18'Porsche GT3, 16' Ram 3500 mega diesel,30' Model A Ratrod, 17' E43
Originally Posted by 220S
That is kinda funny...
Old 07-21-2012, 05:37 PM
K-A
Out Of Control!!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts
Porsche Macan S SportDesign / Ex M-B's: 11 & 10 & 06 E350's, 02 S500
I see my passion and enthusiasm upsets you once again, oh contrarian, bitter ole' 220S?
Old 07-21-2012, 06:27 PM
MBWorld God!

Received 3,355 Likes on 2,809 Posts
2012 CLS63
LOL 220!!

Old 07-21-2012, 06:47 PM
K-A
Out Of Control!!

Gotta love when those with nothing constructive or intelligent to say, feel they have some sort of superiority-complex rendering them the ability to muck up constructive objective/subjective viewpoints from one.

Seems despite 220S's hanging onto my nutts for every enthusiastic post I make for the car I chose over all others to drive, my Thread viewcounts usually show many are quite interested to see whether or not a car will come around to shake my current zone of "car choice perfection". Maybe that's what makes him so bitter?

Oh, and it's not like the W212 boards don't need the entertainment value. Or do we need it to be as clinical as a Dr's office compared to most all other message boards?

Last edited by K-A; 07-21-2012 at 07:13 PM.
Old 07-21-2012, 07:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Porsche 991S, Cayenne S, 1972 BMW 3.0CS E9 Coupe
Hmm. I thought it was funny and was just poking fun at the obvious. I assumed you could laugh at yourself.
Old 07-21-2012, 08:10 PM
K-A
Out Of Control!!

I could and do always laugh at myself, when the joke is worthy at least.

I never in my right mind would say that I don't deliver lots of emotionally-charged breakdowns when it comes to my car opinions/reviews, etc., but I would say that my awareness and ultimate knowledge of where said subjective viewpoints stem from, be it within my own brain or actual tangible qualities of the cars in question, makes it so that implications of being a "fanboy" rather than simply an enthusiastic fan who could also very well deliver an accurate breakdown of the *objective* qualities between both cars (which I did in the drive comparisons), is kind of a cheap shot from someone who's just annoyed by said outward enthusiasm.
Old 07-21-2012, 08:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by K-A
I could and do always laugh at myself, when the joke is worthy at least.

I never in my right mind would say that I don't deliver lots of emotionally-charged breakdowns when it comes to my car opinions/reviews, etc., but I would say that my awareness and ultimate knowledge of where said subjective viewpoints stem from, be it within my own brain or actual tangible qualities of the cars in question, makes it so that implications of being a "fanboy" rather than simply an enthusiastic fan who could also very well deliver an accurate breakdown of the *objective* qualities between both cars (which I did in the drive comparisons), is kind of a cheap shot from someone who's just annoyed by said outward enthusiasm.
Okay, then I'll get serious:

When I was in high school I had a fairly decent garage band with a few musician friends. We weren't interested in getting gigs (even though we were pretty good) but just interested in music, instruments, composition, and experimentation. One day we took on a kid who had a Rickenbacker that he was truly in love with. It was a really nice guitar, there was no doubt. But he wouldn't shut up about it and kept comparing it to everything else and how everything else fell short of his Rickenbacker. One day another member picked up a vintage Gibson SG. Instead of appreciating the other member's Gibson, he immediately went into a comparison of his Rickenbacker and how the sound could never be replicated, about the build quality, etc., etc..

He need to constantly reaffirm (and always out loud) his own personal decision making. He got that needed affirmation by constantly uplifting his choice of instrument and constantly comparing it. He was always full of effusive adjectives that were rhetorical, individual, and emotional. And the problem was that the ongoing repetition made it lose any of its potential for being a worthwhile dialectic about the virtues of different kind of guitars. He was much too focused on his own needs and desires to take the time to try to understand the validity of choice that others may find comfortable for themselves.

It got really tired really quickly. In the end it turned out he wasn't really that interested in music anyway. We politely dumped him from the group.

I sincerely believe that your "review/comparos" are acting as devices for you to pit your car (no matter what brand you may own at any given moment) against any other. It might make you feel good about your decision making, but it does get a bit old after a while. The oft repeated superfluous, redundant, and rhetorical adjectives are announced over and over and over again. And for some reason, you also do the same thing on the BMW forums.

Be happy with what you drive and leave it at that. People make purchasing decisions for a wide variety of reasons. If you want to post some helpful comparisons, that would certainly be generous. But try to step out of your own skin and leave the personal and emotional baggage at home. Or at the very least, try toning it down a bit.
Old 07-21-2012, 09:17 PM
K-A
Out Of Control!!

