Here's one for K-A

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-23-2013, 02:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 188 Likes on 118 Posts
...21 GLE53 24 GLE53
Here's one for K-A

Motor Trend Mag has just finished it's annual world's Best Driver's Car for 2013. Porsche 911 was the best. No big surprise there. The BMW M6 came in 10th place. The 2014 Mercedes E63 Wag S came in 7th with rave reviews. A surprising 2nd place winner was the MB SLS black, just behind the 911 4S.

Tests were conducted at Laguna Seca with a dozen judges voting.

So the best of what BMW had, could not beat an E class wagon. Tsk,tsp tsp. How sad!!!

Last edited by petee1997; 08-23-2013 at 03:21 PM.
Old 08-23-2013, 07:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E350 Coupe
petee1997 prepare yourself for at least 10 paragraphs of rebuttal heavily laced with hyperbole and made up facts. K-A cannot take this laying down. He is a professional forum poster who has driven every car and knows everything.
Old 08-23-2013, 09:05 PM
K-A
Out Of Control!!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts
Porsche Macan S SportDesign / Ex M-B's: 11 & 10 & 06 E350's, 02 S500
Man, Petee, how long were you waiting for this one? Being an M-B stalwart for so long I learned one thing: NEVER trust Magazine reviews, otherwise nobody would buy E Classes.

Care to look back at M-B's performance (non AMG) in literally every magazine test and see how it always trails in last place, if magazine articles mean so much? I hope you know enough about the E to realize an E63 Wagon performs less like a your standard non-AMG Mercedes than about anything. I'd post one of the plethora of tests that rate the 5 Series over the E Class, 6 Series over CLS, or the 3 Series over the C Class (I don't think there's a review where the M-B versions of either win), but I'll let you keep your moment. For that matter, Audi and Lexus are starting to win tests, I guess we should all trade our cars in for those!

.... Okay, I'm lying, let me go trade my 535i back in for an E350! Motor Trend gave the SLS second place!

Last edited by K-A; 08-23-2013 at 09:18 PM.
Old 08-23-2013, 09:37 PM
K-A
Out Of Control!!

Truthfully, bear in mind that BMW's approach to the larger F chassis cars are very different from the sharp, sometimes crude scalpels of yore. They're designed to be the ultimate Jack of all trades, class leaders in luxury and refinement yet still with that characteristic red blooded BMW sportiness and precision engrained within it (namely if you option it right).

Take the 5-Series, which is designed on a chassis that is identical to the much more expensive F01 7 Series and is also shared in modified form with the Rolls Royce Ghost. This is why to me the 5 feels much more expensive than other cars in its class (because its inherent price point based on what's based on it is much higher), that's why the chassis is one of the stiffest in the automotive industry and why it's so overwhelmingly heavy and quiet, which are in turn things that help deter it as the ultimate "drivers car" in that "purist" sense.

If "drivers car" means walking the best line of luxury and sport, to me it succeeds. Of course, M cars suffer the most for this as they simply lose their connectivity edge, but the "regular" BMW's in turn go up several ladders in other fields which are related to it being less singularly focused on sportiness (and as M-B fans, everyone knows luxury and comfort never win tests, hence M-B's always getting slaughtered).

You want the ultimate in sportiness? Go Audi, but be prepared to have a car that feels significantly less substantial or solid or quiet than its BMW/M-B competitors.

As for AMG's, AMG has benefitted the most from BMW's move to make their "regular" cars over-perform in areas related to luxury therefore underperform in areas related to connected sportiness. New AMG's are very direct, more like BMW's of yore, they're loud, almost brash, even considered raw, while the M5/M6 are considered to be "too refined/quiet therefore indirect". The latter ain't a bad thing for most buyers as it makes for a fundamentally outstanding overall vehicle (again, we're on a Mercedes board, those are Mercedes hallmark traits), but what AMG has done is played off of the E Class chassis of being already somewhat harsh over certain roads and less isolated than the 5 Series to begin with, and turned it into a beast.

Point: AMG is indeed now producing a more specifically raw/connected feeling drive, while M is producing a more luxurious and comfort oriented drive, while the actual numbers both competitors put down are very similar, however swaying more towards BMW's side. Funny how the roles have literally changed in this generation.

