E-Class (W212) 2010 - 2016: E 350, E 550

Buyer Beware - Kufatec

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-13-2012, 10:34 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
s600
Buyer Beware - Kufatec

I ordered the remote trunk closer after being assured in writing that it was an easy do-it-yourself installation. It arrived, after three months, with no instructions. When I was able to get instructions from them, they were incomplete, intimidating and in German. They emphatically stated that the module was for professional installation only - that anything else could cause damage to the car and the module and would void the warranty. Kufatec will allow return, but only with a hefty "restocking fee." Several other auto forums report similar unsatisfactory dealings with this company.
Old 07-12-2013, 08:02 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Audi A4
Beware of Kufatec

Similar experiences here. In practice Kufatec does not offer warranty, and tries to get away. On the other hand, this is difficult subject as they can not control assemblies. I have not mentioned anything about "damaging the interface", just tried to assemble the unit. I tried this also in another car -> did not work. Now, Kufatec claims the mistake is on customer side as all the units are tested before shipment. So lousy!

Thank you for your request.

As said before, all units are tested before they get shipped out and there's no warranty if the interface has been damaged during installation.

This means that you need to pay for the repair job and also for return shipping.

Feel free to contact us if you have any other questions.

Kind regards,

KUFATEC Support Team

Nima Ghassemi

KUFATEC GmbH & Co. KG
Dahlienstr. 15
D - 23795 Bad Segeberg