E-Class (W212) 2010 - 2016: E 350, E 550

E wagon experience??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-13-2012, 06:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2013 E350 4M Wagon & 2013 C350 4M Sedan
Originally Posted by harkgar
What does the Canadian launch package include? I know the 2012 has 302 bhp without turbocharging. Sweet looking car in white.
Thanks. Launch edition is pano roof, navi, artico stitched dash, premium leather seats, drive assist, amg apperance , etc.... But it has the old style steering wheel which is odd.
Old 01-16-2012, 11:25 AM

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
2012 e350 wagon
Originally Posted by MinnBobber
Thanks for the input.

My bike needs to go inside. It's 54 cm carbon/ti combo so I don't want to leave it on roof rack or hitch rack. Too easy of a target to disappear.
I know I would sometime forget about the roof rack too, and my garage would turn it into a 24 cm

Adrien, that was news to me that Euro E wagons don't have the kid seats-thanks. That would make it much easier if proper parts existed. I was thinking one would have to "unbolt" seat bottoms and backs and leave covers----if that's even possible.

I should probably test drive the 2012 E sedan as ride/handling should be very comparable to the wagon.

For some reason, I find the wagon much more attractive than the sedan....
I hope one of our 3 local MB dealers gets a 2012 in to check out.
Bob

Adrien, yes pictures of the kid seats would be nice. No hurry. With seats up/in place and something that shows how big the storage space would be if seats weren't attached to lids. Big area? Would it hold a lot of misc bike things like shoes, helmet, small cooler, raingear, etc? Did someone say spare sits at bottom? Thanks.
I always have trouble posting pics on forums so if you cannot, I'm at bsmutka@gmail.com

I wouldn't hesitate to put a bike like that on a rack, especially a good Thule or Yakima. Their locks may in fact be better than the car's. Now,not slamming them into the garage is another issue...

I poked around on the UK site. Child seats in the rear are optional, as is something called "easy pack" which appears to be an internal rack and rail system. You can see it at the URL below. That said, not sure if it offers any more space...

http://www2.mercedes-benz.co.uk/cont...w/comfort.html
Old 01-16-2012, 12:34 PM

2012 e350 wagon
Originally Posted by adrien
I wouldn't hesitate to put a bike like that on a rack, especially a good Thule or Yakima. Their locks may in fact be better than the car's. Now,not slamming them into the garage is another issue...

I poked around on the UK site. Child seats in the rear are optional, as is something called "easy pack" which appears to be an internal rack and rail system. You can see it at the URL below. That said, not sure if it offers any more space...

http://www2.mercedes-benz.co.uk/cont...w/comfort.html
found a view of "easy pack" with the well open. Looks cool. But...not sure if it is worth the hassle.

http://www.gizmag.com/2010-mercedes-...picture/89161/
Old 01-19-2012, 11:01 AM

2012 e350 wagon
cargo area detail...

Per request, the trunk with just the MB mat, the first section of the seat deployed, the second section (fully deployed) detail on the footwell and finally with the seat cushion removed altogether and the floor lifted (on a strut, no less).

I looks like the pieces are all modular and removable, including the seat backs.
Attached Thumbnails E wagon experience??-trunk4.jpg   E wagon experience??-trunk3.jpg   E wagon experience??-trunk2.jpg   E wagon experience??-trunk1.jpg  
Old 06-06-2012, 10:42 AM

2009 E350 wagon
3rd row seat deleted by accident

A warning to those that will order a wagon, I ordered a 2012 E350 wagon to replace my 2009 E350 wagon (a great car). I ticked off the Easy Pack load securing system since it is a $0 option and I have it in my 2009 and use it once in a while, so for free, why not? When my car was delivered, there was no 3rd row folding seat! Seems that for 2012, when you select the Easy Pack option, you loose the 3rd row seat, but no warning pops up on the MB website to warn you about this! Kind of important to know when ordering a car. I bought the car because of that seat, so I didn't accept the car, the dealer will re-order. Sucks to see your new car but not be able to accept it.
Old 06-09-2012, 03:56 PM

