E-Class (W212) 2010 - 2016: E 350, E 550

STUPID COPS

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-15-2012, 02:52 PM
MBWorld God!

Received 3,404 Likes on 2,847 Posts
2012 CLS63
no doubt: kudos for coming back homey..........
no need to fret any further
Old 04-15-2012, 05:38 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
C350 Elegance
Now that all is well and good, and everybody but you live error free, whatever happened to the message? Could you send it?
Old 04-15-2012, 08:25 PM

Received 49 Likes on 42 Posts
Chevrolet Chevette, Ford Pinto, Pontiac Aztek, Trabant, Yugo GV (and all the worst cars ever built)
Originally Posted by mbluver111
it was my fault for going 35 on a 50 mph due to the fact that i got nervous when the cop kept eyeballing me from his side motorcycle mirror when he past me so i slowed down which i first thought it was my missing front license plate that he was just looking at. the cop explained even a quick glance at my cell phone is unacceptable when driving which could result in an accident. it was my fault. next time i should not be nervous when a cop drives near me even though it happens to many of you im guessing. as for my original post, im sure you guys would be pissed the **** off to get a ticket. the fact of the matter is, i will accept my responsibility
That is why pencils have erasers, because we make mistakes, learn from them and become smarter. I've screwed up so many times in my life its pathetic. But we move on... a lot smarter.

Old 04-15-2012, 09:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
w212 E550
most of the people would probably disappear and recreate another user name. kudos to you, mbluver111, for coming back . i'm sure you know by now most of the members here are reasonable and mature, unlike some other forum members who only know how to talk craps to each other. btw, the wife of my friend who got a ticket couple days ago because of talking on her cell. i was clapping right in his face and said the cop did a wonderful job. i know not all cars have bluetooth handsfree feature like ours but there is something called headset. it comes w/the phone if you don't want to spend extra $ on the bluetooth cordless ones. i just can't stand people who talk w/o one.
Old 05-22-2012, 09:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 S55 AMG
Outside of my school today, I saw a police checkpoint. They pulled me over for my tinted front windows. I have the lightest possible tint. The reason I have them is for UV protection, because I had surgery on my face, to remove a cancerous mole. The cop only gave me a warning. But the reason I am posting is to ask about this warning. He did not give me anything written, rather just a verbal one. Does this go into any computer, that I received the warning? I really don't want to take them off, but I guess I will have to. Any input? Thank you.
Old 05-22-2012, 09:30 PM

2005 S55 AMG
Does anybody know of any tint-like film that is still a UV protectant, yet is completely clear?
Old 05-22-2012, 10:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

w212 E550
Originally Posted by PersianBoi
Outside of my school today, I saw a police checkpoint. They pulled me over for my tinted front windows. I have the lightest possible tint. The reason I have them is for UV protection, because I had surgery on my face, to remove a cancerous mole. The cop only gave me a warning. But the reason I am posting is to ask about this warning. He did not give me anything written, rather just a verbal one. Does this go into any computer, that I received the warning? I really don't want to take them off, but I guess I will have to. Any input? Thank you.
afaik, nothing recorded. unless you are unlucky enough to bump into the same cop again in the very near future. even though, you can easily ask your doctor to provide you a written note/letter to proof the tint is for your health condition.
Old 05-22-2012, 10:14 PM

2005 S55 AMG
Can a doctor give me a note? I feel like everyone would just ask their doctor for one??
Old 05-22-2012, 10:39 PM

2005 S55 AMG
I was also given a warning for having too many passengers in the car (with a provisional license, one is only allowed one non-family passenger). He let me off with a verbal warning. Although I plan not to break this rule again, was anything recorded at all, onto my license or anything (I'm new to all this :/ )?
Old 05-23-2012, 04:36 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

w212 E550
Can a doctor give me a note? I feel like everyone would just ask their doctor for one??
whatever i've posted above was something i've heard from my friend. one of his kids has some issue w/sunlight and he got a note from his doctor w/o any issue. as for the verbal warning, once again, i don't think you have to worry a bit. however, i'm not a doctor nor a cop. so, what do i know .
Old 05-23-2012, 07:11 AM

2010 E350 (W212)
I don't know how old you are, but it seems to me regardless of your age you are a new driver. In what is most likely your first encounter with a police checkpoint you receive 2 warnings. Not a very good start. Having said that you should check the laws in your state regarding tinted windows. Some states have exceptions.
The warnings are informal, you will not be so lucky the next time should you be stopped by the same officer.
Old 05-23-2012, 07:25 AM
K-A
Out Of Control!!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts
Porsche Macan S SportDesign / Ex M-B's: 11 & 10 & 06 E350's, 02 S500
You know, in relation to the inane subject of this Thread, I will say out of all the lame "Stupid Cops! They should have apprehended that violent nutcase by offering tea and crumpets! How dare they follow orders and use.... gasp.... FORCE to apprehend a menace!".... this situation where they shot and killed a "Baby Mountain Lion" (it was huge, and wasn't really a baby at all, of course the Media finds their way into calling it one) who was roaming around in a public place in Santa Monica. I mean, I understand the thing was two steps shy of finding itself lunch in the human form probably, and they did try and shoot it with tranquilizers first.... but DAMN MAN! Seeing a picture of the big cat just nicely lying in an apartment corridor, just before it met its demise, got me bummed out. Maybe they had no other choice, but that is really saddening.
Old 05-23-2012, 05:45 PM

2005 S55 AMG
Originally Posted by xpdchief
I don't know how old you are, but it seems to me regardless of your age you are a new driver. In what is most likely your first encounter with a police checkpoint you receive 2 warnings. Not a very good start. Having said that you should check the laws in your state regarding tinted windows. Some states have exceptions.
The warnings are informal, you will not be so lucky the next time should you be stopped by the same officer.
Yes, I am a fairly new driver, getting used to things. I understand it was a terrible start, getting 2 warnings already. I plan on taking the tints off. The police checkpoint is a regular thing now, right in front of my school, so I see the officer every day :/ . I get out from school at 6 o'clock every day, so I am not sure how to remove the tints. Does anyone know of a good way to DIY? I read it is much better to take it to a shop.
Old 05-23-2012, 06:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

w212 E550
you want to remove the tints by professionals. not a good idea for diy.
Old 05-23-2012, 07:52 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2014 E350, 2012 SL550
Does anybody know of any tint-like film that is still a UV protectant, yet is completely clear?
Even ordinary glass offers a large degree of UV blocking. MB windows are slightly tinted from the factory and offer even more protection.

If you wear eyeglasses that are photo-sensitive (auto darkening), this is why they don't darken inside the car. Not enough UV.

Regards,
Don
Old 05-23-2012, 08:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

w212 E550
don is right. those glasses w/transition lenses won't change color unless you open your sunroof or drive a convertible. even when you are outdoor under the sun but w/hat or visor on, they still won't change to as dark as a pair of regular sunglasses. those lenses change color because of uv, not light.