E-Class (W212) 2010 - 2016: E 350, E 550

Warning! Do not deal with "Luxury Haus" in New Jersey.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-28-2013, 03:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 408 Likes on 336 Posts
MB’s
Exclamation Warning! Do not deal with "Luxury Haus" in New Jersey.

I was looking at a 2011 E550 4Matic that JUST came in. When calling to ask about it I was dealing with a women named Debra who was very nice. I needed some information on the carfax that they failed to provide for me and I had to go do it myself. Strike one. Now it looks clean on paper and in the pics as well. I call up to come to a deal on the price. The price she told me on the phone the first time was about $5,000 different then what the salesmen Herman told me. Strike two. He started off by saying that everything on the car from floor mats to wheels and alos the rear trunk spoiler where a "upgrade" so we need to add that to the sticker price too. Then he tells me "Unless you want to pay this price we have nothing to talk about" I was shocked to hear this as well. I felt like I was not wanted there. I told him this would be a cash deal and no trade in. His reply was "I do not care what you choose to do with your old car. The price must go up because we have high standards on our cars and there are lots of "extras" on this. I was very upset and while keeping my cool I simply said "Sir I am very sorry we cannot make a deal and have a great day"

What kind of BS are they trying to pull? I was very upset and I felt that they try to degrade you and your car. I would stay away from them. I am sorry if I offended anyone with a connection to them.

~George.
Old 02-28-2013, 03:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2010 E550
Sounds like someone doesn't need business!
Old 02-28-2013, 04:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
w212 E550
Originally Posted by C280 Sport
I was very upset and I felt that they try to degrade you and your car.
sorry to hear your story but if you really want that car, you should call debra and tell her the whole story. i'm quite sure she'll come up with a better number and much better attitude as they don't want a customer gets screwed twice on a sale. they can screw you later anyway if you are planning to do all the services there. if debra can't help you, talk to the gm. no matter you are getting the car or not, at least tell him/her what kind of "service" you've received from herman. i'm pretty sure he'll call and apologize after you talked to his boss.

as far as degrade your car, that's a normal daily routine in pretty much every single car dealer . they'll tell you every single cpo on their lot has the best condition and price. yours is the worst car in the world to find a potential buyer. it happened to me once when i was in a bmw dealer. i was there with my blue and beige 5er and wanted to get a grey and black one. the salesperson didn't see my car and he took me to test drive another blue and beige. love the car and ride. he told me that color combo is the hottest thing on earth and it could be mine if i like it. drove back to the dealer after 10 minutes or so. he asked me what do i drive. i pointed to my car and you know what he said? he said, "ouch! that will be hard to sell. no one wants that color combo." can you believe it ? well, i didn't trade in mine and i ended up order a black and grey from him anyway .
Old 02-28-2013, 04:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
2018 BMW 540d
Sounds like business there is absolutely stellar.Their client base is probably local sports stars...lots of multimillionaires on the Yankees,Giants,Jets,Knicks and Nets.Probably not many on the Mets though.
Old 02-28-2013, 04:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

MB’s
Originally Posted by BM2BZ
sorry to hear your story but if you really want that car, you should call debra and tell her the whole story. i'm quite sure she'll come up with a better number and much better attitude as they don't want a customer gets screwed twice on a sale. they can screw you later anyway if you are planning to do all the services there. if debra can't help you, talk to the gm. no matter you are getting the car or not, at least tell him/her what kind of "service" you've received from herman. i'm pretty sure he'll call and apologize after you talked to his boss.

as far as degrade your car, that's a normal daily routine in pretty much every single car dealer . they'll tell you every single cpo on their lot has the best condition and price. yours is the worst car in the world to find a potential buyer. it happened to me once when i was in a bmw dealer. i was there with my blue and beige 5er and wanted to get a grey and black one. the salesperson didn't see my car and he took me to test drive another blue and beige. love the car and ride. he told me that color combo is the hottest thing on earth and it could be mine if i like it. drove back to the dealer after 10 minutes or so. he asked me what do i drive. i pointed to my car and you know what he said? he said, "ouch! that will be hard to sell. no one wants that color combo." can you believe it ? well, i didn't trade in mine and i ended up order a black and grey from him anyway .
Ouch!Lots of nerve to tell you "No one wants that color combo" Well that is just awful to hear from a salesmen! To be honest I do not think I would even want to do buisness with them just because she made no attempt to help with the carfax as well. I have never herd of a dealer pretty much refusing to show me the carfax report and provided nothing and I had to pay the $49.00 or whatever it was but thats no big deal the $49. It was the fact that I had to keep chasing them for answers. I even had a $500 hold on this car(Fully refundable) thank God. My search continues once again.
Old 02-28-2013, 04:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