There, I hope I didn't let you down Steel. I just get the warm and fuzzies being in a thread with my two best friends, Pete and Steel.
Old 08-23-2013, 10:34 PM

Received 59 Likes on 51 Posts
asdas
Haha, well I guess you can't say you didn't ask for it. K-Aptain K-Atachresis never fails to deliver.

Nothing makes a person look dumber than when they try to use words they don't have a complete grasp of in order to seem smarter than they are or like they "get it" more than you.

He must have bought himself one of these.

Old 08-23-2013, 10:38 PM
K-A
Out Of Control!!

Yes! Finally! Some life from the grave site that has become the E Class forum. You know it gets good when Bauhaus pokes his charming head into the fold. I guess BMW can be pleased to know even a camaraderie amongst the MB faithful has to do with them.
Old 08-23-2013, 10:53 PM

asdas
Haha, try to deflect the negative attention you get by associating yourself with BMW? Like I've always said, its not so much the cars themselves, as much as it is the blowhards behind the wheel.
Old 08-24-2013, 07:30 AM
MBWorld God!

Received 3,351 Likes on 2,807 Posts
2012 CLS63
Old 08-24-2013, 07:31 AM
MBWorld God!

2012 CLS63
Originally Posted by brauhaus313
Haha, well I guess you can't say you didn't ask for it. K-Aptain K-Atachresis never fails to deliver.

Nothing makes a person look dumber than when they try to use words they don't have a complete grasp of in order to seem smarter than they are or like they "get it" more than you.

He must have bought himself one of these.

Retroincabulator - YouTube
haha
Haha, try to deflect the negative attention you get by associating yourself with BMW? Like I've always said, its not so much the cars themselves, as much as it is the blowhards behind the wheel.
Old 08-24-2013, 07:37 AM
K-A
Out Of Control!!

Hype, don't you have several holes to dig yourself out of in your Blue Lollypop thread?

Like I've always said, its not so much the cars themselves, as much as it is the blowhards behind the wheel.
I always thought the same until I got one.... Now it all makes sense.

Face it, you're a negative tinged pessimist who gets ruffled when others can lay out a coherent, passionate and verifiable argument in something they enjoy. You popped through here to hiss at me when I was waxing poetic about the W212 (on a W212 forum, mind you) every day as well, therefore nothing changed on your part since I got the BMW. In fact, my fanclub of Petee and Steelgray would throw stones my way for having a passion filled approach to even the E's I drove when I was doing so actively on an E forum. Now that I have a BMW, find it vastly superior, and have even more passion towards it, we've hit the brink. The issues coming from you guys were never about the cars. Pessimistic personalities will always react accordingly.

I'll bet 80% of your posts are rants against me (oh how it must bother you so!) while the rest are meaningless one or two liners.

This forum used to be considered one of the more active and interesting on MBWorld. Now it's a ghost town with bore-fest threads. This is probably the only thread to be of any entertaining value and I wonder why.

Last edited by K-A; 08-24-2013 at 07:51 AM.
Old 08-24-2013, 07:51 AM
MBWorld God!

2012 CLS63
Originally Posted by K-A
Hype, don't you have several holes to dig yourself out of in your Blue Lollypop thread?

not really, all those guys are too busy making jokes to be concerned with much else.........I guess because of those wheels I should walk on egg shells now?? guess I need to drop it, tune it and whatever else to get the respect
the forums pass out........unless you go against the grain
wow, CONFORM OR BE CAST OUTsuch as life

I always thought the same until I got one.... Now it all makes sense.
Old 08-24-2013, 08:01 AM
K-A
Out Of Control!!

Originally Posted by hyperion667
You accidentally put your response in between my quote box (in your post), above.

"Conform or be cast out".... hmm somehow I understand where you're coming from.

But hey, who am I to complain. This is the most fun we've had here in eons. The classic formula still works: Petee eggs me on because he's been waiting on pins and needles to find something pro-MB to throw in my face, I rebut with paragraphs about how much better I find my BMW to be in about every field possible, Steel pokes in his head in between annoyed responses in E Coupe threads about how sexy he looks inside one, to attempt to disqualify my detailed descriptions be them subjective or objective, and then of course in a sign that we've hit the jackpot, Bauhaus makes a rare cameo to give his .2c on how much he has a crush on me. What would it be without a passive aggressive "lol" gesture and emoticon from my good friend Hype.

