E-Class (W212) 2010 - 2016: E 350, E 550

Got a chance to see the 2014's at a dealership!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-21-2013, 06:41 PM
Wig

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
W213, C238
Originally Posted by K-A
Agreed, WIG. The rear is taxi cab bland, IMO. Gonna go look at some today. Maybe it'll make sense to me in person. I'd like to see one side by side with the pre facelift if possible.
K-A. How's the F10? I don't want to start another 'let's all attack K-A for talking about a BMW' debate - just interested in the good and bad of the F10 now you've had it a while. Tempted to come back to MB?
Old 04-21-2013, 06:59 PM
K-A
Out Of Control!!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts
Porsche Macan S SportDesign / Ex M-B's: 11 & 10 & 06 E350's, 02 S500
Hey Wig. I still really love it and still just not loving MBs new product direction. I'll pm you some updated thoughts when I get a sec to not start anything, heh.
Old 04-21-2013, 07:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
93 300CE Cabriolet, 13 E350 Sport Wagon
Phew!

I took a look through the pics and I am still not sure about the snorting nostrils of the new design for the sport wagon. But, I recognize this as the future styling of a bunch of euro cars so that's that.

I was relieved for a few reasons on the MBUSA site to learn that they did not up the power of the 3.5 motor in the wagon for 14. That had me nervous. I did read that there are three colors to choose from for the ambient lighting, Polar, Solar and neutral. I imagine what most of us have is the Solar color. No biggie. I do think the lighted grill star is going to look awesome on the road. Didn't see a multi-contour passenger seat option, which still baffles me.

One update I do really wish we can have is the trace outlines that show your positioning and steering with the reverse cam. I got used to those in the Audi loaners we had.

Anyway, I am sure the folks who get into the 2014 are going to be pleased with this version of E350 W212.
Old 04-21-2013, 07:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 188 Likes on 118 Posts
...21 GLE53 24 GLE53
Originally Posted by K-A
Thanks for the pics. Interior materials are the same as the pre-facelift? And are they really using reflector bulbs on such an expensive car? That would be ridiculous. I just can't get over how haphazard the design is now. No cohesion between the entirely new front language and comparatively boxy, rigidly angular now-starkly older language of the rest of the car. Pre facelift at least comparatively caries one language.

Are these at dealers yet? Wanna really check one out for myself.
What a surprise that you don't like the facelift MB!!!
Old 04-21-2013, 09:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 25 Likes on 25 Posts
S350 BT 4MATIC
Originally Posted by Wig
The rear shot of the white car looks very bland. Much prefer the pre-FL rear lights. The front is also disappointing on both models. I don't like the protruding 'nose' effect from the side.

I guess I'll have to see them in the flesh to really judge. I'll probably change my mind (as will K-A).

Tempted to get a leftover 2013. If only we could get these 20% off deals. We'd never get that in Canada.
20% off, maybe the original MSRP, but when they are CPO, I have been trying to get 10% off of their listed price and that is tough.