MB’s
Originally Posted by listerone
Sounds like business there is absolutely stellar.Their client base is probably local sports stars...lots of multimillionaires on the Yankees,Giants,Jets,Knicks and Nets.Probably not many on the Mets though.
What bothers me is that as a buisness owner myself I would NEVER treat a customer that way or speak to them in that tone of voice. I dont care if they spend $100 or $100,000. A customer is a customer and everyones money is green. I have done car deals with Mercedes, Porsche, Infiniti, Maserati right down to Dodge, Nissan, Ford and GM dealers and I honestly do not ever remember being treated that way at any dealer before.
Old 02-28-2013, 04:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

w212 E550
Ouch!Lots of nerve to tell you "No one wants that color combo" Well that is just awful to hear from a salesmen! To be honest I do not think I would even want to do buisness with them just because she made no attempt to help with the carfax as well. I have never herd of a dealer pretty much refusing to show me the carfax report and provided nothing and I had to pay the $49.00 or whatever it was but thats no big deal the $49. It was the fact that I had to keep chasing them for answers. I even had a $500 hold on this car(Fully refundable) thank God. My search continues once again.
i understand why you don't want to give them any business but at least let the gm know how terrible his/her people are. those people need a good lesson every now and then. you never know. you might get a great deal from him/her personally just to compensate the time and $49 that you spent .
Old 02-28-2013, 04:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

w212 E550
What bothers me is that as a buisness owner myself I would NEVER treat a customer that way or speak to them in that tone of voice. I dont care if they spend $100 or $100,000. A customer is a customer and everyones money is green. I have done car deals with Mercedes, Porsche, Infiniti, Maserati right down to Dodge, Nissan, Ford and GM dealers and I honestly do not ever remember being treated that way at any dealer before.
+1. customer service is and should be always the top priority, especially in retail industry. both my wife and i used to buy a lot of stuff from a very nice sales lady in a higher end shop. we followed her when she switched to another location. do we need all those stuff? not at all ! are they expensive? to most of you guys, no. to me, hell, yes ! we finally stopped until one day we found out she's no longer with that company. we wanted to make some purchases again but the people are craps ! we changed to another brand and never look back .
Old 02-28-2013, 05:30 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Mercedes e350 BlueTec
I would call the GM...not the sales manager. Reason is that the sales manager may condone that sort of salesmanship...."strike now, who cares about building any rapport". The GM may or may not care about your treatment, but it will stick in his mind when the sales manager falls on his face making his numbers. Oh...and don't deal with them, irrespective of what happens...because if that's an accepted attitude in the showroom, you can count on finding a similar attitude in service.
Old 02-28-2013, 08:32 PM
MBWorld God!

Received 3,353 Likes on 2,807 Posts
2012 CLS63
unbelievable.........but then again......that is NJ

no left turns, can't pump your own gas, have to buy beer in a supermarket.........need I go on?

and they call it the garden state........
Old 02-28-2013, 09:21 PM

bmw
i'm pretty sure he'll call and apologize after you talked to his boss.
Old 03-01-2013, 05:39 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 576 Likes on 431 Posts
W212 FL
Your story reminded me of something I recently read on the forums . One of forum members had a poor experience with a lady sales manager who bought an ML 63 with some accessories that he didn't order with
Well, customer satisfaction should be top priority to dealers

Last edited by BenzV12; 03-01-2013 at 05:44 AM.
Old 03-01-2013, 07:30 AM
MBWorld God!