And people wonder why I waste so much life on Car Forums. You can't buy this kind of magic!
Old 08-24-2013, 08:07 AM
MBWorld God!

2012 CLS63
yeah, saw that, just working on my post count anyway........
so the laughing guys are passive aggressive? I did not realize that.......

the latest jab from threeMB's and his sanctimonious mind..........the dreaded POST COUNT joke HAHA! too good........
we're also judged on how many 'well thought out posts' we contribute to our forum society.......

the forums have been pretty stale as of late.........not much contribution.......(enter blue wheel joke here) especially if you're like GAY BASHER Rock from Ohio.........
Old 08-24-2013, 08:19 AM
K-A
Out Of Control!!

Yeah this place has turned into a no-fun zone lately. Even the banter is weak, people don't debate cars, instead debate personalities. Nobody has fun there. I'd rather pages of why M-B is better than BMW and retorts back rather than "you suck because.... no you suck because....", etc. I'll say certain other forums I'm a member of are far more active and although see their debates from haters to lovers, it's always respectable and never jabs towards personal people.

Honestly one reason I wanted to move on from M-B was because of the attitudes of various people on these forums (not to mention how dispassionate it is towards the car and disdainful towards passion it can be). I expected more from what I presumed "should be" an MB clientele. Other forums are less catty and are full of emotionally, intelligent driven posts where the character behind them doesn't get vilified as much as their argument does.

I get the same crap about post count. Honestly I wish I could have my post statistic lowered next to my name as at this point aside from a nice reminder of contributions that have led to a full PM Inbox of "thank you's" and when this forum was fun: "Your contributions make this place fun", not to mention various of the GREAT members here who have voiced thanks to my contributions made.... it's just a reminder of how much TIME I must have spent on these boards.... yikes!
Old 08-24-2013, 08:41 AM
MBWorld God!

2012 CLS63
that's a good point KA, it does always seem like a personality forum versus a CAR forum......guess that's another reason I was put off by all the douch-baggery from my latest wheel thread......
thought I had 'homies' here you know?

even had a MOD Pm'ing me about 'just kidding' as if that makes it okay........
then after I retaliate it's 'okay, well I wasn't serious anyway' sentiment, coupled
with all sorts of other one ups and insults......and this is from a MOD mind you......
shows some of the mentality as the climate has changed rapidly......
then I was being compared to him in the sense of VIOLATIONS here in the forums and how I have MANY while HE has none!!! WOW!!! impressive huh?

personal beef versus the love of Mercedes Benz
Old 08-24-2013, 11:52 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

...21 GLE53 24 GLE53
K-A, maybe you don't get it. You have spent months criticizing the MB forum about their choice of car. It's insulting. Most people here bought an MB because it was their first choice. People don't go out shopping for a car with a mindset of buying second best.

You have now found what you believe to be the best, a BMW. Leave it at that.

Motor Trend says that Porsche 911S is the world's best driver's car. Do I spend countless hours on the BMW forum crapping on the BMW owners for their poor judgment? Of course not. Why? Because the BMW guys bought their cars based on their needs and preferences and that makes their decision absolutely right.
Old 08-24-2013, 02:28 PM

E350 Coupe
Wow K-A you far exceeded my rebuttal expectations. I don't post to this forum much anymore. You really just bore the hell out of me. I could write your posts. They're just the same stuff over and over again. Cars to me are just a mode of transportation. I have never built my life around them...I enjoy them and appreciate them for what they are!!

OK...10 more paragraphs!!!
Old 08-24-2013, 03:20 PM

'11 350 4matic - '14 Stingray: Gone, BMW 530i, Porsche 944 Turbo, Porsche 356, Mitsubishi 3000GT
Hyperion and K-A
How the heck are you guys?

Man...I have been off this forum waaaaay toooo long. Glad I stumbled upon both of you again. I still got my Benz. Have a Passenger side airbag warning so I thought MB World would be the best place to do a little research.

I have the new Stingray (loaded) on order. Being built next week. I am very excited. Trust me, this forum is probably tame next to a small minority of knuckleheads on Corvette Forum. There are some guys on there (and trolls) that just wanna mix it up. 98% are great, passionate enthusiasts, the other 2% are just there to stir things up...and they do a good job of it.

I am still keeping the MB for times I need more than 2 seats.

