E-Class (W212) 2010 - 2016: E 350, E 550

Motorola Razr maxx HD and bluetooth

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-21-2013, 01:09 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BMW 335i
Motorola Razr maxx HD and bluetooth

I just upgraded my phone from a HTC thunderbolt to a Motorola Razor maxx HD(GREAT BATTERY LIFE).. When I used the bluetooth via the thunderbolt the pandora played fine. I was able to go to the next track, raise and lower volume through command. On the screen it would show 'track 1+'. It didn't say the title which was fine. Now that I upgraded phones the command plays the music over bluetooth but on the command it says Stream paused. I cant skip tracks raise or lower volume. Any idea's\Fix's?
Old 01-21-2013, 02:20 PM

E350
Just wanted to note that I also have the same phone and the same issues as you. Also I've noticed the quality of the bluetooth stream has become worse than my previous phone, which was a Motorola Photon 4G. (more distortion now)
Old 01-21-2013, 02:43 PM

BMW 335i
The sound for me is not bad. I just wanted to get some feedback from other owners. According to the Android forums the JB update is the culprit for the bluetooth not working correctly. I at first thought it was Pandora but I tried multiple different apps. Slacker radio was the only that worked temporarily.
Old 01-21-2013, 02:50 PM

E350
Ahh I see... I myself was wondering if perhaps there was some sort of incompatability between the bluetooth version of our phones versus that in the car, but I suppose it makes more sense if it's JB. Also, I am using Winamp as my media player and sometimes spotify. haven't tried Pandora in the car yet, but it seems like it is in fact a universal problem with all the apps.

Anyway, as Gastro mentioned, does anyone have any suggestions or possible work arounds, or are we stuck?
Old 01-21-2013, 10:19 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
w212
You could revert to the original ROM (ice cream sandwich) but you'd have to root your phone first.

And who knows if that would actually fix it.

It's funny because I had the same problems with the galaxy s3 on jellybean and my dealer insisted that it was my phone, and that I needed to be sure that I had the latest upgrade from Verizon. Now you're telling me that this is when the problems started.

Anyway there's a few known issues with Bluetooth on this car, check the sticky on the top of the forum to find it. The service center should update it under warranty for you.
Old 01-22-2013, 07:04 PM

w212
Last night I loaded a new ROM on my phone and it must have changed the Bluetooth streaming somehow. Today I was able to go all day driving with no interruptions in my streaming. It still doesn't have the track info or anything on the display, but at this point I'm just happy it works. Just thought I'd offer this up as a potential solution, it worked for me. Xda developers is the site that I use to find root access instructions and download new ROMs.
Old 01-24-2013, 02:26 PM

BMW 335i
Originally Posted by aeroconfigs
Last night I loaded a new ROM on my phone and it must have changed the Bluetooth streaming somehow. Today I was able to go all day driving with no interruptions in my streaming. It still doesn't have the track info or anything on the display, but at this point I'm just happy it works. Just thought I'd offer this up as a potential solution, it worked for me. Xda developers is the site that I use to find root access instructions and download new ROMs.
I am rooted now on jellybean . What ROM did you install? I only found one and it seemed sluggish, I think it was called frozen.
Old 01-24-2013, 05:24 PM

w212
I have galaxy s3 so the ROM selection might be different, but the one I put on was called jellybeans by beanstown. I usually end up trying a few different ones before settling. The Google account backup and restore has made it a lot easier to flash new ROMs nowadays.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/forumdisplay.php?f=1865
Did you check this forum? A lot of choices there including going back to ICS

Last edited by aeroconfigs; 01-24-2013 at 05:56 PM.
Old 01-24-2013, 08:02 PM

2013 E350 Sport 4Matic
Originally Posted by Gastro611
I just upgraded my phone from a HTC thunderbolt to a Motorola Razor maxx HD(GREAT BATTERY LIFE).. When I used the bluetooth via the thunderbolt the pandora played fine. I was able to go to the next track, raise and lower volume through command. On the screen it would show 'track 1+'. It didn't say the title which was fine. Now that I upgraded phones the command plays the music over bluetooth but on the command it says Stream paused. I cant skip tracks raise or lower volume. Any idea's\Fix's?
Make sure you have the latest software update in the car... I got mine and they didnt do it at dealer or at service until I found it on the board here, printed it out, and made them do it. It takes like 2 hrs for the car to load the new software. Be sure to delete your old pairing...re-sync...turn car off.. turn car on... then it should work.

It was ray catena of edison that blew off doing my software update until i came in with the paper. They also didnt know you had to delete pairing, re-sync, and do the car on/off thing... i figured that out myself.

youll find update in bulletins thread posted by konigstiger

Last edited by todd's benz; 01-24-2013 at 08:05 PM.
Old 04-29-2013, 04:09 PM

bmw
where is the sticky and can you post it please?