E-Class (W212) 2010 - 2016: E 350, E 550

Cabin access through firewall

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-23-2012, 11:30 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2012 E550 Coupe
Exclamation Cabin access through firewall

I have an e coupe but figure I can also post here. I'd like to install a laser jammer but do not know how to get the wires into the cabin, is there a place in the firewall i can put the cables into the interior?
Old 08-24-2012, 01:51 AM

Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts
2017 S550 Iridium / Black Nappa, 2015 GL 550 Paladium Silver
The easiest way to get through the firewall is going through the fuse box in the engine compartment. Make sure you run the wires along the side of the box rather than just over the top of the fuse blocks to avoid EMI. Did you go with Laser Interceptors or the new Blinder M905? Would like to see pics of how you mount the sensors when done if you don't mind sharing and remember to reduce speed quickly and kill the system before the LEO realized he is being jammed. You could get pulled over for obstruction if he realizes what you are doing.
Old 08-24-2012, 07:38 AM

2012 E550 Coupe
Originally Posted by Pntblnk
The easiest way to get through the firewall is going through the fuse box in the engine compartment. Make sure you run the wires along the side of the box rather than just over the top of the fuse blocks to avoid EMI. Did you go with Laser Interceptors or the new Blinder M905? Would like to see pics of how you mount the sensors when done if you don't mind sharing and remember to reduce speed quickly and kill the system before the LEO realized he is being jammed. You could get pulled over for obstruction if he realizes what you are doing.

Yes, just managed to pick up the HP-905's for an incredible deal so figured I may as well. Could you post a picture of the fuse box? I have no idea where it is, do I need to take anything out of the box or is there a visible hole? Where does it come out in the car? Will I need to take off interior trim?

Will post pics once done.
Old 08-25-2012, 03:13 AM

Fuse box is on the drivers side of teh engine compartment near the fire wall. I believe there are 4 clamps holding the cover on and you will need to shuffle a couple hoses around to completely remove. There is a small hole at the back that has a foam plug in it.. that's where you push through. i am traveling for the next couple weeks or would post a picture for you. Hope this helps.
Old 08-25-2012, 10:25 AM

2012 E550 Coupe
Fuse box is on the drivers side of teh engine compartment near the fire wall. I believe there are 4 clamps holding the cover on and you will need to shuffle a couple hoses around to completely remove. There is a small hole at the back that has a foam plug in it.. that's where you push through. i am traveling for the next couple weeks or would post a picture for you. Hope this helps.
Great! Where does this come out in the cabin? Do I need to remove trim?
Old 08-25-2012, 06:06 PM

There is a cover panel above the pedal set that comes off with a few screws. Once you have that off lay on your back looking up with hood open / fues box cover off and you will see light coming through.

Once you get them installed I can hook you up with some folks to test alignment / function. Critical to get tested so you can identify your weak spots and adjust the heads.
Old 08-25-2012, 06:29 PM

2012 E550 Coupe
There is a cover panel above the pedal set that comes off with a few screws. Once you have that off lay on your back looking up with hood open / fues box cover off and you will see light coming through.

Once you get them installed I can hook you up with some folks to test alignment / function. Critical to get tested so you can identify your weak spots and adjust the heads.

You're the man! Just took the cover off the fusebox, I see a white square at the back which has foam, should i just take out all the foam, push it to the side or just put a hole in the foam?

Last edited by np888; 08-25-2012 at 06:32 PM.