Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-13-2013, 02:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2011 E550 4Matic, 2002 M3 Vert
Anyone here work for MB?

I could use a huge favor!!

Keeping things short, I was delivered a 2013 ML63 with options I didn't order. My dealer isn't cooperating and my hope is someone could check the MB order system to see if my order was changed at any point. My suspicion is it was altered at a later date but I have no way of proving it.

My apologies for the off topic thread but this forum is active compared to the others. Many many thanks in advance!
Old 02-13-2013, 03:28 PM
MBWorld God!

Received 3,412 Likes on 2,854 Posts
2012 CLS63
that's odd....
not cooperating as in the price is higher because of the extra options?
that is strange.........
so you have taken the beast home?
Old 02-13-2013, 03:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Unfortunately yes on both accounts. My parents completed the delivery and when they asked about the extras the sales lady lied and said that stuff is standard and that it has to be there. I told them over the phone to refuse delivery but they chose not to because unfortunately they believed the sales lady. Gloria. Oddly, she was no longer with the dealer the next day!
Old 02-13-2013, 04:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
w212 E550
Originally Posted by SolidGranite
Gloria. Oddly, she was no longer with the dealer the next day!
well, that doesn't sound too odd after all and even the dealer is willing to help but they have no proof. very likely that she did it in purpose .
Old 02-13-2013, 04:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

w212 E550
btw, i think there is a member works for mb but in canada.
Old 02-13-2013, 05:17 PM
MBWorld God!

2012 CLS63
I guess they reserved the right to make changes without notification
Old 02-13-2013, 07:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 206 Likes on 132 Posts
...21 GLE53 24 GLE53
This is not right. You must have a sales agreement specifying the options that you ordered and the agreed price. Your parents cannot speak for you unless you are a minor and any agreement by them on your behalf is not legal. You are the purchaser and only you can agree to changes.

The dealer can absorb the cost of the options not ordered or supply you with the vehicle that you did order.
Old 02-14-2013, 12:19 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 923 Likes on 656 Posts
2010 E550, 273 Engine: 2012 S550, 278 Engine
I could use a huge favor!!

Keeping things short, I was delivered a 2013 ML63 with options I didn't order. My dealer isn't cooperating and my hope is someone could check the MB order system to see if my order was changed at any point. My suspicion is it was altered at a later date but I have no way of proving it.

My apologies for the off topic thread but this forum is active compared to the others. Many many thanks in advance!

If the car came with more options than you paid for why are you complaining?

If the car was delivered with less options than you paid for then you have the right to refuse the car. The dealer cannot just give you money for the missing options/features unless you agree.

What is the real issue here???
Old 02-14-2013, 06:23 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 635 Likes on 478 Posts
W212 FL
Odd thing , I was browsing MB cars yesterday and came across many ML63s and very enjoyed them

Actually, you should have seen a list of options that came with the car prior to committing to buy the car or before placing a deposit .
This is exactly what petee put on in his post and I followed that route as well .
To avert such a "disaster" I talked to sales representatives and stressed on what I would like have the most and what not .
For ins: I said I didn't need Drive Assistant Package, Multi Contour Seats, folding doors , Thermotronic etc
Alas, I would like to have them all but price could sky rocket
Well, I think you should look at filled up side of the tank , as long as either colors are right ,just enjoy it but it's worth talking to dealer . What's strange to me is they showed the door to her
She might mess things up , I guess

Take a Martini to celebrate your SUV and enjoy your beast
Old 02-14-2013, 10:33 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Thanks guys.

Yes, the car was delivered to perfection with the exception of these running boards and a chrome accessory package.

What is making this so difficult for me to swallow is I paid $900 for this crap I did not want.

The running boards are no charge. However, they added in this ugly illumination kit for $650. In addition to that they also added in the chrome accessory package for another $250 which I think is beyond ugly especially on an AMG variant.

When I placed the order everything was in place but for whatever reason it showed up with the extras.

As it stands my dealer has finally agreed to put the sills on but we're still going back and forth about the $900. We'll see what happens!
Old 02-14-2013, 12:00 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
2012 E350
My friend had the same thing happen to him at a Porsche dealership. The sales person (a woman sorry), ordered the Panny turbo S and after over half a year of waiting, the car came out totally different from what my friend wanted. He complained to the dealer and refused delivery. The reason why he didn't want it was mainly because of the colour. With the colour combo(I forgot what) that the car have, nobody would want the car. This resulted in the sales person getting fired for messing up such a huge order, and the dealership having to order the new car and try and calm my friend down with gifts. The car is still unsold the last time we checked and this was a little over a year ago.

But honestly, as much as I think what the MB dealer did was wrong, it was $900 more than what you paid for on a 100k+ car.. But I guess if it means that much to you then I totally support you standing for yourself, because I know a lot of people won't and that is why some dealerships are so arrogant like this. Show them what you got!
Old 02-14-2013, 12:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I completely agree. In the grand scheme what is $900 when purchasing something over 100k?? Not much.

