My Thoughts About E550 Coupe

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-20-2012, 03:45 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 120 Likes on 66 Posts
2020 G63, 2021 E450 All-Terrain Wagon
Originally Posted by K-A

Also, you do know that there is very good reason that you see E-Classes everywhere, but not SRT8's (which cost about the same), and as much as everyone would love a car that's "rare" but also renowned and/or logical, unless we're talking exotic-pricing, it's not too likely. The E is "everywhere" because it's just that damn great, nothing less.
Lol the reason I see so many E's in my neighborhood is b/c it's filled with old ladies in their 60's, who need to go out to the jewelry stores, the mall, and to get their hair/makeup done, in a car that obviously appeals to old people as well as young people - but more to old people given the wealth difference between most older people and younger people, easy to use UI, and not that many confusing buttons. Lol all of these women drive black E350's with luxury package (double round fogs/DRL's) w/P1 and beige interior. That's literally all my dealer stocks...My dealer has no E550's or no E350 sedans w/ P2.
Old 02-20-2012, 06:35 AM
K-A
Out Of Control!!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts
Porsche Macan S SportDesign / Ex M-B's: 11 & 10 & 06 E350's, 02 S500
Wait, most of the old ladies in E's (large percentile) have Luxury Packages? I rarely ever see Luxury Packages.

It pi$$es me off that M-B gave everyone the Sport for free. I paid extra to get the AMG Package on my W211 and would HAPPILY pay a premium to do it again on my W212. Fact is, I love the E-Class, always have, but of course, it's a great car, and those "old ladies" also buy the best that they know of with their money. The E appeals to young and old because it's a dynamic choice of car (multiple characters), and of course, older people are generally wealthier.

It bothers me that these people who USED TO buy the Luxury Package, letting us enthusiasts pay up for Sport Packages so we could have the car we desire but not be bunched in with said "old ladies" in their Luxury fleet-cars, now have a Sport option by default. It was never like this with the E-Class, and it's made it less fun to have a Sport Package (I could pick my W211 with AMG Pack out in a row of E's every time, now I have to mod my W212 at every angle to have it stand out.... which I did, and I'm happy, but I wish I didn't *have to*. Of course, I wouldn't take an E without P2.... that's where I draw the line, that's the only true "visual variation mod" that I could get, aside from the AMG Wheel Package (Pano as well, but I don't have it on my new E, did on my 2010).
Old 02-20-2012, 08:40 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
2012 S350 Bluetec 4Matic, Diamond White, P2
K-A, With better than 90% of the E's having the sport package, I am pretty sure most of the old ladies are getting the sport package. Go-granny, go-granny, go-granny go.
Old 02-20-2012, 08:43 AM
K-A
Out Of Control!!

That's what I mean. It's reverse from how it's supposed to be (i.e how it used to be)

I was always fully willing to pay a premium for the Sports Package so my car would have a noticeable "enthusiast edge" from the normal "Granny E" . W210's and W211's with AMG Package were always such cool sights for me.

Now, it's like "Fleet Car" style, they make them so all E's look the same, and all of them have the aggressive Sports Package. Sure, they still all look great, but it takes away the "effect".
Old 02-20-2012, 09:38 AM

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
2012 e350 wagon
Originally Posted by K-A
That's what I mean. It's reverse from how it's supposed to be (i.e how it used to be)

I was always fully willing to pay a premium for the Sports Package so my car would have a noticeable "enthusiast edge" from the normal "Granny E" . W210's and W211's with AMG Package were always such cool sights for me.

Now, it's like "Fleet Car" style, they make them so all E's look the same, and all of them have the aggressive Sports Package. Sure, they still all look great, but it takes away the "effect".
Does that mean that with a luxury wagon (no less!) I represent the new "sport" because it is so rare? There was I thinking it was just for a slightly softer ride and lower chance of leaving bodywork on speed bumps...
Old 02-20-2012, 09:49 AM
K-A
Out Of Control!!

Yep. If you have a Luxury Package, especially with the double fogs, you are the new "AMG Package". You're the new "stand out from a Pack of E's".

Terrible how M-B has reversed the logistics of how it should be
Old 02-20-2012, 10:25 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 373 Likes on 325 Posts
Only MBs - the best or nothing
That's why you mod. And you start it by putting some performance wheels and tires on (something those "old" foks would never do). Nothing will set your car apart more. Especially since you should have extra $$$ for it as you did not "pay up" for the sports package.