E-Class (W212) 2010 - 2016: E 350, E 550

Disappointed With JB Speed Pedals

Old 04-23-2012, 10:32 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2011 E-350
Disappointed With JB Speed Pedals

Well, I finally received my pedals from JB Speed and man was I surprised. First of all, let me say, I have the Mercedes OEM AMG pedals installed but they do not include a dead pedal cover. So I ordered the set from JB Speed just to get the dead pedal cover. If I were going to use the entire set, I would have been extremely POed! First the accelerator cover has "AMG" engraved in the middle of the pedal...it is a good looking piece, however none of the other pedals match it. The brake cover and parking brake cover have a metal tag glued to the middle of the cover depicting the word "SPORTS." The dead pedal cover has a similar metal tag in the middle depicting the word "MOTORSPORTS." I will probably use it anyway, since it goes on the dead pedal, but it should have had the "AMG" engraved in it, just as the accelerator pedal and just like the picture he has posted on the forum.

I don't know if anyone who ordered the pedals ever received a matching set, but mine sure doesn't. Beware!!! I cannot believe anyone would ever put this entire set on their "E Class," with three different markings on four different pedals.
Old 04-23-2012, 10:44 AM
MCF

E350
Bump
Old 04-23-2012, 12:10 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Current: 2011 W212 Previous: 2008 W211 2006 550 2001 Rover 1997 W210
Originally Posted by CorvetteOJ
Well, I finally received my pedals from JB Speed and man was I surprised. First of all, let me say, I have the Mercedes OEM AMG pedals installed but they do not include a dead pedal cover. So I ordered the set from JB Speed just to get the dead pedal cover. If I were going to use the entire set, I would have been extremely POed! First the accelerator cover has "AMG" engraved in the middle of the pedal...it is a good looking piece, however none of the other pedals match it. The brake cover and parking brake cover have a metal tag glued to the middle of the cover depicting the word "SPORTS." The dead pedal cover has a similar metal tag in the middle depicting the word "MOTORSPORTS." I will probably use it anyway, since it goes on the dead pedal, but it should have had the "AMG" engraved in it, just as the accelerator pedal and just like the picture he has posted on the forum.

I don't know if anyone who ordered the pedals ever received a matching set, but mine sure doesn't. Beware!!! I cannot believe anyone would ever put this entire set on their "E Class," with three different markings on four different pedals.
Hey OJ.

I bought the same set and all the pedals match. Didn't bother using the dead pedal tho...

Just hit up JB and let him know the problem and he should resolve it.

I have no affiliation w/ JB but have had no problems w/ any of his merchandise.
Old 04-23-2012, 12:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 573 Likes on 429 Posts
W212 FL
I am so sorry to hear about this glitch . I think they mistakenly sent you wrong model may be W211 .Still, this is not acceptaple , if there is a way you should return it
I am uploading a correct one for you to see or JB . Next time they should not make such a mistake

This image is borrowed from www.mercedesbenzaksesuar.com
Attached Thumbnails Disappointed With JB Speed Pedals-14378_3e4484c30081.jpg  

Last edited by BenzV12; 04-23-2012 at 01:47 PM. Reason: link added
Old 04-24-2012, 06:10 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
2011 GLK350 P1, Multi-media & AMG Pkg; 2010 E350 w/ prem 2; 2018 4Runner SR5 Prem. 4x4

This is too funny.

I have 3 words to say....Peel off stickers!!
Old 04-24-2012, 07:26 AM

2011 E-350
Originally Posted by EmE247
Hey OJ.

I bought the same set and all the pedals match. Didn't bother using the dead pedal tho...

Just hit up JB and let him know the problem and he should resolve it.

I have no affiliation w/ JB but have had no problems w/ any of his merchandise.
Man, I wish I had known that, I would have bought your dead pedal and saved myself a lot of frustration and put a few bucks in your pocket at the same time. I originally tried to buy just the dead pedal from JB Speed and he wouldn't break up a set. After not being able to find it anywhere else, I decided to order the entire set, just to get the dead pedal.

That is the problem dealing with him, everything is through Pay Pal. It's just too much extra, unnecessary hassle, such as communication problems. That is the reason I tried everyway possible to buy it somewhere else. I prefer dealing with folks I can talk with on the phone.

During the last 10 years I have spent a little over $100,000 on aftermarket mods and accessories, for four different vehicles, and never purchased anything from E-Bay or used Pay Pal. Well over 90% of everything was ordered over the phone. That always works best for me. I can ask questions and get specific information as I order. It always works better to have direct phone communication with the person or company you are ordering from. That is exactly why I do not deal with e-Bay or Pay Pal. This was my first experience with pay paly and it sucked. I realize it's a little too OCD for most people, but that's me, and at my age, it isn't going to change anytime soon. i do sincerely appreciate the concern and the comment.
Old 04-24-2012, 07:40 AM

2011 E-350
Originally Posted by PHML
This is too funny.

I have 3 words to say....Peel off stickers!!
OH YES!!! I always tell people I have a doctorate degree in s--t rigging because I have done so much of it. I immediately used the parking brake pedal to experiment with. First of all, these are not simple decals/stickers that you can simply remove and use a little goo-off and polish to make it look like it was never there. These decals (for the lack of a better word) are a far greater challenge. I did get the metallic decal off but cannot get the surface to clean up properly. I tried all that long before I ever posted about it. At first it did look like it would be a simple remove and clean, but boy was I in for a surprise. Whatever process was used, they were not designed to be removed!

