Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-26-2013 | 11:34 AM
K-A
Out Of Control!!

Porsche Macan S SportDesign / Ex M-B's: 11 & 10 & 06 E350's, 02 S500
Originally Posted by YYZ-E55
So why are you still here?!
Why not? I just don't want to associate myself with that demographic (you know, "that demographic" has taken up this much of this section, case in point this thread) as so many great contributers of this forum have disappeared. Doesn't mean I don't enjoy engaging in a circle jerk whenever my boys Pete, Steel and Brau are looking to vent their life's frustrations. It's like a civil service.

Edit:

And believe it or not, yesterday having to pull a 24 work day, lots of driving, lots of moving and lots of having to keep myself alert and unable to doze off, this thread came in handy in keeping me with things to do and reasons to keep my brain somehow spinning.

Last edited by K-A; 08-26-2013 at 01:02 PM.
Old 08-26-2013 | 11:40 AM
K-A
Out Of Control!!

The funniest part is that on an active forum section guys like me with a contrarian perception to the cars at hand are plentiful and get lost in the shuffle. On the BMW board there are 100's of "me's" expressing unhappiness with how the brand that they do or did share an enthusiasm and passion for is progressing. Don't even start with the Porsche or Vette boards, or pretty much ANY brand that generates passion (i.e passion equals passionate debate from both sides).

However, here, I barely even comment any more, in the grand scheme of things. The difference is, there's nothing going on, so every post I make stands out, gets obsessed about, gets ripped to shreds by those who frustratedly can't answer to my direct criticisms, therefore instead resort to unintelligent, low-brow, "lost the argument" personal insults.

It's not my fault the action is so sparse and there isn't enough positively charged emotion to swallow up my own occasional criticisms here. It's called challenging debate, something that went missing here quite some time ago.
Old 08-26-2013 | 12:31 PM

2013 E350 Sedan
If you go to the Tundra forum, everyone is like K-A.
Old 08-26-2013 | 12:34 PM
K-A
Out Of Control!!

Originally Posted by aprevo15
If you go to the Tundra forum, everyone is like K-A.
See.

K-A's are prevalent in every forum, I'm like "Mr. Smith". K-A's are necessary, add to what is usually lively discussion which benefits members looking for some E-entertaiment to match information, and also benefits forums themselves as it emphasizes participation.

However, this place is so damn crotchety, clinical, cynical these days, matched with seemingly members who can't find ways to argue merits of their cars instead resorting to insults, that Mr. Smith all of a sudden BECOMES the topic.
Old 08-26-2013 | 01:41 PM

'19 MBZ E450 Wagon, '19 BMW 530e

Old 08-26-2013 | 01:50 PM
MBWorld God!

2012 CLS63
Originally Posted by instantfob

Old 08-26-2013 | 10:36 PM

asdas
Originally Posted by hyperion667
Haha, sorry chief, can't help myself...if you keep prodding, he just delivers more and more.
Old 08-26-2013 | 10:48 PM
K-A
Out Of Control!!

Brauhy! I missed ya!
Old 08-26-2013 | 11:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2010 E550, 273 Engine: 2012 S550, 278 Engine
Originally Posted by brauhaus313
Riiiight, and you're an intellectual huh? Nobody can comprehend you. Hahahahaha.

I know you're impressed with yourself, been saying it all along. Too bad you're so alone.
When was the last time you posted something in this forum that actually helped someone with an issue with these cars? You strongly attack K-A but based on the amount of posts you possibly cannot have been reading enough posts he has written to know enough about him. I find it very low from you to do so. Makes me feel you just join some other members for the sake of writing something when you have no real topics to write about.

There are some other posters with long history with K-A who might have more "right" to not like him based on something in the past but I don't remember any of them posting negative comments like this before he went with the BMW.

I see it as a very high quality in him still to hang around in W212 forum and I have not seen one post from him that would say our cars are really worse than what he currently drives. Of course he has to be explaining his choice that for a lot of it is his opinions.

Facts are that matter and unless you and other "experts" run him off I wait to see K-A report about the issues with the new ride he has, like when it stalled once if I remember correctly, and I welcome him back to Mercedes Benz after he gets enough "treatment" from the Bimmer.
Old 08-26-2013 | 11:53 PM
K-A
Out Of Control!!

