Players for Rhapsody to go

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-03-2012, 12:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2012 e550
Players for Rhapsody to go

Hi all,

I just bought a 2012 E 550 and am glad to be here, even if it means "newbie".

I have Rhapsody and would like to use their music to go in this car but the information I have seen so far is making things difficult. The mp3 players that MB says are compatible include the Sansa Fuze, and Rhapsody says Fuze+, making no mention of the Fuze. I don't know if there is a functional difference or if this is a matter of not being updated information at either source.

Second issue is, will I get the same full functionality using a Fuze that I get with a flash drive in the USB port? I can get the files sorted by track, artist, album, etc. with artwork, which is fine.

Will I have to manipulate the Fuze directly to do this or will it work the same way as the flash drive through the head unit?

Thanks for any help.
Old 07-03-2012, 01:35 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
2015 GL450
I am not sure what Rhapsody to go is, but I listen to Rhapsody in my car. If your phone supports Bluetooth and the Rhapsody app, you can connect Rhapsody to your car by using the BT streaming selection under Audio. You don't need a standalone player if you have such a phone. What kind of phone do you have?
Old 07-03-2012, 02:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2012 e550
"To go" means that with the their approved devices and the Premium subscription you can load tracks onto the device and take it with you. I have plenty of my own music that isn't theirs but to get their music to take along, I need to load it into one of their particular authorizable mp3 players. For phones, only the iphone 4 is workable according to their list. Is that what you are using? I'm not sure how all this works, I'm just getting into it.
Old 07-03-2012, 03:05 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
2015 GL450
Yes, I use an iPhone 4. I live in a sort of rural area with sometimes spotty cell service, so I typically download tracks to my iPhone and Bluetooth stream them to the car. That way I have no reception issues. I do the same with Spotify.

When I am driving in areas with better cell service (or just being lazy), I just stream music directly from the Rhapsody or Spotify app. Actually, with BT audio I've even accidentally streamed YouTube audio to the car. That was weird, because it was an interview with Antonio Banderas about Puss in Boots my kid watched, and I was trying to figure out what the h*ll was was wrong with my radio.