Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-12-2012, 05:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
w212 E550
Originally Posted by xolinlevh
Well got to the dealer and it's got a sold tag on it already. Darn (
well, it is what it is. probably the car doesn't mean to be yours and shouldn't be that hard to find another one. you could get luck and find a better one for a lower price .
Old 01-12-2012, 09:07 PM
K-A
Out Of Control!!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts
Porsche Macan S SportDesign / Ex M-B's: 11 & 10 & 06 E350's, 02 S500
Well got to the dealer and it's got a sold tag on it already. Darn (
Do you know how much they sold it for?

Nice to see the resale on the W212's starting to level out and actually remain pretty high in this case, considering how INSANELY MBUSA gives these cars away via slashing prices. $44K for a 3 MY old Loaded-ish E350 with a decent amount of miles is a pretty solid resale price, again, considering what they're going for New (via discounts).
Old 01-12-2012, 09:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2011 E550 4Matic
Originally Posted by K-A
Do you know how much they sold it for?

Nice to see the resale on the W212's starting to level out and actually remain pretty high in this case, considering how INSANELY MBUSA gives these cars away via slashing prices. $44K for a 3 MY old Loaded-ish E350 with a decent amount of miles is a pretty solid resale price, again, considering what they're going for New (via discounts).
I didnt actually even talk to anyone when i went in (to be blunt they ignored me anyway). I had an appt to have a wheel fixed, which i used as a good excuse to go look at the car in person and figure out financing for it. As it was sold, i just drooled over a few AMGs and called it a day. Though i did call back in and spoke to a sales guy (the one who sold me my C no longer works there) and asked him to keep an eye out for similarly equiped ones to come through and let me know. They only have a couple '10s on the lot and none of them have the options i needed.
Old 01-12-2012, 09:24 PM
K-A
Out Of Control!!

Yeah, seems like P2 is VERY rare, much more-so than Pano even. Baffles me as I wouldn't really want the car without it. A simple yet very effective Option that rounds the car out into being what it should be, IMO.
Old 01-12-2012, 09:55 PM

2011 E550 4Matic
Originally Posted by K-A
Yeah, seems like P2 is VERY rare, much more-so than Pano even. Baffles me as I wouldn't really want the car without it. A simple yet very effective Option that rounds the car out into being what it should be, IMO.
Yea i really want P2 tho ive only seen a couple cars with it, why wouldnt anyone want it??
Old 01-12-2012, 10:11 PM
K-A
Out Of Control!!

I agree. Very small charge for a big improvement IMO. Idk, in our Leasing-Generation (yes, I too am in a Lease), people just want the hottest car with the highest cachet that they can afford, and they want it as cheap and stripped down of everything but said cachet as they can get it.
Old 01-12-2012, 11:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

w212 E550
Yea i really want P2 tho ive only seen a couple cars with it, why wouldnt anyone want it??
if lease, check all the option/package/accessory boxes.
if buy, check whatever you need or can afford.

that's what i've learned from couple managers who work in different car dealers. so that could be the reason why you don't see that many p2 on the market yet. you'll probably see more and more from this point and on as more of them are off the lease. buying a used car is very similar to buying a used house. don't rush unless you are desperately needed one or planning to change it very soon. two cents from someone who doesn't know much .
Old 01-13-2012, 07:01 PM

2011 E550 4Matic
Originally Posted by BM2BZ
if lease, check all the option/package/accessory boxes.
if buy, check whatever you need or can afford.

that's what i've learned from couple managers who work in different car dealers. so that could be the reason why you don't see that many p2 on the market yet. you'll probably see more and more from this point and on as more of them are off the lease. buying a used car is very similar to buying a used house. don't rush unless you are desperately needed one or planning to change it very soon. two cents from someone who doesn't know much .
Hehe, My bare minimum for the E would be P1+Pano, prefer P2+pano+driver assistance package. But its flexible, spoke to the two main MB dealers here who are both keeping an eye out for a P2+Pano for me, but there is no way to know when one will arrive =/
Old 01-13-2012, 09:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

w212 E550
Hehe, My bare minimum for the E would be P1+Pano, prefer P2+pano+driver assistance package. But its flexible, spoke to the two main MB dealers here who are both keeping an eye out for a P2+Pano for me, but there is no way to know when one will arrive =/
if you are in no rush, cars with that kind of specs will come across sooner that you expected as what i've mentioned earlier, more and more are coming off the lease. but if you want one asap, every minute seems like years. don't show your emotion to any car dealer. they won't give you a penny off.
Old 01-13-2012, 09:34 PM