I fully intend to use the dead pedal as is, with the "MOTORSPORTS" on it, but it is just a bummer that when you order a set of four items and get three different versions of it.
Old 04-24-2012, 08:05 AM
MBWorld God!

Received 3,350 Likes on 2,806 Posts
2012 CLS63
you have the right to be pissed.....were the pedals different in the pictures? If not then send that ish back!! on his dime......
I got a flat hood emblem from him once......it was 25 dollars.....and I got what I paid for......it was/is garbage......
Old 04-24-2012, 09:31 AM

2011 E-350
Well, as I started to respond to BenzV12, I got an idea and decided to go out to the garage and try another pedal. I removed the "decal" from the brake pedal with little effort and to my amazement underneath was a perfect engraved "AMG.' I immediately grabbed the dead pedal and slowlly worked on removing it...Damn, it looked beautiful underneath, again with the "AMG" engraved.

When I opened the package the other day, noticed all the different decal logos on them, I opted to experiment with the smallest one, the parking brake pedal and as I stated earlier, it was a huge mess under the decal, which was much more difficult to remove, and had no engraving on it whatsoever! Now, as I look at it closer, I believe it missed the engraving process and possibly was even scratched by the engraving machine. The decal was then installed using a different process, ie., some type of serious adhesive. As it turns out, the only piece of junk in the set was the parking brake pedal. All the others are, in fact, exactly as advertised. As they say, hindsight is 20/20. I wish I had continued to remove the decals from the other pedals, but after the issue with the parking brake pedal, I had no reason to assume the others would be good.

On one hand, I feel as though I owe JB Speed and the forum an apoligy for making such a big deal out of nothing. However, on the other hand, it wasn't exactly nothing because if I had needed the entire set, the parking brake pedal is in fact junk. I'm sorry I stirred up so much turmoil, because as it turns out, I'm OK with what I got.
Old 04-24-2012, 02:33 PM

2011 GLK350 P1, Multi-media & AMG Pkg; 2010 E350 w/ prem 2; 2018 4Runner SR5 Prem. 4x4
OH YES!!! I always tell people I have a doctorate degree in s--t rigging because I have done so much of it. I immediately used the parking brake pedal to experiment with. First of all, these are not simple decals/stickers that you can simply remove and use a little goo-off and polish to make it look like it was never there. These decals (for the lack of a better word) are a far greater challenge. I did get the metallic decal off but cannot get the surface to clean up properly. I tried all that long before I ever posted about it. At first it did look like it would be a simple remove and clean, but boy was I in for a surprise. Whatever process was used, they were not designed to be removed!

I fully intend to use the dead pedal as is, with the "MOTORSPORTS" on it, but it is just a bummer that when you order a set of four items and get three different versions of it.
I agree...these stickers were tough to remove with your fingernails. I decided to use a box cutter blade...and as soon as you get underneath it...it lifts up pretty easily....no goo gone required.
Old 04-24-2012, 03:24 PM

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
2012 w221
Funny JBspeed posts in other threads but does not have anything to say in this one?
Old 04-24-2012, 06:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
w212 E550
oj, why didn't you just return/exchange the whole set at the very beginning? also, i was looking at the pedals this morning after reading this post last night. i've noticed if you have any kind of oem mats on, it'll actually cover the dead pedal. so for whoever installed at least the dead pedal, does it mean you guys don't have any mats on ?

t.h.carrera, do you expect someone keeps self posting his own threads actually have time to read other threads ?
Old 04-24-2012, 07:38 PM

All 4 pedals have "AMG" on it...OP just needed to remove the stickers/decals. JBSPEED put decals over it because it's a logo infringement. Covering with a decal and sealing it in plastic will allow it to pass US Customs....they look for knockoffs and replicas from China.
Old 04-25-2012, 06:45 AM

2011 E-350
All 4 pedals have "AMG" on it...OP just needed to remove the stickers/decals. JBSPEED put decals over it because it's a logo infringement. Covering with a decal and sealing it in plastic will allow it to pass US Customs....they look for knockoffs and replicas from China.
Yes, but what started this whole thread was when I removed the first decal from the parking brake pedal, there was no "AMG" under it...only numerous scratches and gouges, but no logo whatsoever. I only assumed the others were the same. Not until yesterday did I remove the second decal from the brake pedal and discovered it was perfect. To make matters more confusing, when the set arrived, the accelerator pedal had no decal, only a perfect "AMG" logo showing. If covering it for US Customs purposes, then he failed to cover one of them and covered another one that was seriously damaged/deformed/unfit for use.
Old 04-25-2012, 07:02 AM

