E-Class (W212) 2010 - 2016: E 350, E 550

"AMG Sport Package USA / Avantgarde Line"???

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-17-2012, 01:37 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2012 E350W4
"AMG Sport Package USA / Avantgarde Line"???

Okay, need some M-B education here, please; since the internet doesn't seem to provide a good explanation ANYWHERE--not even on mbusa itself! So, I come to you, albeit, the cyber M-B gurus to clarify this mystery for me (and hopefully all). So, my sticker doesn't say "AMG Sport Package USA" (although it has the "321 - Sport Styling/Package"); then, there's the same issue w/ the "Avantgarde Line" label used in correlation w/ the "AMG Sport Package USA" (although my sticker makes no reference to "Avantgarde")... Therein lies my problem... Used car dealerships seem to be advertising their M-B W212s as having the above options (AMG Sport Package USA; which seems to coincide w/ the Avantgarde line). What gives? Nowhere on the mbusa site does the USA version of the E-class offer such options. But I keep seeing them on sale everywhere utilizing this nomenclature w/ other available options (i.e., P1, P2, parktronic, distronic, lane departure, blind spot assist, etc...etc...). So is there anyone out there knowledgeable enough to break this down for all of us? I truly thought the Avantgarde Line was only available in foreign countries (such as UK and/or Canada)...? And as far as the AMG Sport Package USA--every W212 that comes w/ the 321 Sport Package can pretty much state claim to this label as well, unless it only applies to those that have the three-spoke steering wheel and AMG rims, right? Otherwise, these dealerships seem to be taking advantage of would be M-B consumers by loosely marketing these options for these cars! And that's !!! Soooooo...can anyone please define (as it applies to M-Bs sold in the US only):

1. AMG Sport Package USA

2. Avantgarde Line

THANKS FOR THE HELP!!!
Old 05-17-2012, 02:48 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
E-class
i don't know about the interior, but exterior wise, "AMG sport package USA" and "Avantgarde" are not the same...................

i think i might've posted a photo comparison before, comparing the front bumpers of the two.

i'll do this again:

here is E in elegance exterior, which is the same as luxury package USA, chrome trim on the front bumper is quite visible:
elegance/luxury package usually come with 4-slate grille too, i don't know why this one has 3-slate grille.......

here is E in avantgarde exterior:
front bumper is more aggressive than elegance/luxury package USA, and does not have the chrome trim on front bumper...

here is E in AMG sport package exterior:

note that "avantgarde" side skirt and rear bumper are actually the same as "elegance" ("elegance" exterior is the same as "luxury package" in the US). i believe AMG sport package USA shares the same side skirt and rear bumper (but not diffuser) as E63 AMG. someone can correct me if i'm wrong.

hope this helps.

Last edited by leapingpoint; 05-17-2012 at 02:54 AM.
Old 05-17-2012, 09:13 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts
MY17 E43 Matte Selenite/Macchiato Beige, MY16 GLE350d Tenorite/Crystal Grey, MY17 B250
For USA, you have the following options for W212:
1) Elegance styling with Elegance interior (E350/550) - tone on tone - the "Luxury" model
2) AMG styling with Avantgarde interior (E350/550) - tone on black - the "Sport" model
3) E63 AMG with Elegance interior (don't ask why, this is a mess) - tone on tone

For Canada, you have the following options for W212:
1) AMG styling with Avantgarde interior (E350/550, E300 with sport package) - tone on black
2) Avantgarde styling with Avantgarde interior (E300 without sport package) - tone on black
3) E63 AMG with Elegance interior - tone on tone

In Europe, you have Elegance and Avantgarde concepts for both interior and exterior, as well as the AMG styling (exterior).

Last edited by YYZ-E55; 05-17-2012 at 12:29 PM.
Old 05-17-2012, 09:47 AM

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
'11 E350BTC P2 Leather
Originally Posted by leapingpoint
elegance/luxury package usually come with 4-slate grille too, i don't know why this one has 3-slate grille.......
The grill has three cross members because that car has Distronic. All Distronics have three slat grills, even if they're Luxury.