Okay, then I'll get serious:

When I was in high school I had a fairly decent garage band with a few musician friends. We weren't interested in getting gigs (even though we were pretty good) but just interested in music, instruments, composition, and experimentation. One day we took on a kid who had a Rickenbacker that he was truly in love with. It was a really nice guitar, there was no doubt. But he wouldn't shut up about it and kept comparing it to everything else and how everything else fell short of his Rickenbacker. One day another member picked up a vintage Gibson SG. Instead of appreciating the other member's Gibson, he immediately went into a comparison of his Rickenbacker and how the sound could never be replicated, about the build quality, etc., etc..

He need to constantly reaffirm (and always out loud) his own personal decision making. He got that needed affirmation by constantly uplifting his choice of instrument and constantly comparing it. He was always full of effusive adjectives that were rhetorical, individual, and emotional. And the problem was that the ongoing repetition made it lose any of its potential for being a worthwhile dialectic about the virtues of different kind of guitars. He was much too focused on his own needs and desires to take the time to try to understand the validity of choice that others may find comfortable for themselves.

It got really tired really quickly. In the end it turned out he wasn't really that interested in music anyway. We politely dumped him from the group.

I sincerely believe that your "review/comparos" are acting as devices for you to pit your car (no matter what brand you may own at any given moment) against any other. It might make you feel good about your decision making, but it does get a bit old after a while. The oft repeated superfluous, redundant, and rhetorical adjectives are announced over and over and over again. And for some reason, you also do the same thing on the BMW forums.

Be happy with what you drive and leave it at that. People make purchasing decisions for a wide variety of reasons. If you want to post some helpful comparisons, that would certainly be generous. But try to step out of your own skin and leave the personal and emotional baggage at home. Or at the very least, try toning it down a bit.
Thanks for the story but I didn't bother to read through it.

Considering your constant crank-pot tones, thanks, but I won't take your advice. Car enthusiasm is an escape for me, your kind of twisted over-analyzing take on it isn't my bag.

You've been on these Forums with an agenda against the W212 sine its launch. I know because I was with you for it until I got one or got out. What do you bring to these boards aside from posting contrarian "actually...." type of views? Why read through and obsess over my posts to bring you back from your love affair with a soccer mom van (I can crack jokes too ) to provide NOTHING to the very subject at hand? You spend more time on these Forums to snyly "refute" anyone's claims that M-B are a superior car to any. You check in to crankily backhand M-B owners in generally "this is why I left M-B Boards because of the pompousness of M-B owners" type examples, for example, as if you turn a blind eye to your fellow Porsche brethren, for one. As for the BMW Boards, I've actually had many give me warm reactions to my style of car enthusiasm, and even my lowly ole W212 has been complimented by some of the BMW faithful there.

Can you give us a review of a Lexus GS and a W212? I provide pics of my car with those who I gush for it over, so others can determine whether or not they agree with me.

Remember your post to say "bye bye" as if you were so through with a Message Board that you never had any specific reason to be in, rather than play contrarian to passionate posts on? You have an utter personal annoyance to the cars, brand, and anyone who gushes over them, for some skewed reason.

To finalize this. The fact that I know enough about your "self worth", due to you actually stating numerous times here what kind of job you have, how "rich" you are, what area you live in, to if I'm not mistaken, even your annual income and certain investments (other members have gotten in tiffs with you over that very subject here before), shows that you're not all that you feel you're cut out to be.... i.e simply the end all be all in selfless and purely informative logic.

Remember, 220S: Talking cars is one thing. Critiquing a car is GREAT, even on its own Message Board. Discussion, etc. But focusing so trivially on someone's take on their passion, and using so many of your posts to be inspired by that very thing, means that you have your own issues to resolve here.

Why not let my review be taken for what it is? An enthusiast who gives a subjective and objective take on the cars at hand, ON an E board at that, WITH pics to show what he's talking about, and then GTFO? Do I need to say "pretty please"?

Last edited by K-A; 07-21-2012 at 09:22 PM.
Old 07-22-2012, 07:22 AM
MBWorld God!

2012 CLS63
LOL
Old 07-22-2012, 08:23 AM
K-A
Out Of Control!!

Although it seems hard for you to muster up the vocabulary to properly articulate it aside from symbols of joyful laugh, I get the sense that you're feeling left out, Hype.

Fret no more, for I had mine bring a friend for you:

Old 07-22-2012, 09:05 AM
MBWorld God!

