E-Class (W212) 2010 - 2016: E 350, E 550

Mod continues... what do you guys think?!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-04-2014, 08:30 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
E-class
Originally Posted by zibby43
When I caught/noticed you saying things like this, I decided to speak up. Because that information is just patently false.

Here is a 2014 E-Class (E200) w/ AMG Sport package in Europe. Notice that despite having the AMG Sport Package, there are no AMG badges on the trunk of the car. Or anywhere, for that fact.

Mercedes-Benz E class 2014 AMG in depth review interior Exterior - YouTube

Nowhere in the world does BMW sell a "standard" model with an M badge on the back of the car. There are M Sport models and half-breeds such as the M235i, etc. but there are no cars labeled "328i . . . M."

Not only do they reserve the M trunk badges for proper M cars, they even use a special font for the M models as well (regarding the number itself).

Cars with M Sport packages may have the M logo on the wheels or on the front fenders, but as of 2014, all true M models have the M logo on the grill and the rear trunk lid whereas standard car models are forbidden from having the M logo in those two areas (from the factory).

As far as I know, the protocol is the same for AMG. No standard, non-Mercedes-Benz cars leave the factory with AMG branding on the trunk.

If you see one in the showroom like that, it is a used car in which case the owner placed it there, or if abroad (except Germany), perhaps the dealer could have installed it.

I'm not sure if it was a rumor or not but I heard that Mercedes-Benz dealers in the U.S. were susceptible to losing their franchise for putting an AMG badge on the trunk of a non-AMG car. Which would make sense and align with my brand dilution spiel.

Anyway, even as an AMG owner, I don't really have a dog in the fight.

It bugs me some that some people plop one on there. Only because there is no reason whatsoever to be ashamed of having a non-AMG Mercedes-Benz, one of the most prestigious and well-recognized luxury car brands in the world.

You're free to believe what you want to believe. The fact is, quite a few members here have already said that in their countries or they have seen Non-AMG Mercedes with AMG sport packages have been sold with AMG badges on the trunk. When you said "nowhere" in the world, you know you can't possibly support that statement. When BMW does it, the M badge goes before the model designation. They have been doing this for years in many countries. Nothing new.

The last few weeks I had been in Hong Kong, Taipei and Tokyo and I saw too many C300, E250, E300 with AMG sport packages with AMG badges on the trunk. In Taipei I even walked into the Mercedes Taiwan showroom, and saw 2014 E250 with AMG sport package has AMG badge on the trunk on display. I chatted with the people on the floor and they said the cars came to the show room like that. The only thing they did to the car was to put a dealer decal above the AMG badge.

People make assumptions on things they haven't seen or aren't familiar with. This is clearly what you are doing.

I agree that this thread should be killed.

Try explaining to the Amazon aborigines that the surgeons in the operating room are actually trying to save a patients life rather than killing him. Yeah, that is pretty much what's going on here.

I thought the Ferrari forums were bad and full with snobs, especially the past few years the average age of owners clearly have dropped dramatically. but no, AMG owners are just too classy and their cars are much too sacred. So I must get an AMG vehicle in the near future so I can be part of this elite group. Wow. Yeah.

Old 01-04-2014, 08:38 AM

E-class

YES, KILL THIS THREAD, PLEASE.

Last edited by leapingpoint; 01-04-2014 at 08:41 AM.
Old 01-04-2014, 10:04 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 884 Likes on 634 Posts
2010 E550, 273 Engine: 2012 S550, 278 Engine
Originally Posted by leapingpoint
You're free to believe what you want to believe. The fact is, quite a few members here have already said that in their countries or they have seen Non-AMG Mercedes with AMG sport packages have been sold with AMG badges on the trunk. When you said "nowhere" in the world, you know you can't possibly support that statement. When BMW does it, the M badge goes before the model designation. They have been doing this for years in many countries. Nothing new.

The last few weeks I had been in Hong Kong, Taipei and Tokyo and I saw too many C300, E250, E300 with AMG sport packages with AMG badges on the trunk. In Taipei I even walked into the Mercedes Taiwan showroom, and saw 2014 E250 with AMG sport package has AMG badge on the trunk on display. I chatted with the people on the floor and they said the cars came to the show room like that. The only thing they did to the car was to put a dealer decal above the AMG badge.

People make assumptions on things they haven't seen or aren't familiar with. This is clearly what you are doing.

Try explaining to the Amazon aborigines that the surgeons in the operating room are actually trying to save a patients life rather than killing him. Yeah, that is pretty much what's going on here.

I thought the Ferrari forums were bad and full with snobs, especially the past few years the average age of owners clearly have dropped dramatically. but no, AMG owners are just too classy and their cars are much too sacred. So I must get an AMG vehicle in the near future so I can be part of this elite group. Wow. Yeah.

"I saw too many C300, E250, E300 with AMG sport packages with AMG badges on the trunk."

