Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-22-2011, 06:13 PM
K-A
Out Of Control!!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts
Porsche Macan S SportDesign / Ex M-B's: 11 & 10 & 06 E350's, 02 S500
Entering a name from Phone Book via Voice Control is IMPOSSIBLE to do

I was driving the other day, using the Voice Control feature, and it works with everything I say ("Radio, "Navigation", "Call Name", etc. etc.). However, once she says "Say name of person to call" or whatever, I cannot for the life of me get her to understand. I used simple stuff as well ("Dad", "Mom", "Home").

For 30 minutes I was yelling every obscenity in the book at the b**ch trying to get her to understand me. All I got in return was "Cannot understand name, please try again", until she finally says "Cancelled".
Old 10-22-2011, 07:06 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C250,GLK350
Originally Posted by K-A
I was driving the other day, using the Voice Control feature, and it works with everything I say ("Radio, "Navigation", "Call Name", etc. etc.). However, once she says "Say name of person to call" or whatever, I cannot for the life of me get her to understand. I used simple stuff as well ("Dad", "Mom", "Home").

For 30 minutes I was yelling every obscenity in the book at the b**ch trying to get her to understand me. All I got in return was "Cannot understand name, please try again", until she finally says "Cancelled".
She has her moments... just make sure its entered the way you are trying to call it out in your phone book. for mine I just call out the first name and all people with that first name pop us and I just pick from the list, much easier and less wanting to punch the car.
Old 10-22-2011, 08:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
i535
It works flawselly for me. Perhaps problem with your phone?
Old 10-22-2011, 08:43 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Mercedes e350 BlueTec
Originally Posted by Dema
It works flawselly for me. Perhaps problem with your phone?
I am having occasional problems with my verizon iphone 4 and ios 5 working with comand 4.5. At times, comand can not find the phone book, although it is clearly loaded. I can try to call name for five minutes and it still can't find the phonebook. At other times a call will come in and I can't answer it..the button on the steering wheel doesn't work..and selecting accept call on comand doesn't answer the call.

The problem is that I can't reliably reproduce either of these, so I can't report them as problems.

There are definitely some problems between my phone and comand 4.5....so what the OP reports does not surprise me at all.
Old 10-22-2011, 09:01 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2008 c350 sport
well for me .. i have to say find number first... see if that help
Old 10-23-2011, 05:22 AM

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
E350 4matic
Originally Posted by K-A

Uh oh, you pissed her off! Did you ignore her directions, use cheap gas, maye park her next to a red Ferrari?
Old 10-23-2011, 07:55 AM
MBWorld God!

Received 3,404 Likes on 2,847 Posts
2012 CLS63
Originally Posted by reckrab
Uh oh, you pissed her off! Did you ignore her directions, use cheap gas, maye park her next to a red Ferrari?
Old 10-23-2011, 04:06 PM
K-A
Out Of Control!!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts
Porsche Macan S SportDesign / Ex M-B's: 11 & 10 & 06 E350's, 02 S500
I tend to **** her off quite often.

I'll try the "find number" thing, but I don't know if it'll work. Frankly, I should be able to say someone's name, and have the grouchy old bag understand me.... Especially when she understands EVERYTHING ELSE I SAY!!!!

Can Apple loan SIRI to our M-B's or something? It can understand a helluva lot more than a common name.