E-Class (W212) 2010 - 2016: E 350, E 550

Dealer A or B maint

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-08-2013, 01:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2011 e350 luxury 4matic
Dealer A or B maint

I have a 100k extended warranty on my 2011 e and until now, have taken the car to mb for all a/b warranty service. Am i in jeopardy of jepordizing my warranty if i take car to my local european shop to perform the a/b maint, i would get documentation that the work was performed. they have computer to reset any codes. i just had my car state inspected at mb dealer, there were no warranty issues.

thank you
Old 04-08-2013, 02:52 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4,446 Likes on 3,154 Posts
'71 Pinto
Originally Posted by jures
Am i in jeopardy of jepordizing my warranty if i take car to my local european shop to perform the a/b maint
No as long as it is documented.
Old 04-10-2013, 03:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 145 Likes on 103 Posts
2010 E350 Luxury Sedan, Engine 272 (V6)
"Failure to have the vehicle maintained in accordance with the Maintenance Booklet and maintenance service indicator... will result in vehicle damage not covered by the Mercedes-Benz Limited Warranty." 2010 Operator's Manual, page 258.
Not sure where, but also read that service must be accomplished to Mercedes-Benz Service Center standards and use of non-MB approved parts may adversely affect vehicle.
As Konigstiger says, make sure you document it throughly and that they do everything listed in Maintenance Booklet.
Legally, MBUSA has to cover warranty if work done by owner or qualified technician, but will it give them a reason to question covering something?
Manual also brings up several notes re: the various computer interfaces and how important it is they be maintained to M-B standards.
Read Operator's Manual, Maintenance Booklet and your extended warranty carefully.