Originally Posted by Arrie
When was the last time you posted something in this forum that actually helped someone with an issue with these cars? You strongly attack K-A but based on the amount of posts you possibly cannot have been reading enough posts he has written to know enough about him. I find it very low from you to do so. Makes me feel you just join some other members for the sake of writing something when you have no real topics to write about.

There are some other posters with long history with K-A who might have more "right" to not like him based on something in the past but I don't remember any of them posting negative comments like this before he went with the BMW.

I see it as a very high quality in him still to hang around in W212 forum and I have not seen one post from him that would say our cars are really worse than what he currently drives. Of course he has to be explaining his choice that for a lot of it is his opinions.

Facts are that matter and unless you and other "experts" run him off I wait to see K-A report about the issues with the new ride he has, like when it stalled once if I remember correctly, and I welcome him back to Mercedes Benz after he gets enough "treatment" from the Bimmer.
Wow, what a great and intelligent, well mannered post. I salute and thank you, sir! You've been a valued member here for some time where we've learned a ton about our cars whilst having some entertaining topics, and it's posts like this that remind me of the W212 forum of yonder.

Indeed, my "Auto Start/Stop" stalled out on me twice now, my rear door popped open (not fully open, like into the "half click" area) on the highway once (presumedly attributed to teething issues when it was brand new.... hopefully), and my HUD display once became all corrupted (turning it off then on fixed it right away), not to mention my entire iDrive rebooted itself once while in traffic (froze then rebooted).

So I appreciate you actually READING into my posts rather than like some others here, knee-jerkedly reacting to my sentiment or current preferences. It's not all peaches and I certainly can say quite a bit of what I like or don't like about anything I drive.
Old 08-27-2013 | 12:22 AM

asdas
Originally Posted by Arrie

Hahaha, I can gather almost as little from your post as I can from K-A's. It's even funnier how he thinks what you say is intelligent. I've got no gripes with you buddy...love it or hate it.
Old 08-27-2013 | 12:25 AM
K-A
Out Of Control!!

Originally Posted by brauhaus313
Hahaha, I can gather almost as little from your post as I can from K-A's. It's even funnier how he thinks what you say is intelligent. I've got no gripes with you buddy...love it or hate it.
Aside from your 200 or so disgruntled-ly envious (or jealous? zealous?) posts of stalking me, what have you contributed to here?

You're winning the race for biggest-troll, hands down. Either you're good enough at it that you realize this and do it for entertainment, or you're completely oblivious.

BTW, starting off every post with "LOL" or "hahaha" or smiley gifs is Internet-code 101 for being totally transparent in how much you're trying to overcompensated-ly hide your innermost frustration.
Old 08-27-2013 | 12:58 AM

asdas
HAHAHAHAHAA...internet code-101? alright genius. Sooo...your post count makes you feel good huh? internet code-101 for loser.
Old 08-27-2013 | 01:19 AM
K-A
Out Of Control!!

Wahh. "Loser". "Sheep". You sound like a case study on intolerance and ignorance.

Now you're capitalizing your overcompensating "Haha" variances, damn I must be getting through on something deep there!

I wonder why someone comes on a car forum when none of their posts are in any way helpful or about cars? Is it merely for the sake of entertainment? Car forums are entertaining to me too but they're also very educational and interesting if you actually productively and constructively participate in them. Try it.
Old 08-27-2013 | 09:20 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2012 S350 Bluetec 4Matic, Diamond White, P2
I remember when this forum was about the E-Class. When we could all get together and b*tch about the E-Class together. Whether it was MB-Tex Vs. Corinthian leather, or the placement of the cruise control, the numerous folks that cant seem to keep bakes on the E550s, the slow shifts of the 7G, the lack of guidance lines in the backup camera view, rattles, squeaks, creaks, and whether or not the HOLD function is any good. For a group of folks that have gotten a lot of the good stuff the world has to offer, there sure is a lot of complaining going on. It is just a car after all. If you like yours, get another, if not, get something else. Sheeeeesh.
Old 08-27-2013 | 09:51 AM
MBWorld God!

