E-Class (W212) 2010 - 2016: E 350, E 550

People Suck

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-12-2011, 04:15 PM
MCF

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
E350
My police report is filed. A b@tch named Shirley Valle is going to have a bad day soon when she gets pulled over. Shocked HPD gave me her home address. Any suggestions??? Hahaha.
Old 11-12-2011, 05:45 PM

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts
2012 E350 Coupe
Originally Posted by MCF
My police report is filed. A b@tch named Shirley Valle is going to have a bad day soon when she gets pulled over. Shocked HPD gave me her home address. Any suggestions??? Hahaha.
You have a legal right to the other driver's information. And the other driver has a similar right to have your information.

As for her having a bad day - did the officer give you any indication what's next as far as the P.D. is concerned? Or are they done with it and are they leaving it up to you and your insurance company to settle it as a civil matter? She won't be having a bad day, if the P.D. doesn't issue a citation/summons or doesn't file an Information with the local judiciary for same.

I'm curious, since many big city police departments are too overworked and understaffed these days to pursue this type of offense. On the other hand, IT IS TEXAS, isn't it!

Further, some jurisdictions will not pursue criminal charges for leaving the scene of an occupied motor vehicle accident unless there are injuries involved or substantial damage is involved, i.e. at least one car is not able to be driven from the scene. Different jurisdictions - different policies. Our fragmented legal system at work!

Also, be aware that, typically, your wife may be required to appear and testify in any judicial proceding subsequent to police enforcement action. As they say, "It's her word against the other driver's word," unless there is also an independent witness available. Police would be proceeding based upon "information received," in this case from your wife, and not upon direct observation by the police of an offense having been committed.

Best of luck with the outcome, with respect to both your damage and subsequent legal process, if any.

And yes, people DO suck. Fortunately, not all of the people all the time - or we'd be in big trouble.

Old 11-12-2011, 07:13 PM
K-A
Out Of Control!!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts
Porsche Macan S SportDesign / Ex M-B's: 11 & 10 & 06 E350's, 02 S500
Originally Posted by amaycg
I JUST PICKED UP MY CAR FROM THE DEALER...THEY SCRAPED MY REAR BUMPER AGAINST ANOTHER CAR BUT JUST LIKE YOUR SCRATCHES, I CAN'T FEEL THEM WITH MY FINGERNAIL! The paint is dull and I AM PISSED!!!!!
Wow, please post the Dealer name so I can try and avoid them!
Old 11-12-2011, 08:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 120 Likes on 66 Posts
2020 G63, 2021 E450 All-Terrain Wagon
Mercedes-Benz of Calabasas; Just went over my car with a flashlight, I have isolated long scratches in miscellaneous areas all over the car by them! I tried using Scratch X, and it got out the big scratches, but also created micro marring. They scraped my car against the white CL parked behind my E in the parking lot and didn't even own up to it! They said something brushed up onto it. Yeah, like a plant could cause huge scratches that made the paint turn dull. They tried buffing it out, but they didn't do it all the way. They said if they did any more, they would burn into the clear. The guy kept saying, "Oh, I have a black car too. If I have scratches and can live with them, so can you." Jerks...
Old 11-12-2011, 08:54 PM
K-A
Out Of Control!!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts
Porsche Macan S SportDesign / Ex M-B's: 11 & 10 & 06 E350's, 02 S500
WTF! Did you see them scrape it? Since you have them fessing up to it, you surely should be able to get them to fix it, it just depends on how hard you want to push, and how high you want to go. Problem is, they know that you're screwed, because in order to get it to perfect, you'd need a repaint. I'd still make sure that you give them hell and tell them you deserve to be compensated in some form or another.

This reminds me to ALWAYS get a thorough walk through with the Techs before I give my car to them.
Old 11-12-2011, 10:13 PM
MCF

E350
Originally Posted by amaycg
Mercedes-Benz of Calabasas; Just went over my car with a flashlight, I have isolated long scratches in miscellaneous areas all over the car by them! I tried using Scratch X, and it got out the big scratches, but also created micro marring. They scraped my car against the white CL parked behind my E in the parking lot and didn't even own up to it! They said something brushed up onto it. Yeah, like a plant could cause huge scratches that made the paint turn dull. They tried buffing it out, but they didn't do it all the way. They said if they did any more, they would burn into the clear. The guy kept saying, "Oh, I have a black car too. If I have scratches and can live with them, so can you." Jerks...
Elevate this up the chain at the dealer until u r satisfied. Then take it to MBUSA and then an attorney.
Old 11-12-2011, 10:35 PM
MCF

E350
Originally Posted by BenzMan369
You have a legal right to the other driver's information. And the other driver has a similar right to have your information.

