Old 05-20-2012, 05:17 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2012 CLS550, sold 11 E350
Expct a bill for 300.00
Old 05-20-2012, 10:19 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 143 Likes on 102 Posts
2010 E350 Luxury Sedan, Engine 272 (V6)
If you have pre-pay, they are supposed to do "required" maintenance, but not "recommended." Both are described in the maintenance manual and the paperwork that came with pre-paid.
I have pre-paid and fortunately my dealer went ahead and did both without any extra charges.
On wipers, you need to consider if car sits outside all the time or is garaged most of the time. Weather, temperatures and sunlight will affect the "rubber" on the blades. Wipers themselves almost never need replacing, only the filers/blades.
Today's cars almost never need alignment unless you have hit something with a wheel, especially for the cost.
Dealer has hand washed my car twice because I forgot to tell them not to. No problems either time. Finish still looks great. It is done inside a building which is a big plus.
Old 05-20-2012, 08:30 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2014 E350, 2012 SL550
Originally Posted by davidbijan
Expct a bill for 300.00
Yes! The "B" in "B-Service" stands for "bend over".

Regards,
Don
Old 05-21-2012, 07:41 AM
MBWorld God!

Received 3,399 Likes on 2,844 Posts
2012 CLS63
Originally Posted by dfordham
Yes! The "B" in "B-Service" stands for "bend over".

Regards,
Don
Old 05-21-2012, 02:15 PM

2016 GLE 4MATIC
Thanks you for the suggestions. So, I did get the B service done. Everything went fine until I got the dreaded call... You can tell there is a problem when they call you before estimated time.

"Sir, your rear rotors needs to be replaced." I said, fine. "Go ahead. It is covered, right?" No Sir, your rotor and brake warranty expires after 12K and now its considered wear and tear". You learn something every day. Here is why I am bringing this up. Long time ago, I had the brake noise coming, and I took it in, and they replaced the FRONT rotor. (I dont even know what a rotor is - so pardon me). Some time ago, I told them that there was still a problem with brakes because it was squeaking even when it was not wet. They checked it said there was no problem. My question is - do I have an argument that they 'misdiagnosed' the problem when it was under 12K and now I am asked to pay? Its about $650 for the job.

Another question: For an E550, when do you replace tires?

Thanks again. I truly enjoy reading all the posts.
Old 05-21-2012, 02:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
2012 S350 Bluetec 4Matic, Diamond White, P2
I would call the regional office and complain. I think you have a good case to make. As far as tires, replace them when they are needing to be replaced. There is no magic number for when to replace tires.
Old 05-21-2012, 02:52 PM

2016 GLE 4MATIC
Thanks. Will give it a shot.
Other than that, love my MB
Old 05-21-2012, 04:30 PM

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
2010 E350, 2015 S550
Originally Posted by Westwind
Thanks you for the suggestions. So, I did get the B service done. Everything went fine until I got the dreaded call... You can tell there is a problem when they call you before estimated time.

"Sir, your rear rotors needs to be replaced." I said, fine. "Go ahead. It is covered, right?" No Sir, your rotor and brake warranty expires after 12K and now its considered wear and tear". You learn something every day. Here is why I am bringing this up. Long time ago, I had the brake noise coming, and I took it in, and they replaced the FRONT rotor. (I dont even know what a rotor is - so pardon me). Some time ago, I told them that there was still a problem with brakes because it was squeaking even when it was not wet. They checked it said there was no problem. My question is - do I have an argument that they 'misdiagnosed' the problem when it was under 12K and now I am asked to pay? Its about $650 for the job.

Another question: For an E550, when do you replace tires?

Thanks again. I truly enjoy reading all the posts.
Rear rotors? At 20k miles? What about the pads? My 2010 has about 22k and both front and rear were fine at the B service.