Received 3,353 Likes on 2,807 Posts
2012 CLS63
Originally Posted by BenzV12
Your story reminded me of something I recently read on the forums . One of forum members had a poor experience with a lady sales manager who bought an ML 63 with some accessories that he didn't order with
Well, customer satisfaction should be top priority to dealers
I think you're confused sir
Old 03-01-2013, 08:30 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

14' CLS550
I'm trying to understand this.. did you see the car in person? Or this all happened over the phone? Al tho he shouldnt have talked to you that way, maybe he didnt take you serious at all since you were trying to make a deal over the phone.
Old 03-01-2013, 09:08 AM
Gsc

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
2014 S550, 2014 Porsche Turbo S, 2013 Bentley GT Speed W12
Terrible service..
Old 03-01-2013, 11:02 AM

c124 124.051
send the boss a link to this thread and let him see what a good job herman did...
Old 03-01-2013, 11:07 AM

2013 CTS-V, 2017 Audi Q7 / Past MB's: 2011 ML350 & 2012 ML350
Originally Posted by ghstudio
I would call the GM...not the sales manager. Reason is that the sales manager may condone that sort of salesmanship...."strike now, who cares about building any rapport". The GM may or may not care about your treatment, but it will stick in his mind when the sales manager falls on his face making his numbers. Oh...and don't deal with them, irrespective of what happens...because if that's an accepted attitude in the showroom, you can count on finding a similar attitude in service.

If you contact the sales manager it is very possible that it gets swept under the rug because the sales manager may side with his sales person.

I agree, call or email the GM, he or she is the person ultimately responsible for the dealership from sales to service. If the crap hits the fan with anything it is usually the GM that is contacted.

If you contact the GM usually he or she will turn up the heat on the sales manager, who in turn will be pissed at the sales person for acting as he did, especially if the sales manager gets his a$$ chewed out by GM.
Old 03-01-2013, 12:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

MB’s
Originally Posted by bigigg
I'm trying to understand this.. did you see the car in person? Or this all happened over the phone? Al tho he shouldnt have talked to you that way, maybe he didnt take you serious at all since you were trying to make a deal over the phone.
Thank you for all the replys. I have made the choice to just walk away and keep looking

I did not see the car in person. I saw all the pics the dealer sent me. I pulled a carfax and other sources on its records, gathered all my information needed, called whre it was serviced before. I was ready to put a hold on it for however much they wanted right there and then come down the next day to buy the car with no questions asked assuming we could come to a deal of some sort either with a trade or without a trade. I was ready to deal and 100% ready to buy.
Old 03-01-2013, 12:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

MB’s
Originally Posted by Gsc
Terrible service..
Very much so!
Old 03-01-2013, 12:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

MB’s
Originally Posted by hyperion667
unbelievable.........but then again......that is NJ

no left turns, can't pump your own gas, have to buy beer in a supermarket.........need I go on?

and they call it the garden state........
I also did not know it was a NJ law you cannot be open on a Sunday? Thats what they also told me over the phone when asked them if I could pick the car up this weekend or have it shipped up.
Old 03-01-2013, 12:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

MB’s
Originally Posted by bgqkeneg
i'm pretty sure he'll call and apologize after you talked to his boss.
I really do not know to be honest with you. I just asume its not worth the hassle. I was also thinking end of the month it was so they must really want to make some good numbers and be ready to deal. I guess I was wrong...
Old 11-24-2013, 03:22 PM
Banned

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
2014 S550
Wow this is horrible.
Old 11-24-2013, 04:00 PM

2011 E350 Arctic White
C280 - it is a buyer's market, not a seller's market.

The inventory is there - the product you want is there - they need to find YOU.

Do yourself a favor - walk away and don't look back. I dealt with a dealer who had a high and mighty attitude similar to your experience. I turned away and found myself something much more favorable.

The psychology is that you wont find another - but it is a buyer's market - they want your money - and there are a lot of dealers out there who will do what they must to get you what you want to get your dollars.

Every day that passes by - that item you seek continues to lose value - the more value it loses the more money they lose.

It is - a buyer's market.
Old 11-25-2013, 12:48 AM

Received 18 Likes on 9 Posts
2014 E350 Wagon
Let me get this straight: you talked with a sales person who told you a price but didn't provide you with a Carfax report so you took time, got the Carfax yourself then called back and talked to a different sales person and he gave you a different price? Uhm, OK... I can see how upsetting that can be... Go have a cookie...