As for her having a bad day - did the officer give you any indication what's next as far as the P.D. is concerned? Or are they done with it and are they leaving it up to you and your insurance company to settle it as a civil matter? She won't be having a bad day, if the P.D. doesn't issue a citation/summons or doesn't file an Information with the local judiciary for same.

I'm curious, since many big city police departments are too overworked and understaffed these days to pursue this type of offense. On the other hand, IT IS TEXAS, isn't it!

Further, some jurisdictions will not pursue criminal charges for leaving the scene of an occupied motor vehicle accident unless there are injuries involved or substantial damage is involved, i.e. at least one car is not able to be driven from the scene. Different jurisdictions - different policies. Our fragmented legal system at work!

Also, be aware that, typically, your wife may be required to appear and testify in any judicial proceding subsequent to police enforcement action. As they say, "It's her word against the other driver's word," unless there is also an independent witness available. Police would be proceeding based upon "information received," in this case from your wife, and not upon direct observation by the police of an offense having been committed.

Best of luck with the outcome, with respect to both your damage and subsequent legal process, if any.

And yes, people DO suck. Fortunately, not all of the people all the time - or we'd be in big trouble.

You ALMOST sound like you support the POS that hit our car. As I reported the incident to the officer I told her that we had nearly no damage and that if the POS would have gotten out of the car and acknowledged what happened we would have just forgotten about it....but since she paused and then took off everything changed. The officer agreed 100% and the next time the b*tch is pulled over she will be ticketed for leaving the scene of an accident involving property damage...and yes, my wife is more than willing to go to court to testify against this POS. So yes, she will have a bad day eventually.
Old 11-13-2011, 12:06 PM

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts
2012 E350 Coupe
Originally Posted by MCF
You ALMOST sound like you support the POS that hit our car. As I reported the incident to the officer I told her that we had nearly no damage and that if the POS would have gotten out of the car and acknowledged what happened we would have just forgotten about it....but since she paused and then took off everything changed. The officer agreed 100% and the next time the b*tch is pulled over she will be ticketed for leaving the scene of an accident involving property damage...and yes, my wife is more than willing to go to court to testify against this POS. So yes, she will have a bad day eventually.
Let me be clear about this - I am on your side, as I would be on the side of anyone victimized by a hit and run driver (and especially when a Benz is involved ). I was pointing out the realities of our "innocent-until-proven-guility" and often overloaded-understaffed system in some jurisdictions.

Are you saying that HPD is going to wait until they see her operating her vehicle again, then stop her and issue the citation for leaving the scene?

If I'm not misunderstanding you, that's a curious procedure. They know who she is and where she lives. Unless the law is oddly different there, I would think they can just either go to her home, interview her and issue the citation then and there; call her on the phone and ask her to come in and issue the citation; or even just mail out a citation with notice to appear.

At any rate, it's encouraging that they are following up. Hopefully, the accused driver will receive the justice she deserves.
Old 11-14-2011, 01:36 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 40 Likes on 34 Posts
Tesla Model S P100D
I so wish our cars had 360 degree camera coverage that constantly records what happens around the car for the last 2 hours (with an option of course to turn this off if so desired). This would negate any legal issues where someone causes an accident and changes the facts of what happened after the fact. 4 cameras around the car can provide this coverage at a very reasonable cost (probably under $1k). 4 Go Pros can get the job done: http://gopro.com/

MCF: Sorry to hear about this. I bet you can drag her to small claims court at the least. In any case, go after her!
Old 11-17-2011, 08:19 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
2014 E550 4matic,, sold 2012 E 350 4matic,,sold 2010 e350 4w,sold 2002 e320 se
Originally Posted by MCF
Are you serious!? The person HIT my vehicle, caused damage, acknowledged my wife and sped away. I looked up the statute in Texas and it is AGAINST the law to leave the scene of any accident even if a car is parked. Below $200 damage is Class C mis..above $200 is Class B. I will MAKE SURE repair bill is for over $200. My insurance company has already started an investigation and confirmed the license plate my wife got matched the car (good job wifey). Tomorrow I turn all information over to HPD and let them do what they want with it.
Ditto,,,too much crap out there.
By the by,,I was coming home from work,,got onto one of the more open roads and hit the HOV lane,mind you there was no fuzz around and I goosed it up to 80. The clown(being nice) 100 yds ahead sees me and decides his ford explorer shouldnt be passed.
Well needless to say as I zinged by him he thru me the finger,, which I promptly returned to him cause he may need it to pick his nose.
Now I in no way did anything to him,,and to put it mildly,,people suck.
Old 11-17-2011, 08:38 AM
Cy3

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2011 C350
I am pretty sure common human decency is completely lost in society - this is what I came out to last weekend. My C350 is all of 8 days old...I stood outside waiting for this jacka$$ for 15 min until I just conceded and went in through my pass. side.