2012 CLS63
yeah agree with PA, we used to have a lot of fun here......and the sharing of mods, pictures etc......

oh well.............
Old 08-27-2013 | 11:44 AM

2016 Audi S8 Plus/ 2011 Mercedes e550 4Matic//Gone:1985 500SEL/2000 e320 4Matic/ 2001 e55 Kleeman
Originally Posted by K-A
Aside from your 200 or so disgruntled-ly envious (or jealous? zealous?) posts of stalking me, what have you contributed to here?

You're winning the race for biggest-troll, hands down. Either you're good enough at it that you realize this and do it for entertainment, or you're completely oblivious.

BTW, starting off every post with "LOL" or "hahaha" or smiley gifs is Internet-code 101 for being totally transparent in how much you're trying to overcompensated-ly hide your innermost frustration.
Wow, K-A, some nasty stuff going back and forth here!!! I don't ever remember anything quite like this when I was more active after I bought my e550 in early 2011. There were often heated disussions but mostly just sharing stories and questions about our likes and dislikes about our cars, things like my dislike of airmatic or our feeling that the stereo could be better or the crappy nav system, sharing information about a car we might have recently test driven but never this degree of hostility. It seems we have gone past the point of hugging and singing Kum-Ba-Ya!!! At the end of the day, I'm just sitting back here and taking it in as the free entertainment that it is, reality forum fight!! Anyway, I know that I always enjoyed our conversations and found you to be a very skilled banterer who could express yourself very eloquently. Knowing how thorough and passionate you are about our class of automobile(whether it be Mercedes, BMW or Audi), I'm still curious to see your views on the e versus BMW. I'm sure that if we could all get together and have a few cocktails, our love of automotive banter, along with the alchohol, would melt the hostility. Really, enough guys!!! Regards. Ned.
Old 08-27-2013 | 11:45 AM

2010 E550
yeah agree with PA, we used to have a lot of fun here......and the sharing of mods, pictures etc......

oh well.............
Well, thanks to all of you I'm certainly having fun! Being a newbie to this Forum has been great. I have learned a LOT about my E550 from you trailblazers. I've already added some mods, had parts replaced for free by MB, exchanged items with other members, and this forum makes for a good read.

I Just wanted to say Thanks, and keep keeping it interesting!

(hoping to get my post count to 100 soon.) Kidding.
Old 08-27-2013 | 11:46 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

...24 GLE53
That Motor Trend article on "Best Driver's Car" has created 66 posts and very few on the said article. Go figure....how we amuse ourselves.

I started this one and I think it's time to wind it up.
Old 08-27-2013 | 12:11 PM
MBWorld God!

2012 CLS63
Originally Posted by stale-bread
Well, thanks to all of you I'm certainly having fun! Being a newbie to this Forum has been great. I have learned a LOT about my E550 from you trailblazers. I've already added some mods, had parts replaced for free by MB, exchanged items with other members, and this forum makes for a good read.

I Just wanted to say Thanks, and keep keeping it interesting!

(hoping to get my post count to 100 soon.) Kidding.
Old 08-27-2013 | 12:15 PM

E350 BT
I like the banter just so I can see hype's sasquatch-walking ab model
Old 08-27-2013 | 12:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2023 AMG EQS
Originally Posted by petee1997
That Motor Trend article on "Best Driver's Car" has created 66 posts and very few on the said article. Go figure....how we amuse ourselves.

I started this one and I think it's time to wind it up.
You started the thread and the title of this thread has absolutely nothing to do with the article. So there is nobody to blame for this awful thread but YOU!

Next time try not to make a thread about an internet troll and it may be possible to get a constructive discussion.
Old 08-27-2013 | 02:06 PM
MBWorld God!

2012 CLS63
Originally Posted by thekurgan
I like the banter just so I can see hype's sasquatch-walking ab model
she does have a really nice mid section to compliment here other sextions
Old 08-27-2013 | 03:09 PM

asdas
Yeah...y'all shouldn't be put off. It's really only been one person that draws so much ire and it hasn't even been that bad. This place can be slow, but it's still the best place for W212'ers.

And good gawd...Hyperion do you know the name of the chick in your sig?
Old 08-27-2013 | 03:12 PM

asdas
BTW, if I'm not mistaken, not even a single curse word has been exchanged. Hah. Doubt you'd find that in most other forums.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Here's one for K-A