E-Class (W212) 2010 - 2016: E 350, E 550

MB of Georgetown, TX customer service

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-06-2012, 03:17 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2010 E550, 2010 GL450
Thumbs down MB of Georgetown, TX customer service

The past six maybe seven times that I have taken my vehicle to MB of Georgetown, no later than 8:30 AM, I have managed to leave six to eight hours later and it has been extremely discouraging not to mention a few times the service was never completed and I had to call MB of Georgetown about parts that came in to fix my vehicles when I should have been contacted. I currently own a 2010 E550 and a 2010 GL450. The first occurrence was a simple A or B service on the GL which lasted six hours plus. The second occurrence involved updating the command system and replacing the 12V socket of the second row passenger area on the GL. Again another six plus hours and I had my family with me (five people including me) of which my wife complained about it taking so long and my kids became irritated as well. The third occurrence was to replace the glove box handle (cracked down the middle) and other items on the GL; six hours plus. The fourth occurrence I brought both vehicles in and had the driver side-view mirror turn signal indicator replaced (debris damage) and cabin filter replaced on the GL. The E had the cabin filter replaced and supposedly the 12V in the passenger area and the speaker cover for the driver tweeter (dent) replaced (I found out later that was not the case). The fifth occurrence was a problem with the E driver door utilizing the key-less entry mechanism. The driver door would not unlock by touch (only the passenger doors) and would not lock by touch (only the passenger doors). I am not a mechanic or a vehicle technician but my first instinct was not replacing the door handle. I believed it to be the door locking and unlocking and or syncing mechanism. MB of Georgetown replaced the door handle (ordered, repainted, and replaced). I had to call them to see when it arrived which was the day before but I never received a call (this is not the first time). Needless to say, that did not correct the issue and none of the other jobs on the work order where done either but I was assured it was by MB of Georgetown. I went back Monday, April 2, 2012 and finally got the 12V and tweeter speaker cover replaced. That only took about forty-five minutes or less. I finally became fed up and went further south to MB of Austin, TX. I explained to them what I needed, got a loaner vehicle (with half a tank of gas) and left the facilities within an hour or less. Today, April 3, 2012, I received a call stating that the parts were ordered and my vehicle will be ready to go tomorrow. I am already impressed by just that one phone call to keep me informed on what is going on. It may take an additional fifteen or twenty minutes to my forty minute drive from the Fort Hood area but I think I found a new MB service center. I will be contacting the MB Regional Office to express my situation. Has anyone else had difficulties with MB of Georgetown?
Old 04-06-2012, 03:17 AM

2010 E550, 2010 GL450
I KNOW THIS POST IS LONG BUT THIS REALLY NEEDS TO BY READ.
Old 04-06-2012, 04:47 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
w212 E550
i'm very impressed w/your patience. they've been treating you like this and you still went back there for six or seven times?! i think the first thing is talk to the service dept mgr and gm of that dealer. if they don't give a crap, contact mbusa. sometimes people need a slap in order to get things done properly.
Old 04-06-2012, 10:25 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 144 Likes on 103 Posts
2010 E350 Luxury Sedan, Engine 272 (V6)
My dealer kept my car several hours for "A" service, but gave me an MB loaner so no big problem. Not sure why "A" service should take so long, but rather they do it right than rush it.
One of my concerns in getting an MB was the lack of dealers. 45 minute drive to one I use (closest) and about two hours to next closest ones.
Old 04-08-2012, 11:49 AM

2010 E550, 2010 GL450
My two biggest problems with MB of Georgetown is:

I have to proactively find out what is going on with my vehicle whether it be service or parts because they do not inform you like they are suppose to and I have to go back behind them to make sure the things I asked for as a customer were done correctly.

This is what I have to do with my kids. I should not have to go through this with adults who are certified in what they do.
Old 04-08-2012, 12:35 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
2010 W212 E550 Grey CPO
Originally Posted by 6figga
My two biggest problems with MB of Georgetown is:

I have to proactively find out what is going on with my vehicle whether it be service or parts because they do not inform you like they are suppose to and I have to go back behind them to make sure the things I asked for as a customer were done correctly.

This is what I have to do with my kids. I should not have to go through this with adults who are certified in what they do.
You should not be expected to do this at a Benz dealer, that's ludicrous. Kia or Hyundai... maybe even Toyota - yes. But Benz? Come on!