New E350 owner

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-16-2011, 07:24 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
14' CLS550
New E350 owner

Hello fellow E class owners, Friday the 11th i purchased a 2012 E350 4matic. It's diamond white/chestnut leather interior.. i was told the interior is special order, whatever that means. The car is equipped with p1,sports package,pano roof,rear spoiler,wood steering wheel,navigation. I originally ordered a different car it was artic white with no pano and black mb-tex, wich i would have been fine with but i was too impatient to wait 2-3 weeks before it arrived from Germany. Im very happy i chose this car, for the extra $50/month it was well worth it. So far i love this car, the ride is very smooth and quiet, and when needed the motor has a little pep to it. My only complaint soo far is that the transmision feels a little rough, not very smooth as if its undecided what gear it wants to be in. Not too terrible but for an MB i would expect better. Prior to this car i owned a C300 soo i had an idea of the fine cars MB produces. The C class is a little more fun to drive since its smaller and lighter its easier to drive more spirited.. but thats not what im all about. I feel as if the E class just screams LUXURY. SOO the day after i purchased the car I debadged it, took the chrome strips off the doors, painted the chrome on the grille flat black, and left the inner slats gloss black, the chrome above the license plate is flat black, my windows are getting tinted saturday. Stay tuned for many more future mods to come. Wheels should be here friday but will not be mounted till spring. I plan on blacking out the window trim and painting my side markers to match the car soon. And yes i will be posting picks soon.
Old 11-16-2011, 07:57 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2001 E55 - 2008 CLS63 -2016 F-150
congrats , my boy just picked up a nice white e350 this week looks beautiful !!
post some pics
Old 11-16-2011, 08:00 AM

2014 E350 4M
who did you get this car from ? Nanuet or route 17 ?
Old 11-16-2011, 08:31 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

14' CLS550
Originally Posted by virex
who did you get this car from ? Nanuet or route 17 ?
rt 17 prestige, my C came from ray catenna, but prestige is 10 minutes from my house.. when i told the manager about my unpleasent experience with one of his salesman he gave me a great price.
Old 11-16-2011, 08:33 AM

2014 E350 4M
Originally Posted by bigigg
rt 17 prestige, my C came from ray catenna, but prestige is 10 minutes from my house.. when i told the manager about my unpleasent experience with one of his salesman he gave me a great price.
i got mine from Nanuet, if you dont mind me asking what price did you get on lease ? If you dont wanna post publicly, maybe you can pm me ?
Old 11-18-2011, 08:23 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

14' CLS550
Took the car in to service last night, I was very impressed to see that the service department is open till 11pm. I had an issue with the driver side window, "wasnt going automatic up" i had to hold the button. I wasnt making a big deal but since the car is less than a week old i went to get it fixed. I believe all they did was reset a computer. The whole process took less than an hour, and they cleaned my car for me, and the two spanish girls working the desk werent too bad to look at eaither.
Old 11-18-2011, 08:24 AM

2014 E350 4M
Originally Posted by bigigg
Took the car in to service last night, I was very impressed to see that the service department is open till 11pm. I had an issue with the driver side window, "wasnt going automatic up" i had to hold the button. I wasnt making a big deal but since the car is less than a week old i went to get it fixed. I believe all they did was reset a computer. The whole process took less than an hour, and they cleaned my car for me, and the two spanish girls working the desk werent too bad to look at eaither.
Old 11-18-2011, 09:58 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2011 E350 4-Matic Sport
Congrats..post some pics!!
Old 11-18-2011, 10:35 AM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
2012 E350 4matic
if your auto up/down goes out again... you dont have to take it in for that. the windows sometimes go out of adjustment. all you have to do is hold the down button for a second or two when the widow is all the way down. then hold the up position as the window closes and hold that for a second or two. do this a few times in sequence. the auto function should return.

no need for a "computer reset" and no need to sit at the dealer for an hour. it takes less than a minute in your driveway.
Old 11-18-2011, 12:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

14' CLS550
Originally Posted by eagle_lex
if your auto up/down goes out again... you dont have to take it in for that. the windows sometimes go out of adjustment. all you have to do is hold the down button for a second or two when the widow is all the way down. then hold the up position as the window closes and hold that for a second or two. do this a few times in sequence. the auto function should return.

no need for a "computer reset" and no need to sit at the dealer for an hour. it takes less than a minute in your driveway.
Thanx.. good to know, my salesman was trying to tell me to do something like that bc he said it happened to him.. but it wasnt working