E-Class (W212) 2010 - 2016: E 350, E 550

Radio Issue- No Sound Sometimes

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-07-2013, 10:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2010 E550
Originally Posted by Kushp14
Got it back today, dealer fixed according to the service bulletin.
(Kept bt audio) Hopefully this permanently fixes it.

BUMP!

Anyway, I've now inherited this issue, I have a 2010 E550 that I had the software update done to allow Bluetooth audio streaming. For the last week, it has been fine, then today on a quick shut-off/restart (checking my mail) my Sat Radio said device not available and I couldn't get any audio from any device.

The service bulletin that you're talking about is for the battery voltage issue with SAM, correct? That fixed your problems? Has it continued to work since then? Did they touch the software in your Command system?
Old 03-07-2013, 10:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 170 Likes on 131 Posts
Too many german broads
Originally Posted by RyanRice
BUMP!

Anyway, I've now inherited this issue, I have a 2010 E550 that I had the software update done to allow Bluetooth audio streaming. For the last week, it has been fine, then today on a quick shut-off/restart (checking my mail) my Sat Radio said device not available and I couldn't get any audio from any device.

The service bulletin that you're talking about is for the battery voltage issue with SAM, correct? That fixed your problems? Has it continued to work since then? Did they touch the software in your Command system?
Not to sure what specifically they changed to fix it , but I have not had the issue since and I was able to keep the BT Audio so the update remained there.
Old 03-10-2013, 12:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 143 Likes on 102 Posts
2010 E350 Luxury Sedan, Engine 272 (V6)
Had a problem where no sound from any source until I turned audio off and then on one time a month ago. This was after car being off for about two minutes tops.
Dealer could not duplicate and said I had all applicable updates.
They did disconnect the battery to do some other work. Interestingly, my navigation display now shows the name of the street where I am supposed to turn. I don't think it did not do this before.
Anyway, audio is working fine now.
Old 08-19-2016, 12:01 AM

Received 95 Likes on 60 Posts
2012 E350
picking up on this older thread.My car looses audio occasionally. My computer at home, work and my laptop occasionally freezes and needs to be rebooted.

Our audio systems are computers that happen to play music, etc. All computers freeze occasionally. Nature of the beast. My iPhone has tons of glitches as does my son's. My ancient Blaupunkt Frankfurt did not have these issues (geez, I loved that radio- I put it in a '79 Celica, replacing a stock Fujitsu radio).