E-Class (W212) 2010 - 2016: E 350, E 550

Midcity Engineering Radar Integration

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-10-2013, 02:10 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
2010 E550
Originally Posted by stale-bread
They work great. He more than likely has X and K band turned off by default. Here in Boston most Police use Ka and laser. Also the portable radar street signs that display your speed use the older K band as well.
I live in Boston as well. How safe do you think it is to turn off X and K? Are they just not using those bands around here any more?
Old 09-10-2013, 08:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2011 E550 4Matic
Do these work with Distronic? I've just gotten ANOTHER ticket so debating finally pulling the trigger on a 9500....
Old 09-10-2013, 08:48 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2010 E550
Originally Posted by albertb
I live in Boston as well. How safe do you think it is to turn off X and K? Are they just not using those bands around here any more?
I have the K40 RL360 custom installed. My Merc has Distronic and Park assist option. It has worked great for me in my 550. I transferred it from my BMW and that worked for 2 years no issues. I turned off X and K, only Ka and laser on. No issues. I have the front laser scrambler but I wouldn't put too much faith in that option. It has notified me of the laser and I have slowed down and not received a ticket fortunately. I have the 8500 in my winter vehicle,a Ford explorer, with the blendmount option with the same X and K off. I do not think they use it in this area anymore unless they could not afford to upgrade their equipment. It has paid for itself many times over. Please don't blame me if you get a ticket though.