Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-27-2017, 08:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 384 Likes on 314 Posts
2011 E550 P2 4M Sedan
Originally Posted by taxinet
Dear friends and helpers,

I'M driving MB E-220 W212 2015 , I have a AUX plug near the USB plug , but I don't have under AUDIO and "AUX" option.

Please , how can I "ADD" this AUX to the menu ?

10X
Do you have anything plugged into the aux cable? On mine I can't recall is the AUX option is greyed out or not there until something is connected via the cable.
Old 01-28-2017, 02:38 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2019 , E-Class , E220d , Diesel
Thank you ,

NO , don't have this system but I'LL check and my repair place for this option.

I thought that it can be done using UNLOCKED Command options.

Moshe

Originally Posted by Chris The Swede
Dont know if Mercedes them self knows this. It can be done with Vediamo though if you have that I can do it remotely.
Old 09-14-2017, 08:35 AM

E220 2010
Additional tips and tricks

Hi,

I just made an account to write to this thread.

Anyway, My issue was with Mercedes E220 2010 bluetooth audio and iPhone 6s Plus (iOS 10.3.2) pairing. Bluetooth telephone was working before without any additioanl tweaks.

At first, I was struggling to enable the "Bluetooth audio" option under "Audio" (it was missing), as there was no clear place on the Engineer menu (holding the red hangup button, 1 and # at the same time for ~10 seconds). I only had Radio, Disc, AUX and some other stuff.

After exploring Engineering Mode for some time, I discovered that the "BT audio" section was really really cleverly hidden. For this car, it was under "7. HW Setting" > "7.7 HU Parameter" > "(3) BT Audio" which was off. I turned that on and exited the mode completely. Thankfully, it also said "installed" under "(1) BT contact plate", so I knew it had to work - somehow..

I had some hope until I started getting the "authorization unsuccessful" error message while trying to pair the car audio system with my iPhone. Afte the unsuccessful pair, "MB audio" appeared as a saved not connected device undee my phones bt list.

Funnily enough, after about half an hour of trial and error, I discovered a trick:
1. First make sure "MB audio" is not under your phones bt devices list and if it is then remove it (forget this device).
2. Then go under "Audio" > "Bluetooth audio" in the car Command system
3. Select "BT audio" from the bottom left
4. Select "Bluetooth audio device list"
5. Make aure that your phone is NOT under the list - if it is, de-authorize it
6. Click on "Update"
7. Let it search for your phone and once found, select it (of course obviously making sure your phones bluetooth is turned on and you are in the bluetooth section of Settings on your iPhone
8. Try pairing it (doesn't matter what code you use, I used 00000 for reference on both)
9. It will say "unsuccessful", however you will notice that "MB audio" is now under your bt list on your iPhone. Make sure NOT to close the error message in the car system as this is the part where the trick comes
10. While the unsuccessful error message is open, click on "MB audio" from your iPhone bt device list and magically, it get's connected and starts playing music (if you had let's say Spotify opened on the background on your phone
11. Once your phone is successfully connected (you can see the "Connected" text next to "MB audio" on your iPhone), you can close the error message from the car.

Unforunately, you have to repeat this process (starting from step 6, previous ones can be skipped) when you close the bt connection between the car and iPhone (either you turn phones bt off or shut down cars Command system).

Note that I tested bluetooth audio on a Samsung device with Android 6 and streaming worked without this trick, as it got automatically connected.

Last edited by leducksauce; 09-14-2017 at 10:32 AM. Reason: Typo fix
Old 04-15-2018, 08:59 PM

C63
Originally Posted by leducksauce
Hi,

I just made an account to write to this thread.

Anyway, My issue was with Mercedes E220 2010 bluetooth audio and iPhone 6s Plus (iOS 10.3.2) pairing. Bluetooth telephone was working before without any additioanl tweaks.

At first, I was struggling to enable the "Bluetooth audio" option under "Audio" (it was missing), as there was no clear place on the Engineer menu (holding the red hangup button, 1 and # at the same time for ~10 seconds). I only had Radio, Disc, AUX and some other stuff.

After exploring Engineering Mode for some time, I discovered that the "BT audio" section was really really cleverly hidden. For this car, it was under "7. HW Setting" > "7.7 HU Parameter" > "(3) BT Audio" which was off. I turned that on and exited the mode completely. Thankfully, it also said "installed" under "(1) BT contact plate", so I knew it had to work - somehow..

I had some hope until I started getting the "authorization unsuccessful" error message while trying to pair the car audio system with my iPhone. Afte the unsuccessful pair, "MB audio" appeared as a saved not connected device undee my phones bt list.

Funnily enough, after about half an hour of trial and error, I discovered a trick:
1. First make sure "MB audio" is not under your phones bt devices list and if it is then remove it (forget this device).
2. Then go under "Audio" > "Bluetooth audio" in the car Command system
3. Select "BT audio" from the bottom left
4. Select "Bluetooth audio device list"
5. Make aure that your phone is NOT under the list - if it is, de-authorize it
6. Click on "Update"
7. Let it search for your phone and once found, select it (of course obviously making sure your phones bluetooth is turned on and you are in the bluetooth section of Settings on your iPhone
8. Try pairing it (doesn't matter what code you use, I used 00000 for reference on both)
9. It will say "unsuccessful", however you will notice that "MB audio" is now under your bt list on your iPhone. Make sure NOT to close the error message in the car system as this is the part where the trick comes
10. While the unsuccessful error message is open, click on "MB audio" from your iPhone bt device list and magically, it get's connected and starts playing music (if you had let's say Spotify opened on the background on your phone
11. Once your phone is successfully connected (you can see the "Connected" text next to "MB audio" on your iPhone), you can close the error message from the car.

Unforunately, you have to repeat this process (starting from step 6, previous ones can be skipped) when you close the bt connection between the car and iPhone (either you turn phones bt off or shut down cars Command system).

Note that I tested bluetooth audio on a Samsung device with Android 6 and streaming worked without this trick, as it got automatically connected.
Yes I'm aware I'm bumping an old thread and there's a possibility some of these members are no longer around.

After following your instructions I do not have BT Audio at the #3 slot. It is just "Audio" and is greyed out.

I activated the BT Contact Plate in slot #1 but it didn't do anything after a COMMAND restart.

Just trying to figure out if I'm missing something.
This is an 11 C63.

Edit, just noticed this isn't in the w204 section or the C63 section so that might explain the difference since you guys have an E class.

Last edited by willms81; 04-15-2018 at 10:21 PM.
Old 04-16-2018, 02:56 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 210 Likes on 156 Posts
W222 S63L, ML/GLE350
No difference.
Old 04-16-2018, 07:16 PM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
2015 E350 Sport 2014 C63 507.
So there's a "Reset" on page 2. Does that reset COMAND? I'm trying to figure out how to get an OTA registration going for my mbrace.
Old 08-19-2018, 10:06 PM

C230 M272 2007 AMG
Hi , on my c230 2007 the Bluetooth audio does not pair or work can any one help with this.