But like you said the dealers are such arrogant jerks most of the time that my blood boils knowing they got away with my money. I offered to exchange the $900 in crap I do not want for something else but they're balking at that suggestion. Thought it may be easier for them to do versus giving me a check.
Old 02-14-2013, 05:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

w212 E550
i'm not saying you shouldn't ask for $900 back especially it's not even 1% of the car price but i think your dealer will probably throw in some service coupons or whatnot instead of refund you that amount.
Old 02-14-2013, 08:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
MY17 E43 Matte Selenite/Macchiato Beige, MY16 GLE350d Tenorite/Crystal Grey, MY17 B250
However, they added in this ugly illumination kit for $650. In addition to that they also added in the chrome accessory package for another $250 which I think is beyond ugly especially on an AMG variant.
Those sound like port installed options (not factory installed).
Old 02-14-2013, 08:35 PM
MBWorld God!

2012 CLS63
Originally Posted by alanme123
My friend had the same thing happen to him at a Porsche dealership. The sales person (a woman sorry), ordered the Panny turbo S and after over half a year of waiting, the car came out totally different from what my friend wanted. He complained to the dealer and refused delivery. The reason why he didn't want it was mainly because of the colour. With the colour combo(I forgot what) that the car have, nobody would want the car. This resulted in the sales person getting fired for messing up such a huge order, and the dealership having to order the new car and try and calm my friend down with gifts. The car is still unsold the last time we checked and this was a little over a year ago.

But honestly, as much as I think what the MB dealer did was wrong, it was $900 more than what you paid for on a 100k+ car.. But I guess if it means that much to you then I totally support you standing for yourself, because I know a lot of people won't and that is why some dealerships are so arrogant like this. Show them what you got!
wow, good story......
good to know some people ARE held accountable for their screw-ups...
Old 02-15-2013, 05:28 AM
K-A
Out Of Control!!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts
Porsche Macan S SportDesign / Ex M-B's: 11 & 10 & 06 E350's, 02 S500
Originally Posted by BM2BZ
i'm not saying you shouldn't ask for $900 back especially it's not even 1% of the car price but i think your dealer will probably throw in some service coupons or whatnot instead of refund you that amount.
Hey man, in todays world that's like 2 years of good interest earned from a CD!

That's ridiculous that they're trying to force you to pay for something you didn't order. Obviously they're being a$$holes about it and thinking short-term because you guys took the car already (I'll bet they would have immediately waived it if not), but if nothing else, call MBUSA about it (not sure if you already have).
Old 02-15-2013, 10:41 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

YYZ-E55: That's what I thought! I should mention this to them..

K-A: Yes, I have an open case about it with MBUSA. Hoping to hear something back about it today.
Old 02-19-2013, 10:36 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by YYZ-E55
Those sound like port installed options (not factory installed).
That's what I thought too but those options are on my window sticker from the factory. Can they reprint those??

I've had a very kind member run my VIN but the report doesn't say what exactly was changed but it does appear as if "something" was after I ordered.
Old 03-01-2013, 12:04 AM

Received 22 Likes on 9 Posts
2020 AMG GTR
ok just to take a different tone, I'll say I really doubt the salesperson intentionally added 900 dollars worth of stick ons. she might have gotten paid an extra 50 bucks....you would have to be out of your mind to potentially sour a 100k deal over that....so logically I can't think that.

not to mention a salesperson can't even order a car, much less make changes to it. that is a sales manager function.....food for thought there.

unless you have signed proof of what you ordered then I can see why they are giving you a hard time....however, it's really not saying much for their customer service skills.

every order I place has signed copies of everything from the build to the deposit, receipts, etc.
Old 03-02-2013, 11:48 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Higgs Boson
ok just to take a different tone, I'll say I really doubt the salesperson intentionally added 900 dollars worth of stick ons. she might have gotten paid an extra 50 bucks....you would have to be out of your mind to potentially sour a 100k deal over that....so logically I can't think that.

not to mention a salesperson can't even order a car, much less make changes to it. that is a sales manager function.....food for thought there.

unless you have signed proof of what you ordered then I can see why they are giving you a hard time....however, it's really not saying much for their customer service skills.

every order I place has signed copies of everything from the build to the deposit, receipts, etc.
Most definitely quite possible here and the next time I will be sure to get those signed copies. What's perplexing is I ordered the car with my sales lady on the computer and there is not a doubt a doubt in my mind these silly accessories did not exist in the order. Lesson to be learned I guess as this was my first car ever ordered versus picking out of existing inventory. Bad assumption on my part to think they would give me exactly what I ordered.
Old 03-02-2013, 02:51 PM
MBWorld God!

2012 CLS63
haha, at least you have an AMG, and the other people don't
Old 03-05-2013, 07:35 AM

Received 22 Likes on 9 Posts
2020 AMG GTR
Most definitely quite possible here and the next time I will be sure to get those signed copies. What's perplexing is I ordered the car with my sales lady on the computer and there is not a doubt a doubt in my mind these silly accessories did not exist in the order. Lesson to be learned I guess as this was my first car ever ordered versus picking out of existing inventory. Bad assumption on my part to think they would give me exactly what I ordered.
you are right, they should have given you what you ordered.

what you did with the sales person was configure a car, she gave the config to the manager, and he ordered it. he has to reinput the specs.