E-Class (W212) 2010 - 2016: E 350, E 550

2013 E sedan and wagon info----

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-23-2012, 05:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2013 E350 Wagon, prev 2005 ML 500 SE
Question 2013 E sedan and wagon info----

what are you hearing on the 2013 E sedans and wagons (for US) ??

I'll start. I'm looking at ordering an E350 Wagon and my dealer said they are only built every so often. Next Wagon build in May for June delivery.

But....build after that (in July) will be 2013 350 Wagons for August delivery so I'm likely to hold off for 2013.
Especially after hearing that 2013 should have 333 HP V6 which may be a turbo....hope the mpg rating stays in upper 20s.

What else have you heard?

Any more info on E hybrid release--dates and models and pricing.
Old 03-23-2012, 05:59 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C250,GLK350
Originally Posted by MinnBobber
what are you hearing on the 2013 E sedans and wagons (for US) ??

I'll start. I'm looking at ordering an E350 Wagon and my dealer said they are only built every so often. Next Wagon build in May for June delivery.

But....build after that (in July) will be 2013 350 Wagons for August delivery so I'm likely to hold off for 2013.
Especially after hearing that 2013 should have 333 HP V6 which may be a turbo....hope the mpg rating stays in upper 20s.

What else have you heard?

Any more info on E hybrid release--dates and models and pricing.
The E Hybrid is coming but seeing how they just changed the V6 in the E350, I do not see how they will go and change it again next year. Also the launch calendar makes no remarks about a new engine in the W212 other than the hybrid for '13
Old 03-27-2012, 04:34 PM

Received 49 Likes on 42 Posts
Chevrolet Chevette, Ford Pinto, Pontiac Aztek, Trabant, Yugo GV (and all the worst cars ever built)
I agree with DCubed. Based on my experience with MB cars for 12 years and three cars, I cannot imagine why and how they would replace the 2012 engine after only a year of production. Production and manufacturing costs alone would not make that a sensible decision. Knowing the Germans, whom I work with everyday, they make longer term plans.

Old 03-27-2012, 05:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2013 E350 Wagon, prev 2005 ML 500 SE
MB rate of change

This isn't like the MB we know and love but here's from March 2012 MotorTrend article:

The Mercedes-Benz E-Class is due for a face-lift next year, and our colleagues at Automobile got an advance look at what the silver arrow brand has in store for its refreshed midsizer. With a significantly revised exterior design, enhanced tech features, and updated engines planned for the U.S. and abroad, the 2013 E-Class should tide Mercedes customers over until the next-gen model arrives in 2015.

The refresh will reportedly ditch the current model’s quad headlamps in favor of single-piece units, and also completely overhaul the E-Class’ rear end. Automobile says the only exterior elements expected to carry over to the 2013 model are the roof, front doors, and windows. The new look is intended to be more elegant and flowing compared to the current model.

Tech features like night vision assistant will be updated to detect not only pedestrians and cyclists, but also oncoming traffic. The dynamic light assistant, which currently relies on adaptive HID technology, will switch to advanced, fast-moving LED pixels capable of automatically redirecting the beam away from oncoming traffic. Another feature intended to better protect against head-on collisions is the revised Intelligent Lane Assistant system, which monitors the car’s own lane as well as oncoming traffic and sounds an early collision warning if a crash is imminent. A car-to-car communication system will be able to recognize emergency vehicles, and warn other cars about hazards such as black ice or hydroplaning conditions. The new system will also allow for partially autonomous driving, requiring only minimal steering, braking, and throttle inputs. The head-up display will be widened, and will feature updated graphics and multi-color imagery.

Also in the cards for the E-Class refresh are revised powertrains. The twin-turbo 5.5-liter V-8 will continue service in the E63 AMG, though the E550’s 408-hp twin-turbo 4.6-liter V-8 will be replaced by a single-turbo 4.6-liter unit producing 435 hp and 516 lb-ft of torque. The 3.5-liter V-6 in the E350 will increase power from 302 to 333 hp, which should advance that car to the head of the pack, with the BMW 535i packing 300 hp and Audi A6 3.0T producing 310 hp. Finally, in an effort to keep up with the joneses, Mercedes might decide to swap out the planned V-6 for a new turbocharged four-cylinder ala BMW 528i.
As mid-cycle refreshes go, the E-Class’ sounds pretty comprehensive.

Read more: http://wot.motortrend.com/refreshed-...#ixzz1qM5EjE4g
Old 03-28-2012, 09:23 AM

Received 49 Likes on 42 Posts
Chevrolet Chevette, Ford Pinto, Pontiac Aztek, Trabant, Yugo GV (and all the worst cars ever built)
Alright, it looks like that is indeed the case and the car will be different. If these features are important to you then I suggest you wait for the next model. Six months isn't a lot of time to wait for a better car. HOWEVER, since you seem to be looking for a wagon / estate, just make sure that wagon/estate model gets the update as well. Sometimes, the wagon does not get the immediate update as the sedan in the same year. You might end up waiting for six months PLUS a year to get your coveted wagon.