E-Class (W212) 2010 - 2016: E 350, E 550

Phone Not "Discoverable," Can E350 "Listen" For My Phone?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-26-2012, 09:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2012 E350
Phone Not "Discoverable," Can E350 "Listen" For My Phone?

I have a problem as my new mobile phone is set so it is not "discoverable" using bluetooth. This is a permanent setting as a security precaution required by my U.S. Government agency. (I imagine others here in DC will start having this problem with this new security requirement.)

On my other car my phone searches for the car and connects easily, but I can't get the Mercedes to "listen" for my phone when my phone searches to make the connection. The Mercedes only seems to want to search for the phone, but won't allow the other way around. I've looked for help online, but all the advice starts with "set your phone so it is discoverable," but that's not an option for me.

I can't believe my 2010 Honda minivan has a more robust bluetooth system than the new 2012 E350, but I suspect I'm out of luck. Does anyone know how to make the car "discoverable" instead of the phone?

Thanks for any thoughts about this, including confirming that the car lacks this capacity if this is the case.

It's also something for the Mercedes engineers to think about for future models if it's not possible now.
Old 11-26-2012, 10:53 PM

2012 E350
Never mind. Turns out the instructions in the manual are incorrect, but with enough back and forth you can find the External Authorization function via the Connect Phone/Update, but ignore what the manual says as it doesn't match the structure or naming of the actual software in the car.
Old 11-27-2012, 07:48 AM

2013 E350
It would help those who find this thread later, if you could post some instructions on how you were able to connect your phone.

Thanks in advance.
Old 11-27-2012, 07:56 PM

E 200
Some one please help me. I have the same problem with my Nokia E7 bluetooth and my MB E200 CGI (2010). The phone could not find the MB bluetooth.