Old 11-17-2011, 08:58 AM
MBWorld God!

Received 3,399 Likes on 2,844 Posts
2012 CLS63
Originally Posted by Cy3
I am pretty sure common human decency is completely lost in society - this is what I came out to last weekend. My C350 is all of 8 days old...I stood outside waiting for this jacka$$ for 15 min until I just conceded and went in through my pass. side.

that looks like the special kind of human that is simply JEALOUS and bitter of all he hasn't got.....whata douche
Old 11-17-2011, 09:03 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2019 CLS450 4 Matic 2011 E550
You should go after the person. I had someone back into my car in a parking lot once. A woman approached me telling me she saw it but didn't get the plate. She then told me they have cameras in the parking lot. I spoke with security and filed a police report. They had the woman on tape hitting me, entering the store and paying with a credit card. $2500 later she paid for the repair of my car. Go for it the legal way. People shouldn't be able to get away with stuff like that.
Old 11-17-2011, 09:29 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
2014 E63S Wagon, 2013 odyssey
Originally Posted by Cy3

WTF... I mean really who gets out of their car and thinks that right? I would have thought about calling a tow truck or something to move their car and hide it from them. But the good news (unless they are skinny as heck) is that there doesn't appear to be a way to ding your car cause no one could fit out that side.

Or maybe the hate the "other" Florida school, cause we all know FL is about FSU and Florida. And no I'm not a fan of those schools, I'm a Clemson grad.

Edward
Old 11-17-2011, 09:50 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
2012 S350 Bluetec 4Matic, Diamond White, P2
Well, the woman that hit and drove off is certainly going to be surprised. Being that this happened in Texas, she will likely be found guilty, but, if the prosecution can also make a case that only a retarded person could do this, she may get the death penalty.
Old 11-17-2011, 08:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
2014 E550 4matic,, sold 2012 E 350 4matic,,sold 2010 e350 4w,sold 2002 e320 se
I agree with Hype,,there are alot of Jealous MF's out there,,,I see them every day and do my best to rub it in,,thats why I cant drive w/o tints,,,soooon.
Meanwhile,,you have to go legal to show that you are above "their " level,,dont let them hook your child
Old 11-17-2011, 09:36 PM
MCF

E350
Originally Posted by Cy3

Oh I would have keyed the SH@T out of that van. I'm not above it. I dinged the f out of a car that was parked like that next to my Tahoe. The corner edge of back door is like a point. Dug into their quarter panel nicely.
Old 11-18-2011, 07:50 AM
MBWorld God!

Received 3,399 Likes on 2,844 Posts
2012 CLS63
Originally Posted by MCF
Oh I would have keyed the SH@T out of that van. I'm not above it. I dinged the f out of a car that was parked like that next to my Tahoe. The corner edge of back door is like a point. Dug into their quarter panel nicely.
maybe......just maybe this is part of a cosmic dose of karma man.......
Old 11-18-2011, 08:22 AM
CEB
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
1953 300 Adenauer, 1971 300 SEL 6.3, 1975 600, 1978 450 6.9
I attribute most of this to stupidity on the part of the other driver. That minivan driver in the pics wasn't jealous, he/she was just plain oblivious.

Keying a car as revenge is stupid. It will come back to haunt you, is obviously illegal and doesn't resolve the problem. In addition, it would just improve the appearance of that POS van and you have lowered yourself to a point below that of the van driver.

Since there are no lines on the pavement, it doesn't appear as the van driver did anything illegal, so let's differentiate between stupidity (parking like that) and actually damaging property and then driving away.
Old 11-18-2011, 11:11 AM
MCF

E350
Yeah...Karma, she is a real b*tch. It's funny that only real junky cars seem to park like that. That is why I always try to find very nice cars to park next to - they seem to flock together at the outter limits of parking lots.