2011 E550 4Matic
if you are in no rush, cars with that kind of specs will come across sooner that you expected as what i've mentioned earlier, more and more are coming off the lease. but if you want one asap, every minute seems like years. don't show your emotion to any car dealer. they won't give you a penny off.
Yea I made it clear to the sales guys i was talking to that i love the C, and am not gonna jump into a new car right away, more that im trying to take stock of whats out there and see what my options are. Its also more dependent on what they give me as a trade in for my current C, if they try to screw me on its value theres no way ill do it
Old 01-13-2012, 09:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

w212 E550
Yea I made it clear to the sales guys i was talking to that i love the C, and am not gonna jump into a new car right away, more that im trying to take stock of whats out there and see what my options are. Its also more dependent on what they give me as a trade in for my current C, if they try to screw me on its value theres no way ill do it
good that you made it clear especially they might think you are not too serious as yours is fairly new, a 2010 c. so you have the upper hand .
Old 01-13-2012, 09:53 PM

2011 E550 4Matic
good that you made it clear especially they might think you are not too serious as yours is fairly new, a 2010 c. so you have the upper hand .
Well no one ever takes me seriously at dealerships. I'm only 26 and look like im 20.....No one ever greets me and unless i park my car RIGHT in front of the window, im totally treated as just a kid whos drooling over nice shiny things. Oddly enough the Bentley dealer gives me drinks and lets me test drive.......
Old 01-13-2012, 09:59 PM
K-A
Out Of Control!!

I get the same treatment. ^^

Pulling the whip up to the front always works though.
Old 01-14-2012, 05:29 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

w212 E550
that's why i hate to go to any car dealerships . but that's the nature of most retail businesses unfortunately.
Old 01-16-2012, 08:22 PM

2011 E550 4Matic
Well the dream car came back to the dealer after being 'sold' on thursday, went in, took her for a spin, then the finance people threw on the brakes. They couldnt quite work the numbers to get to where i wanted. Gonna do a bit of crunching on my own, but looks like i need a larger down payment then i had ready at the time, in order to get my monthlys lower =/
Old 01-16-2012, 08:25 PM
K-A
Out Of Control!!

Interesting. Take your time, don't get too hot and heavy on it, and know that there are lots of these cars around and prices will naturally go down as time goes on (on the flip side, so will your car's, therein lies the problem).

Don't do anything that'll hit your wallet too hard! When you do the "roll into payments" trick, it seems all the better, but when you do the math as to how much it'll cost you in total, it'll make your gut wrench. At the same time, life is too short, if it makes sense, you want it, and you have the means, then go for it.
Old 01-16-2012, 10:01 PM

2011 E550 4Matic
Originally Posted by K-A
Interesting. Take your time, don't get too hot and heavy on it, and know that there are lots of these cars around and prices will naturally go down as time goes on (on the flip side, so will your car's, therein lies the problem).

Don't do anything that'll hit your wallet too hard! When you do the "roll into payments" trick, it seems all the better, but when you do the math as to how much it'll cost you in total, it'll make your gut wrench. At the same time, life is too short, if it makes sense, you want it, and you have the means, then go for it.
Yea when i did all my payment calculations at home i didnt take into account tax/title/fees etc, which with those added in was a tad more then i was comfortable spending. Plus they wouldnt go past 72. Granted its a bad idea to do 72, or more, but figured if i can get it cheap per month for the next year when big $ kick in, i can pay it off super fast then. Oh well Ill keep working the numbers and see what i can come up wiht lol
Old 01-17-2012, 03:58 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

w212 E550
what happened to the "previous owner"? why did the car come back so soon? hope it wasn't the car had some serious problems over the weekend and the owner brought it back.