C63, E350 4Matic Wagon
My wife and I test drove the "12 ML550 and the '12 E350 4Matic wagon, back to back. Came home with a sport package wagon with 18" wheels. The overly boosted steering on the ML550 was awful. We drove the ML first, so the difference in feel after stepping into the wagon was immediately apparent. Steering was still more boosted than in my C63, but felt appropriate for its purpose in a wagon. The ride and handling are also much more controlled in the wagon. The acceleration did not feel very far off of that of the ML550, but the DI V6 felt more responsive and also emits a nice little growl. We now have 1200 miles on the wagon and are extremely happy with the choice.
Attached Thumbnails E wagon experience??-img_0850.jpg   E wagon experience??-img_0843.jpg  
Old 06-09-2012, 06:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
w212 E550
Originally Posted by M156
My wife and I test drove the "12 ML550 and the '12 E350 4Matic wagon, back to back. Came home with a sport package wagon with 18" wheels. The overly boosted steering on the ML550 was awful. We drove the ML first, so the difference in feel after stepping into the wagon was immediately apparent. Steering was still more boosted than in my C63, but felt appropriate for its purpose in a wagon. The ride and handling are also much more controlled in the wagon. The acceleration did not feel very far off of that of the ML550, but the DI V6 felt more responsive and also emits a nice little growl. We now have 1200 miles on the wagon and are extremely happy with the choice.
the new ml is, imho, much better looking than the previous model but still can't beat the w212 wagon . smart move !
Old 06-09-2012, 06:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 599 Likes on 451 Posts
W212 FL
Same thoughts as BM2BZ
In addition to that, I normally am not into wagons but W212 is the so great in any form no matter what you pick up
Old 06-09-2012, 06:21 PM

2013 E350 Wagon, prev 2005 ML 500 SE
Cool wagon

Originally Posted by M156
M156 ---Thanks for sharing your experience. I love the ML's but do have a 2013 E Wagon on order. Your comparison makes me feel better. I was somewhat disappointed that there was no medium V8/ 4 Matic available in the Wagon, like the E 550 Sedan. It helped that MB upped their game on the 350. A lot of folks reported the ML 550 engine to be quite "addicting" so that says a lot that the E 350 Wagon won out for you.
Do you have Sport version? 18" wheels? How's the ride quality?
Do you have Active Multicontour seat? Like it?
I can still change my build specs for a little more time?

Anxiously awaiting my 2013 E.
Old 06-10-2012, 11:41 PM

C63, E350 4Matic Wagon
Originally Posted by MinnBobber
M156 ---Thanks for sharing your experience. I love the ML's but do have a 2013 E Wagon on order. Your comparison makes me feel better. I was somewhat disappointed that there was no medium V8/ 4 Matic available in the Wagon, like the E 550 Sedan. It helped that MB upped their game on the 350. A lot of folks reported the ML 550 engine to be quite "addicting" so that says a lot that the E 350 Wagon won out for you.
Do you have Sport version? 18" wheels? How's the ride quality?
Do you have Active Multicontour seat? Like it?
I can still change my build specs for a little more time?

Anxiously awaiting my 2013 E.
It's funny you should mention the desire for a V8 4Matic wagon. I too thought that would have been ideal, but after living with the DI V6, there aren't many times where I feel it needs more power. It is a very comfortable and relaxing car to drive. Originally I was trying to talk my wife into a CTS-V wagon, but she did not like the looks at all. After that, we decided to narrow it down to the ML550 and the E350 S212. Our wagon has P1, sport package, ash trim/ash steering wheel, multicontour seat, 18" wheels, and panoramic roof. Massage is a very nice feature of the seat, but I don't use the adaptive bolsters. Even with the sport suspension and 18" wheels, I would say the ride is quite supple and comfortable, even on Los Angeles' pockmarked streets. The combination of adaptive front struts(kind of like Koni FSDs) and rear airmatic suspension makes for a nice ride and handling compromise. I don't think you can go wrong with one of these!