Anyhow...glad to see the two of you are still around!!! This Forum provided a plethora of good ideas and knowledge when we were all new to the W212. It was always a great passion for me to tweak the car and follow up with you guys. Hope all is well.

Brian

Last edited by BPhillyBenz; 08-24-2013 at 03:30 PM.
Old 08-24-2013, 03:36 PM
MBWorld God!

2012 CLS63
Originally Posted by BPhillyBenz
Hyperion and K-A

Man...I have been off this forum waaaaay toooo long. Glad I stumbled upon both of you again. I still got my Benz. Have a Passenger side airbag warning so I thought MB World would be the best place to do a little research.

I have the new Stingray (loaded) on order. Being built next week. I am very excited. Trust me, this forum is probably tame next to a small minority of knuckleheads on Corvette Forum. There are some guys on there (and trolls) that just wanna mix it up. 98% are great, passionate enthusiasts, the other 2% are just there to stir things up...and they do a good job of it.

Anyhow...glad to see the two of you are still around!!! This Forum provided a plethora of good ideas and knowledge when we were all new to the W212. It was always a great passion for me to tweak the car and follow up with you guys. Hope all is well.

Brian
BPhilly!
hope you're well brother....
yeah, forums are quite a bore.....no one really does much modding, except for drops and wheels.....tints.....there is one member currently wrapped
the Stingray sounds awesome, and you configured it too: an extra plus....
those things look pretty damn mean, and the power must be nice too.....
feel free to share a pic when the thing arrives

stay well
Old 08-24-2013, 03:41 PM

'11 350 4matic - '14 Stingray: Gone, BMW 530i, Porsche 944 Turbo, Porsche 356, Mitsubishi 3000GT
Thanks man...how's all with you?
B.
Attached Thumbnails Here's one for K-A-8613383111_ec1423c7a8_b.jpg   Here's one for K-A-cg2.jpg   Here's one for K-A-image_zpsdedabe61.jpg  
Old 08-24-2013, 08:24 PM

asdas
This forum has always been a little slow. Nature of the game when your typical E-class driver or tuner isn't buying or making a ton of go fast goodies and aftermarket parts for the car. Nevermind the car being a 2+ton luxo-barge.

K-A, if it's so boring, why do you stick around? Perhaps its because you don't get much attention on the BMW boards, where it's fast moving and they don't tolerate your attempts at car magazine flowery prose.

You're the only person I've found to be exceedingly irritating, and apparently others think so too. You attribute it to me being a "negative tinged pessimist" (whatever that means) and my and others' inability to make a coherent argument, all the while all you ever do is make "verifiable" arguments. I thought "K-Aptain K-Atachresis" and Retroincabulator softballs would clue you in, but apparently not. You're still Master Debater in your own head. You're the funniest of characters, so caught up in yourself that you fail to see that everyone is laughing at you.
Old 08-24-2013, 08:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

...21 GLE53 24 GLE53
Originally Posted by K-A
You accidentally put your response in between my quote box (in your post), above.

"Conform or be cast out".... hmm somehow I understand where you're coming from.

But hey, who am I to complain. This is the most fun we've had here in eons. The classic formula still works: Petee eggs me on because he's been waiting on pins and needles to find something pro-MB to throw in my face, I rebut with paragraphs about how much better I find my BMW to be in about every field possible, Steel pokes in his head in between annoyed responses in E Coupe threads about how sexy he looks inside one, to attempt to disqualify my detailed descriptions be them subjective or objective, and then of course in a sign that we've hit the jackpot, Bauhaus makes a rare cameo to give his .2c on how much he has a crush on me. What would it be without a passive aggressive "lol" gesture and emoticon from my good friend Hype.

And people wonder why I waste so much life on Car Forums. You can't buy this kind of magic!
Try getting a girlfriend.
Old 08-24-2013, 09:23 PM
K-A
Out Of Control!!

Originally Posted by petee1997
K-A, maybe you don't get it. You have spent months criticizing the MB forum about their choice of car. It's insulting. Most people here bought an MB because it was their first choice. People don't go out shopping for a car with a mindset of buying second best.

You have now found what you believe to be the best, a BMW. Leave it at that.