2012 CLS63
LOL!! thanx for including me......

I just think it's funny.......
how long did you spend doing that for me?

oh, and that's the neighbor of the beast.........haha!
Old 07-22-2012, 09:13 AM
K-A
Out Of Control!!

Not long at all. 220S was kind enough to provide me with the blueprint.

Speaking of which....

Last edited by K-A; 07-22-2012 at 09:18 AM.
Old 07-22-2012, 10:02 AM
rjm

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Multiple
Originally Posted by K-A
Thanks for the story but I didn't bother to read through it.

Considering your constant crank-pot tones, thanks, but I won't take your advice.
K-A,
You should have read his story. It hit the nail on the head. The only difference is the kid in the story was obsessed with his Rickenbacker guitar, and the kid on this forum is obsessed with his car. Get over it. It's just a CAR. Obviously it's the first nice car you've ever owned (actually leased) in your young life but the way you drool and obsess over it seems to be unhealthy. You have had the opportunity to make fair and objective reviews on this forum, but instead you repeatedly turn the opportunity into showcasing your own car with flowery and obtuse phrases in an obvious attempt to fish for compliments that will validate your own car-buying choices. What strikes me as bizarre is that you initially described this car as a piece of junk and a rattle trap, and now you praise it like it is the ultimate in automotive design and engineering.
Old 07-22-2012, 10:12 AM
K-A
Out Of Control!!

Originally Posted by rjm
K-A,
You should have read his story. It hit the nail on the head. The only difference is the kid in the story was obsessed with his Rickenbacker guitar, and the kid on this forum is obsessed with his car. Get over it. It's just a CAR. Obviously it's the first nice car you've ever owned (actually leased) in your young life but the way you drool and obsess over it seems to be unhealthy. You have had the opportunity to make fair and objective reviews on this forum, but instead you repeatedly turn the opportunity into showcasing your own car with flowery and obtuse phrases in an obvious attempt to fish for compliments that will validate your own car-buying choices. What strikes me as bizarre is that you initially described this car as a piece of junk and a rattle trap, and now you praise it like it is the ultimate in automotive design and engineering.
The problem, rjm, is that you and 220S are stuck into trying to figure out what type of person I am, as if you believe I'm some naive, non-self-aware fellow. 220S's story has nothing to do with me, because he doesn't know me, nor has he ever met the likes of me. I'd wager that I can (and have) figure(d) 220S out via the text I've read coming from his username faster than he believes he can me.

I come on message boards to ESCAPE real life (and to engage in verbal sparrings and learn to articulate and express myself.... it's been VASTLY helpful in my real life when I've needed it). You have no idea how I treat my car in person. Do you know I haven't washed it in well over a month? Until this week, I haven't waxed it in over 4 months? Sounds pretty unhealthy.... though not in the way you thought you had it in your head. I don't come here to have a clinical discussion.... I come here to share my in my *passion*. Understand that, and then stfu with your irrelevant annoyances.

This Thread is MY review, from a W212 ENTHUSIAST, discussing how I PERCEIVE the differences of both cars. I have no obligation to be an automotive journalist to this message board and give a 100% clinically objective review.

Here's my take: I know cars pretty well, I drive a lot of them. The W212 is the one I like the most (within the fair realm of my chosen budget), so I got one (2), and I like to come here and talk about what I like about it. In real life, I don't ever gush in my enthusiasm for the car, because nobody cares to listen to it, and it'd make me look foolish, so I show face.... but here? It's fair game.

Now understand that you can't understand me, and that I know exactly what I'm doing, so you don't have to inform me of how it is I'm "coming across".

Oh, and lastly, for the umpteenth time. I never called my car a rattle trap.... I said I was *afraid it was gonna be one*. As I told you several months ago.... my cars rattle's all but disappeared shortly after I made that thread. So all is well in the "ultimate".

Last edited by K-A; 07-22-2012 at 10:20 AM.
Old 07-22-2012, 10:52 AM

Received 8 Likes on 2 Posts
Airforce 1
I think the new GS looks good especially in the F-Sport guise and the interior is way better than the current E. Even the new F10 has a better interior than the E!

some pics I took after a test drive.

Last edited by pappilo; 07-22-2012 at 10:58 AM.
Old 07-22-2012, 10:55 AM
MBWorld God!

2012 CLS63
well, at least out new mascot is a Carolina girl
Old 07-22-2012, 05:31 PM
K-A
Out Of Control!!

Originally Posted by pappilo
I think the new GS looks good especially in the F-Sport guise and the interior is way better than the current E. Even the new F10 has a better interior than the E!

some pics I took after a test drive.

