of theses. I feel if I lower the volume, I cannot hear when I am connected to the service.

Anyone else have this problem? Can anything be done about it?
Old 09-24-2011, 07:36 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Mercedes e350 BlueTec
Originally Posted by mafialink
Does anyone here a load screeching sounds before the system connects to mbrace. I get about three of theses. I feel if I lower the volume, I cannot hear when I am connected to the service.

Anyone else have this problem? Can anything be done about it?
Sounds like the mbrace volume is too loud causing feedback. Volume for mbrace can only be adjusted using the up/down buttons on the steering wheel....using the knob in the dash only works sometimes...but the buttons seem to always work.

As soon as you hit the button to call mbrace, hold down the volume down button and see if that works. You may lower it too much, of course, but if the squeal goes away, you have found the source of the problem...and just increase the volume a little (using the buttons on the wheel).
Old 09-25-2011, 10:13 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2002 CLK320 Conv, 2007 CLK63 Conv, 2011 E350
Originally Posted by ghstudio
Sounds like the mbrace volume is too loud causing feedback. Volume for mbrace can only be adjusted using the up/down buttons on the steering wheel....using the knob in the dash only works sometimes...but the buttons seem to always work.

As soon as you hit the button to call mbrace, hold down the volume down button and see if that works. You may lower it too much, of course, but if the squeal goes away, you have found the source of the problem...and just increase the volume a little (using the buttons on the wheel).
Thanks for the suggestion but that didn't work. I noticed that lowering the volume with the knob did adjust the volume on the mbrace but didn't do anything with the squealing noise. Also the up/down on the steering wheel didnt seem to do anything.