Motor Trend says that Porsche 911S is the world's best driver's car. Do I spend countless hours on the BMW forum crapping on the BMW owners for their poor judgment? Of course not. Why? Because the BMW guys bought their cars based on their needs and preferences and that makes their decision absolutely right.
Boo hoo. The only reason my comments bother you so much is because you don't have confidence in your car. I know because I was the same way when I was here. On the Bimmer forums half of the threads are filled with naysayers, and guess what? We invite it, because we're confident we have the "best". You can't debate the merits about the CARS I speak about, therefore you retort to personal drama, which means you have no argument. Buy a new car if that's the case.

Originally Posted by steelgrey
Wow K-A you far exceeded my rebuttal expectations. I don't post to this forum much anymore. You really just bore the hell out of me. I could write your posts. They're just the same stuff over and over again. Cars to me are just a mode of transportation. I have never built my life around them...I enjoy them and appreciate them for what they are!!

OK...10 more paragraphs!!!
So cars are just transportation yet you come to car forums. I guess that further explains your questionable stylistic taste.

Originally Posted by BPhillyBenz
Hyperion and K-A

Brian
Philly! Nice breath of fresh air to see you brother! This forum has gone down the tubes lately but it's nice to see your spirit, and it has been a great overall forum during especially the times where people were participating about all things W212 (pro's and cons). I can't believe you got the new Stingray, it's exceptional. Please post pics here when you take delivery!

This forum has always been a little slow. Nature of the game when your typical E-class driver or tuner isn't buying or making a ton of go fast goodies and aftermarket parts for the car. Nevermind the car being a 2+ton luxo-barge.

K-A, if it's so boring, why do you stick around? Perhaps its because you don't get much attention on the BMW boards, where it's fast moving and they don't tolerate your attempts at car magazine flowery prose.

You're the only person I've found to be exceedingly irritating, and apparently others think so too. You attribute it to me being a "negative tinged pessimist" (whatever that means) and my and others' inability to make a coherent argument, all the while all you ever do is make "verifiable" arguments. I thought "K-Aptain K-Atachresis" and Retroincabulator softballs would clue you in, but apparently not. You're still Master Debater in your own head. You're the funniest of characters, so caught up in yourself that you fail to see that everyone is laughing at you.
Actually Bauhaus, the Bimmerforums are the best on the Net. I spend tons of time there and due to the fact that nobody retorts to personal attacks, we all engage in very lively and fun discussion. I was the one who got the message out about a negative change to the F10 for the LCI which resulted in one of the biggest subjects on that forums history. Members are professional and intelligent, unlike the few adult children that I call my "fanclub" in this very thread, who make the W212 clientele look look not so flattering.

This place has gotten boring since I stopped posting more regularly. I can't even rile up a good debate because those lacking confidence in their choices (Petee, Steel) will come in and get all personal about it.

Originally Posted by petee1997
Try getting a girlfriend.
Funny to keep hearing a guy saying that who's twice my age and probably has a wife who looks like my last remaining Grandma. You sound like a perv who keeps wanting to SEE my (hot, in her 20's) girlfriend. And guess what? She made fun of me for being an "old man" when I had my Mercedes'. So, now do you think I should get a new girlfriend?
Old 08-25-2013, 12:01 AM

asdas
Haha, such a loser, yet so high on yourself. Ascribe all these characteristics on everyone who calls you out (no confidence? haha...because of a car?) ...but to yourself you're the paragon of information and excitement on car threads. Your "girlfriend" comes up again (does she make you feel confident?). That hologram machine still working for you huh? So foolish.
Old 08-25-2013, 12:41 AM
K-A
Out Of Control!!

Haha, such a loser, yet so high on yourself. Ascribe all these characteristics on everyone who calls you out (no confidence? haha...because of a car?) ...but to yourself you're the paragon of information and excitement on car threads. Your "girlfriend" comes up again (does she make you feel confident?). That hologram machine still working for you huh? So foolish.
Aww, you sound real upset over all of this.

A couple of you pervs keep bringing "my girlfriend" up in every other thread. Petee I can understand, at his age he probably gets off by imagining things like this, but you sound too young to even be allowed to be on a message board (isn't there a minimum-age limit?) therefore you should be releasing your negative energy in more intriguing ways!

Also, work on your reading comprehension. I said "no confidence IN YOUR CHOICE OF car", not "no confidence because of a car".

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Here's one for K-A