I actually think the F10 has best interior in class right now, though I really like the E's as well. The F10 has an aura of a more expensive car inside. The Lexus' is nice, but IMO it tries to look "Germanic", while you can tell it's not the real deal. Though I've heard some say that they think the GS has a best in class interior. Something about the shapes and materials, the forms inside, like I said, that doesn't turn me on. Oddly enough, if you go by magazine reviews, the new GS might be the most dynamic driving car in class.... more-so than the F10, which gets panned by "automotive journalists" considering what they expect from BMW. The A6 and all Audi's right now are obviously the "new BMW" to journalists, i.e practically the go-to winner, but it seems they favor both the GS and A6 in sporting dynamics (which is all journo's care to comment on, as luxury seems to be off their radars).

The exterior does look a little more aggressive with the F Sport Package.... but it's the actual design and architecture of the car that looks so bland, nondescript, and "flat". Next to an E (when I saw them together) or an F10 (via side by side pics I've seen), it just has a more homely and "matronly" nature, and lacks in so many dynamic qualities, in my opinion. To each their own, of course. There are enough E's on the roads so I welcome Lexus generating market share in this segment with open arms.
Old 07-22-2012, 10:13 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
E-class
Lexus is looking more and more like Toyota and Honda...........
Old 07-23-2012, 08:56 AM
MBWorld God!

2012 CLS63
lexus is lame.....they look lame
Old 07-23-2012, 12:51 PM

Received 38 Likes on 29 Posts
18'Porsche GT3, 16' Ram 3500 mega diesel,30' Model A Ratrod, 17' E43
Originally Posted by hyperion667
+1
Old 07-23-2012, 01:49 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
E350
The Lexus has a nicer interior and front end IMO..
Old 07-23-2012, 05:20 PM
K-A
Out Of Control!!

Originally Posted by hyperion667
I think that about sums up everything.
Old 07-23-2012, 06:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Ouch.

I clearly hit a nerve deep down inside you, K-A.

I had no clue. My apologies (really.)

But hey, you are a huge cheerleader and fanboy for the brand. I have nothing against the brand itself. And so what if you are a fanboy? There's nothing wrong with that. Other than it can get a bit redundant after a while. The same rhetoric does get kind of old. But that's just my opinion.

btw, my partner just ordered a 2013 fully optioned C350 (she likes smaller cars.) She looked at the new BMWs and decided on the Benz. It's seemed to be the right car for her at this moment in time.

I actually liked my E63 quite a lot. But in the end it wasn't the right car for me, and especially at that particular moment in time. I wanted something else. Things change, desires change. We choose products for a wide variety of reasons.

As far as cars go, there's such a huge choice of good products these days. They're all pretty decent. But let's try not gush too much about our personal choices and claim that everything else is simply "lame." Otherwise we are really just patting ourselves on our back.
Old 07-23-2012, 06:22 PM
K-A
Out Of Control!!

Ouch.

I clearly hit a nerve deep down inside you, K-A.

I had no clue. My apologies (really.)

But hey, you are a huge cheerleader and fanboy for the brand. I have nothing against the brand itself. And so what if you are a fanboy? There's nothing wrong with that. Other than it can get a bit redundant after a while. The same rhetoric does get kind of old. But that's just my opinion.

btw, my partner just ordered a 2013 fully optioned C350 (she likes smaller cars.) She looked at the new BMWs and decided on the Benz. It's seemed to be the right car for her at this moment in time.

I actually liked my E63 quite a lot. But in the end it wasn't the right car for me, and especially at that particular moment in time. I wanted something else. Things change, desires change. We choose products for a wide variety of reasons.

As far as cars go, there's such a huge choice of good products these days. They're all pretty decent. But let's try not gush too much about our personal choices and claim that everything else is simply "lame." Otherwise we are really just patting ourselves on our back.
Please, 220S, you once again assume too little from me, i.e that I can't see through you. Most of your valueless "returns" here have been to jump into threads where I speak passionately about a.... um.... passion, of mine? Lol.

Remember, you're in the wrong here. *I* wrote a review from my side of the equation, and your assumptions that my opinions of my car are simply "fanboy-ish" as if they have no merit shows that you don't understand me, and that you have a personal bias that makes you feel more comfortable with your own viewpoints, i.e one couldn't be so passionate about something that you don't understand. It's a common character trait and like you feel you can figure me out, I know many who share those same "qualities" as you, so it's easy to dissect.

I don't say that everything else is "lame". Do you even read what I write? I wrote a review from the standpoint of a W212 fan who was thrilled to see how well my car visually stacked up against Lexus' new best attempt, I then waxed poetic about design and adjectives that best describe how said design inspires me, and then I picked apart the driving styles, quite decently I must ad, as best I could.