"So I must get an AMG vehicle in the near future so I can be part of this elite group."

In the first sentence above you say it yourself with "I saw too many..." and yet you are adding one on the roads yourself.

For the second sentence, YES!
Old 01-04-2014, 10:23 AM

E-class
Originally Posted by Arrie
"I saw too many C300, E250, E300 with AMG sport packages with AMG badges on the trunk."

"So I must get an AMG vehicle in the near future so I can be part of this elite group."

In the first sentence above you say it yourself with "I saw too many..." and yet you are adding one on the roads yourself.

For the second sentence, YES!
I guess this thread just makes some people's lives more colorful and they will continue to post rubbish hoping that someone will respond. I get it. you people are just lonely because even your roommates at the nursing home wont speak to you so you are seeking comforts here. It's okay.

So Arrie, did you ever get those fake AMG exhaust tips you were asking about in the other thread? I think they go quite nicely with your fake big star grill.

Remember to show Hyperion the photos when you get the mods done. He will probably recommend u to also get your car plastic wrapped in cheap orange (like his) that's usually found on Honda Accord with a very large spoiler (most likely to compensate something tiny on himself).

Last edited by leapingpoint; 01-04-2014 at 10:32 AM.
Old 01-04-2014, 10:35 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I guess this thread just makes some people's lives more colorful and they will continue to post rubbish hoping that someone will respond. I get it. you people are just lonely because even your roommates at the nursing home wont speak to you so you are seeking comforts here. It's okay.

So Arrie, did you ever get those fake AMG exhaust tips you were asking about in the other thread? I think they go quite nicely with your fake big star grill.

Remember to show Hyperion the photos when you get the mods done. He will probably recommend u to also get your car plastic wrapped in cheap orange (like his) that's usually found on Honda Accord with a very large spoiler (most likely to compensate something tiny on himself).

Don't get off the topic!
No fake AMG badge in my car

You are a case man, you really are...
Old 01-04-2014, 10:50 AM

E-class
Don't get off the topic!
No fake AMG badge in my car

You are a case man, you really are...

Get off topic?

You might want to check again what the topic of this thread is.

HINT: it says in the original post.

But clearly you can't read, or write.
No AMG badge "In" your car?
Hyperion will laugh at your English! Watch out!

Last edited by leapingpoint; 01-04-2014 at 10:53 AM.
Old 01-04-2014, 11:04 AM

Received 38 Likes on 32 Posts
15 AMG S63 4-matic coupe
I have an AMG badge on my car

oops Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.
Old 01-04-2014, 12:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Get off topic?

You might want to check again what the topic of this thread is.

HINT: it says in the original post.

But clearly you can't read, or write.
No AMG badge "In" your car?
Hyperion will laugh at your English! Watch out!

EXACTLY! What is the original topic?

"Mod continues...what do you guys think?"

You wrote this topic and you are getting the answers and obviously you don't like the answer from me and some other true MB enthusiasts so why did you ask? Did you think that everyone will be awestruck by your mods even people who have the "right" to use that AMG badge on the trunk of their cars? (Yes, and next post on this thread will be about the "right" of using the AMG badge).

Perhaps you should have used: "Mod continues...and I think it is flawless and I don't want any negative opinions in this thread, please, because I know better than rest of you."
Old 01-04-2014, 02:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 97 Likes on 82 Posts
'20 GLC300 SUV

First of all, there is no need to get hostile with me. I've tried to be as polite as possible when discussing this.

You asked for feedback: ". . . what do you guys think?!" and I'm providing you feedback.

And you keep failing to recognize the point that DEALERS must be the ones putting on the badges rather than the factory.

I've told you what the factory procedures are and that is fact - not speculation. And it is EASY to know the answer regarding whether the factories put the badges on because they've been asked and provided the answer: "NO."

With respect to those folks that tell you, "Oh yeah the car came from the factory with that badge," did it ever occur to you that these people could be A) lying (to avoid getting into trouble for putting the badge on, etc.) or B) misinformed?

You keep throwing out either unsubstantiated anecdotal or hearsay evidence and it's very, very hard to take seriously.

I'm not telling you to take it off (i.e., the badge). I'm not calling you any names. I'm giving my opinion, which happens to be the majority opinion of true, die-hard car/motorsport enthusiasts (i.e., don't badge it to be what it is not).

EXACTLY! What is the original topic?

"Mod continues...what do you guys think?"

You wrote this topic and you are getting the answers and obviously you don't like the answer from me and some other true MB enthusiasts so why did you ask? Did you think that everyone will be awestruck by your mods even people who have the "right" to use that AMG badge on the trunk of their cars? (Yes, and next post on this thread will be about the "right" of using the AMG badge).

Perhaps you should have used: "Mod continues...and I think it is flawless and I don't want any negative opinions in this thread, please, because I know better than rest of you."
Could not have said it better myself.

Last edited by zibby43; 01-04-2014 at 02:24 PM.