E-Class (W212) 2010 - 2016: E 350, E 550

Creak with foot on brake?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-19-2012, 01:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2011 W212
Creak with foot on brake?

On mornings, mostly when i reverse out of my driveway and gently take my foot off the brake, i get a creaking noise.

Is this normal? It's almost like if 2 surfaces are rubbing.
It tends to ease out while driving, and I dont hear it after that when I'm in traffic.

Anything to worry about?
Old 04-19-2012, 07:17 PM
K-A
Out Of Control!!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts
Porsche Macan S SportDesign / Ex M-B's: 11 & 10 & 06 E350's, 02 S500
It's kind of a comforting "Benz like" sound after you've owned enough Benzes.

Yeah, I noticed it with my car too. Just had my car in for the Service A yesterday, and brought it up, and they said they didn't notice anything. Going to Europe next week so don't care to get too aggressive on it yet and it's not bothering me enough yet.

Should be nothing to worry about, though definitely bring it up when you take it in. M-B's have always had those creak sounds when you brake at low speeds and when you get out of the car unloading some weight from the suspension. Though, I think these are usually mostly apparent when just getting into the car, or when at very low speeds and quiet ambiances.
Old 04-19-2012, 08:28 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2014 ML350 Bluetec,2012 C300 4matic sport
I notice this as well in my 09 ML350. I notice it when backing up when on a slight incline and breaking when turning into my driveway that has a slight decent to it from the road. Taking it in next week for a warranty item and will have them check this. For what its worth, The independent shop that does all of my routine maintenance checked the suspension and various ft end components. said everything load and checked out but to have the MB dealer look at it as well. Will let you know if they come up with a solution or not