Why don't you drive a Lexus GS then a W212, and do your own review to counter mine? Or did you just come here to vent some frustration? I thought so.

EDIT: .... Now excuse me, I have to go wash my car that I haven't in over a month and wax it which I haven't in over 4 months. Then maybe I'll go test drive another car so see if it can objectively and subjectively sway me from thinking that I still am driving a car that is the best one for me. Sounds pretty fanboy-ish, eh?

Double Edit: If you actually did know and "get" me as well as you seem to assume (wish?) you do, you'd know that I am probably the biggest critic of the M-B brand. I dislike more of their new products than I like, aesthetically, I don't like their moves downmarket, I don't agree with many of their business decision in regards to protecting the identity of a powerful brand like M-B, and frankly, aside from the E-Class, I don't think there is another M-B I'd buy in its respective segment.... save for an S (too big/about to be replaced) and maybe SLS. Once again, you figured something out, but it ain't me.

Last edited by K-A; 07-23-2012 at 06:40 PM.
Old 07-24-2012, 12:46 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I make a cartoon to express my opinion.
You get hurt and go into a lengthy diatribe.
I reply and spell out my personal opinion.
I then apologize to you since it made you angry.

And so you keep trying to dig deeper by making your own personal "assumptions."

This is a classic case of the pot calling the kettle black.

And yes, you did call the Lexus lame. Explicitly. It's in the above post. In effect, you called every Lexus owner a fool. Indirectly, but it's what you basically did. You also said "And yes, I am always proud when my car aesthetically trounces the competition, and pay enough for it to happily gush when I deem fit." It's a game of who wins in your mind and not about the actual cars themselves. And you know the outcome already. It's really all about you in the end.

You claimed the "Lexus infotainment system is HORRIBLE. I've NEVER used something so needlessly complex and difficult." Then when called out, you conceded: "I didn't have time to learn myself how the system works." That's because it was never your intention to do an actual review outside of your own world.

And in respect to snobbery within the brand, that is what snobbery is all about. In addition, when I jumped in a thread and said snobbery is what turns me off from the brand, it was in response to someone saying that 'how the valets treated them' was an important part of ownership. You jumped in to reply that you aren't snobbish about the brand (even though my post wasn't about you), and yet you had already said this about the BLS and A series Mercedes: "Good news for C-Class owners is, the C-Class soon will not be the "entry/baby Benz anymore." And then you go on about the "premium cachet" of owning your E Class. Then someone else calls you on it and you go to great lengths to say you're not materialistic, etc., etc.. You go into lengthy defensive arguments back tracking all the time and trying to sound good when someone else has a contrary opinion.

And don't hide under the banner of 'enthusiast.' I've been an enthusiast before you were born. I've owned everything from vintage Bug Eye Sprites to a contemporary AMG. I go to Pebble Beach almost every year. My father was in SCCA racing at Lime Rock. Do you know what a 220S is? It was one of my first cars. I used to buy, fix up, and sell cars when I was your age. Triumph Spitfires, Porsche 912s, VW cargo vans, you name it. We are all enthusiasts, so don't think that you're somebody exclusive.

I've contributed my opinions in variety of ways here for many years. If I jump in and disagree with what you say, then that's life. And it's my prerogative. But when anyone comes in and posts something contrary to what you say or think about your car, you tend to have a fit. When somebody complains about the E Class you immediately go into a diatribe about the virtues of your car.

I apologized for making a cartoon about your thread despite that I thought it was funny at the time and assumed you would, too. Again, there's nothing really 'wrong' with being a cheerleader about a brand. And brand identity is a critical part of a corporation's profitability. They want us to feel like part of a club (i.e, their club.)

"Remember, you're in the wrong here. *I* wrote a review from my side of the equation, and your assumptions that my opinions of my car are simply "fanboy-ish" as if they have no merit shows that you don't understand me." No, I'm not in the wrong. I voiced an opinion of your 'review' that you elected to post on an international public forum for everyone to see. My response was that it was a poor 'review' based on a clouded and narrow minded viewpoint. To me, it was fanboy-ish. That is my opinion. And I conceded that making a cartoon response clearly made you upset, and I apologized. But that does not change my opinion about your "comparo/reviews." If you can't take it then stay out of the kitchen. In other words, grow a pair.

Last edited by 220S; 07-24-2012 at 12:51 AM. Reason: can't spell :-)

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Your monthly "K-A Pics/Review Comparo". Today: 2013 Lexus GS350