E-Class (W212) 2010 - 2016: E 350, E 550
Old 06-04-2015, 07:58 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:Browse all: Interior
Print Wikipost

Did it...LED interior, LED trunk, and LED rear License plate lights.

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 11-15-2012, 05:30 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
2011 GLK350 P1, Multi-media & AMG Pkg; 2010 E350 w/ prem 2; 2018 4Runner SR5 Prem. 4x4
Originally Posted by BlackB-Wald
nice. thanks. what kind of LED did you use for the license plate? any suggestion including the code.
194/168 canbus...use canbus whenever you think it is sensored to throw a light on the driver console.
Old 11-15-2012, 10:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E350 4matic, Porsche Cayenne S
Hey,

May know what kind of light that you used for the license plate? any specific size or code for it? Thanks
Old 11-15-2012, 11:48 PM

E300 W212
We know that we gave you hard time by asking many questions
Just provide us with the pics of the bulbs required for the work
Thanks alot
Old 11-16-2012, 12:35 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
E350
Originally Posted by alanme123
I genuinely think that for the interior, the normal stock lighting looks much better and easier on your eyes than the white LEDs. As for the license lights, yes those should be white! Anybody think the same about the interior?
I think so too. LEDs on outside are clean though
Old 12-10-2012, 02:16 AM

'11 E350 4Matic AMG Sport ,09 C300 4Matic Sport Sedan, 25,000miles,P1, MM Package, (Sold) 1998 E320
Alright I know this has probably been covered as I just read the entire thread... I ordered 3 pairs of led lights so far at 6000k heat. A pair for the front footweel and back. Then a pair for the glove box and trunk. Can you please tell me which other lights I need as I'm very confused between the thread and eBay of what I need. The list of what I need and type of bulbs would be great appreciated... I know it's been listed but please just throw me a bone and help me out... I really need the help as I'm so confused and I want to just get them and install them ASAP... Thanks in advance to whoever helps me... Thanks so much.... Even if someone finds an eBay link for a set of them I would be indebted to you forever
Old 12-26-2012, 12:40 PM

Mercedes Benz E200 W212
Hey dudes! Need abit of your help!

Got round fitting some LED's to my W212. Removed the rear roof light unit and tried replacing the stock light with a 39mm SMD LED bulb. It worked when I put it in but I've decided to bend the spring abit so it gives be a better connection to prevent the bulb from dropping out from the slots while driving. After bending the spring inside the light unit, it stopped working completely! I flipped the bulb, nothing worked. Fitted the stock bulb, still no sign of light. What should I do!?
Old 01-08-2013, 09:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 74 Likes on 67 Posts
C300 Sport 4Matic
Originally Posted by PHML
thanks for replying to this question...all is correct...except for....

error free 194 for side mirrors and license plate.

only rear license plate need to be error free. the side mirror can be regular 194...no sensors there, so it won't throw a "lamp out" signal on your console.

pete
Hey ....let me get this correct ....the bulb for the side mirror is 194?? When I go on ebay there are many shapes for 194? Can you provide me with a link to the site where you got bulbs from? Or at least a picture of the led bulb you used for the side mirror?? Been meaning to change this for a while now.

Thanks a lot in advance!!
Old 12-06-2013, 01:39 AM
D&G

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
W212 E550
I want to change out my rear license plate lights. Anyone have a DIY?
Old 12-06-2013, 09:50 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2010 E550
Originally Posted by D&G
I want to change out my rear license plate lights. Anyone have a DIY?
Try this from pacOracle. It is easy. I followed this last month and worked perfect. And the backup camera at night really is brighter now.

Originally Posted by pacOracle View Post
u r in luck my friend. I looked tirelessly on bulb replacement instructions and found nothing. I had to blindly maneuver my way around but finally figured it out. I ordered my lights and anxiously went about trying to get to the old lights b4 I even got the new ones. I hope the instructions help. If there are any corrections that anyone may have, please say so as I am no expert. Just someone who was successful with my own DIY methods.

With trunk completely open. Pry and grab a hold of the plastic panel that houses the trunk light and the trunk closing buttons and pull down. This will dislodge the 3 plastic push pins. (If there is a tool or correct procedure to remove the plastic pins please advise. As I stated “I am an amateur”) Now u will still have to pull the panel towards u to dislodge the panel from the trunk lid. It is being held on by 4 clips. Now unplug the trunk light wire and trunk closing wires. U will now have to remove the the trunk lid liner. It is being held down 6 plastic push pins. I did it by just yanking on the liner. (If there is a tool or correct procedure to remove the plastic pins please advise.) The liner is also tucked into the arm covers that hinges the trunk lid to the car. To remove this, you will have to remove 2 more plastic push pins. Once the liner is loosened from the trunk lid, u will need to unplug the emergency trunk release wire. Now u should have open access to the back and internal top area of the license plate. If you’re just replacing the bulb, this is as far as u have to go as u now have access. If u are replacing the license plate light housings to one that houses a led light then u will have to remove the plastic plate that encloses the key lock, license plate lights, and the reverse camera. Unplug the license plate wires and the outer electric trunk release wire. The outside plastic plate is being held to the trunk by 3 or 4 white plastic lock pins. I used needle nose pliers to squeeze and push them out. The electric trunk release is attached to the plastic plate. It is being wedged to the trunk lid. It will look like it is a part of the release unit but just grab it and slide it down. It shouldn’t require much force. (Sorry, can’t really describe it) Once slid out of place, the plastic plate and trunk release can be removed. U now have access to the license plate light housings.

I hope this helps. Never created instructions before. It’s harder than I thought it would be.
I just did it myself.... yeeeha Thank you pacOracle for your clear instruction. I received the LED from JBSpeed today and I literally followed your instruction line by line. It took me about 1 hr to complete the job. it needs a leap of faith to pry and pull those clips. I used mini flat screw driver to get my normal size two flat screw drivers underneath the clip and twisted it/ pull it. The good thing, I did not brake any of the clips... yeay....

Then the plastic panel was held by the two metal pins... it took some efforts to pull it..The rests, I was getting better and quicker when removing the clips...

Again, Thank you again for you instruction pacOracle. Awesome Forum.
Old 11-25-2015, 07:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 121 Likes on 95 Posts
2015 GL550 4matic
I just completed this full led light package in less than an hour total. Thanks for the pics and tips.

I got 20 pack of smd 194 bulbs from Ebay for less than $7, and had a festoon for the rear dome lying around. No errors. I used all 20 including the front parking lights inside the headlights.

The puddle lights were the hardest. A note on the front dome covers; pry from outside the thin black trim strip around the edge.