E-Class (W212) 2010 - 2016: E 350, E 550

2012 U.S. Vehicle Dependability Study

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-26-2012, 11:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
2012 S350 Bluetec 4Matic, Diamond White, P2
Wait till you see the KIA version of the Genesis. KIA has had an ex-Audi designer heading up and defining their design language. I think KIA is going to be a force to be reckoned with. Their interior designs are very close to Audi's in my opinion.
Old 02-27-2012, 12:01 AM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Lexus LS 400, 2008 BMW 528i, 2014 e250 BlueTec
ImInPA
You have a good insight! I believe they have design already. They are just in final pricing decision process.
Old 02-27-2012, 09:40 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 143 Likes on 102 Posts
2010 E350 Luxury Sedan, Engine 272 (V6)
Can't see the purpose

Originally Posted by ImInPA
Wait till you see the KIA version of the Genesis. KIA has had an ex-Audi designer heading up and defining their design language. I think KIA is going to be a force to be reckoned with. Their interior designs are very close to Audi's in my opinion.
Since Hyundai owns most, if not all, of KIA, I can't see the purpose of both having a Genesis type car. Forget the name, but the previous KIA upscale model did not sell well at all if I remember correctly. This would have been comparable to the Azera.
Regardless, it seems that a lot of corporate time, energy, R&D money, tooling costs, marketing, ad infinitum will be expended just to compete with Hyundai.
Strikes me as being like Scion developing a car to compete with Toyota Avalon.
Realize KIA and Hyundai do not share dealerships, but most are located in same cities as each other.
Better investment would be to improve the Genesis and maybe the Equus and the current line of KIA's.
Every brand offering every type model is part of what led to problems at Ford, GM, Chrysler, etc.
Old 02-27-2012, 10:16 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
2012 S350 Bluetec 4Matic, Diamond White, P2
I have heard the KIA version will slot just above the Genesis and Below the Equus. It will look dramatically different than the Hyundai. I am fairly certain that Hyundai will not be their competitor. Rather, I think you will see the Genesis and the new KIA stripping off sales from Chrysler, Buick, Lincoln, as well as a few from the MB, BMW, and Audi ranks as well. To Hyundai/KIA any sale of either model takes from the competition. The KIA "flagship" you speak of was nothing like the modern Hyundai/KIAs. Many of the opinions posted here I clearly remember being said about Toyota when they spun off Lexus. I do not think the Germans are going to let that happen again with Hyundai.
Old 02-27-2012, 01:14 PM

Received 38 Likes on 29 Posts
18'Porsche GT3, 16' Ram 3500 mega diesel,30' Model A Ratrod, 17' E43
All the talk about Kia's and Hyundai's belong on Honda, Nissan, and Toyota forums, not here. Being talked about on a MB forum is like a Ferrari forum talking about a Camaro SS. Yes, the camaro is fast, but its still a Camaro.(not intended to diss any Camaro guys out there).