2011 E-350
Originally Posted by BM2BZ
oj, why didn't you just return/exchange the whole set at the very beginning? also, i was looking at the pedals this morning after reading this post last night. i've noticed if you have any kind of oem mats on, it'll actually cover the dead pedal. so for whoever installed at least the dead pedal, does it mean you guys don't have any mats on ?

t.h.carrera, do you expect someone keeps self posting his own threads actually have time to read other threads ?
Returning it, using the pay pal concept was a lot of hassle, especially when all I wanted was the dead pedal. If I needed the entire set, it would certainly have been a different story.

As for the mat covering the dead pedal, you are right, but I have that covered. For the interim, after installing the dead pedal yesterday, I just folded that flap under the mat...Actually, it is thin enough that when folded under, it is hardly noticeable. I have a friend in our Corvette club who owns a carpet/rug company with the equipment to cut and rebind the edge so it will look like it came that way. He guaranteed me when he was done with it, no one would ever know it ever had a flap on it. He told me if I waited a couple weeks, he could turn it around for me in 24 hours.
Old 04-25-2012, 07:12 AM
MBWorld God!

Received 3,350 Likes on 2,806 Posts
2012 CLS63

bingo......what is HE selling.....OEM stuff at his prices??
NOT
Old 04-25-2012, 05:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
w212 E550
Returning it, using the pay pal concept was a lot of hassle, especially when all I wanted was the dead pedal. If I needed the entire set, it would certainly have been a different story.

As for the mat covering the dead pedal, you are right, but I have that covered. For the interim, after installing the dead pedal yesterday, I just folded that flap under the mat...Actually, it is thin enough that when folded under, it is hardly noticeable. I have a friend in our Corvette club who owns a carpet/rug company with the equipment to cut and rebind the edge so it will look like it came that way. He guaranteed me when he was done with it, no one would ever know it ever had a flap on it. He told me if I waited a couple weeks, he could turn it around for me in 24 hours.
have you ever contacted them and at least tell them how disappointed you are? i want to know what will they do to compensate all these issues.

i have all season rubber mats so i guess fold that under the mat won't work for me but i'm sure yours will turn out great .
Old 03-12-2013, 03:54 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2013 E350
Just received my set of "AMG" style pedals from JB Speed. Wish I would have came across this thread sooner...

How are you supposed to install these? They came with a set of screws, but after removing the rubber padding from the pedals, I realized that you would have to drill holes in order to make these work. I only tried it out on the brake pedals and haven't tried yet on the gas pedals, which I'm sure would be even much more of a hassle. It was also a nice surprise finding out that I wouldn't be able to use the deal pedal...
Old 03-12-2013, 01:31 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
2012 E350
You need to drill holes to install them.. It took me hours to install because drilling each hole into the metal was a pain at such a bad angle. You have to be really careful with the gas pedal because you don't want to drill at the wrong spot, also, the back of the gas pedal has a lot of plastic so the original screws they gave me were way too short, so I had to go get some longer ones.. They look nice, just near impossible to install..
Old 03-13-2013, 12:00 AM
K-A
Out Of Control!!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts
Porsche Macan S SportDesign / Ex M-B's: 11 & 10 & 06 E350's, 02 S500
Originally Posted by alanme123
You need to drill holes to install them.. It took me hours to install because drilling each hole into the metal was a pain at such a bad angle. You have to be really careful with the gas pedal because you don't want to drill at the wrong spot, also, the back of the gas pedal has a lot of plastic so the original screws they gave me were way too short, so I had to go get some longer ones.. They look nice, just near impossible to install..
I can't believe you would go through all that, drilling holes in your car etc., just to install pedals!

Aren't there any pedals out there that can be substituted for the stockers WITHOUT having to drill holes into the chassis? I would never buy from JB Speed if in fact they're the type of company that doesn't at least warn or give directions PRIOR to sale, that additional holes would have to be drilled into the car.
Old 03-13-2013, 02:49 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2013 E350
Thumbs down

Originally Posted by K-A
I can't believe you would go through all that, drilling holes in your car etc., just to install pedals!

Aren't there any pedals out there that can be substituted for the stockers WITHOUT having to drill holes into the chassis? I would never buy from JB Speed if in fact they're the type of company that doesn't at least warn or give directions PRIOR to sale, that additional holes would have to be drilled into the car.
It would have been nice if they put a disclaimer on the website stating that drilling would be necessary. I would have never made the purchase if I was aware, it's kind of misleading because they have the AMG logo on there. Don't think i'll even bother trying to install these because I know it's going to be a hassle just trying to get the proper angle for the screws to have a flush fit. Pretty disappointed...