Last edited by mnje350; 05-21-2012 at 04:34 PM.
Old 05-21-2012, 05:00 PM

2016 GLE 4MATIC
Just my luck. Front rotors were replaced long time ago. Rumbling sound when I apply brakes. Still have it. Its probably the rear ones now. Currently 20K. While we are at it, I've had so many small but manageable issues with this car...

Just recently, the front right door lock would start going up and down like crazy every time I lock the car, or when the car locks automatically when gathering speed. Got it fixed under warranty.

When I put music on hold, it turns on randomly without any provocation. Huge issue, especially if kids are sleeping and it sneaks up on you loudly all of a sudden. Dont know if I should even bother with bringing that up with the dealership because I know they will never be able to reproduce it since its so random.

My breaks squeak when backing up. Its embarrassing. However, when I tell them, they cannot reproduce it when I bring that up.

Just stuff like that. I am sure it happens to everyone that the car kinda knows they are in trouble if they reproduce the noise or problem when the dealership looks at it.

Nevertheless, I am still hanging on to it just because I love the ride. Try not to worry about little issues, and stay optimistic. Its a luxury after all, and I should not complain.
Old 05-21-2012, 05:40 PM

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
2010 E350, 2015 S550
Hope all of the little issues remain small issues. I would get them on record with the dealership just in case they get bigger. You may need that for a warranty claim later on. Good luck with her.
Old 05-22-2012, 09:47 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Just my luck. Front rotors were replaced long time ago. Rumbling sound when I apply brakes. Still have it. Its probably the rear ones now. Currently 20K. While we are at it, I've had so many small but manageable issues with this car...

Just recently, the front right door lock would start going up and down like crazy every time I lock the car, or when the car locks automatically when gathering speed. Got it fixed under warranty.

When I put music on hold, it turns on randomly without any provocation. Huge issue, especially if kids are sleeping and it sneaks up on you loudly all of a sudden. Dont know if I should even bother with bringing that up with the dealership because I know they will never be able to reproduce it since its so random.

My breaks squeak when backing up. Its embarrassing. However, when I tell them, they cannot reproduce it when I bring that up.

Just stuff like that. I am sure it happens to everyone that the car kinda knows they are in trouble if they reproduce the noise or problem when the dealership looks at it.

Nevertheless, I am still hanging on to it just because I love the ride. Try not to worry about little issues, and stay optimistic. Its a luxury after all, and I should not complain.
The "rumble" you hear in your brakes may actually be coming from your tires. If you have tires with an Asymetrical tread, have them cross-rotated and see if that doesn't solve your rumble sound. I recently was hearing what seemed to be a brake rumble that was esecially noticable as I was slowing down and coming to a stop. I cross rotated my tires and the rumble is gone. Hope this helps you as well.
Old 05-22-2012, 10:23 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
2015 GL450
I used to have that problem. Maybe I still do. It's a particularly huge issue if you are a fan of loud rock guitar, like I am.

Anyway, I got my COMAND software updated several months ago, and this was one of the several annoying little electronic glitches I asked my dealer to examine. Knock on wood, the car has not spontaneously unmuted since.

Also, you can also turn down the volume of the audio independently of anything else. So if you have nav on or something, but want to mute the audio - just turn down the volume to where no one can hear it and then mute. If it comes back on, you are good. It shouldn't work this way, but it's better than waking the kids.
Old 05-22-2012, 12:22 PM

2016 GLE 4MATIC
Originally Posted by ImInPA
The "rumble" you hear in your brakes may actually be coming from your tires. If you have tires with an Asymetrical tread, have them cross-rotated and see if that doesn't solve your rumble sound. I recently was hearing what seemed to be a brake rumble that was esecially noticable as I was slowing down and coming to a stop. I cross rotated my tires and the rumble is gone. Hope this helps you as well.
I thought they cross rotate tires in B service. Not completely sure. If they do, then that has not fixed my problem.
Old 05-22-2012, 01:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

They likely did not. It is not required by MB. It is only possible as long as your tires are not directional.