Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-18-2023, 06:42 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4,400 Likes on 2,579 Posts
2014 - W212.065 - E400 ( M276.820, 3 liter Turbo) RWD not Hybrid
Originally Posted by jerellorenzo
12.5 on the battery 11.7 on the Xentry
BUT - i'm new to Xentry, i discovered the "test" button - and in doing so it said "right" side - and right = passenger side ( i'm 44 years old, been working on cars since 14 until this year I NEVER heard ANYONE refer to a vehicle's orientation by left and right.)
12.5 on the battery 11.7 on the Xentry
Do not use Xentry voltage information which is the top right one, like below :

If you need to get voltage information, get the one from ECM or Front SAM or Rear SAM which is the accurate one.
The one Xentry showing at the top is a loaded voltage of the C4 multiplexer including its long tiny wire resistance, it will be always lower than actual battery voltage by 0.5 to 0.7V

i'm new to Xentry, i discovered the "test" button - and in doing so it said "right" side - and right = passenger side ( i'm 44 years old, been working on cars since 14 until this year I NEVER heard ANYONE refer to a vehicle's orientation by left and right.
You lack of international motoring nomenclature experience, MB sell worldwide to RHD and LHD countries. So the term passenger side or diver side is only when one thinking is too domestic
The correct term is RIGHT and LEFT because each MB is wired different too for LHD or RHD. No matter where you go in the world, right side is RIGHT SIDE, but not always a passenger side
This is why in marine speak we call PORT side and STARBOARD side, that is international for LEFT and RIGHT side of a boat/ship.

Last edited by S-Prihadi; 09-18-2023 at 06:44 AM. Reason: typo
Old 09-18-2023, 12:39 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2012 Mercedes Benz CLS550
Originally Posted by S-Prihadi
MB sell worldwide
HA! Face palm moment right there. Thank you for connecting those dots for me there. I watch Top Gear near daily, I should've realized what I was typing at some point, but I didn't.
Voltage also makes sense. I straight up changed all the stuff on the wrong side. Now i'm nervous that addressing the actual issue may not fix it - because fixing the wrong things didn't.
Tracks out though. Thanks for being kind in your delivery - I deserve abused on this one. Hilarious. Thanks again!