E-Class (W212) 2010 - 2016: E 350, E 550

Locking Doors With Door Button?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-19-2014 | 03:44 PM

E350
Locking Doors With Door Button?

Is it possible to lock the doors using the inside door lock button?
Old 01-19-2014 | 11:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2023 AMG EQS
Wow this is a very tough question. How about you press it and come back and tell us.
We are too scared to find out ourselves. j/k

Can you elaborate on your question, there is obviously more to your question than it seems. What exactly are you asking?
Old 01-20-2014 | 07:49 AM

2011 E350 Sport
Originally Posted by ejmb2010
Is it possible to lock the doors using the inside door lock button?
Yes, i do it when I first get it in sometimes... Your question seems too simple. Maybe you mean something else.
Old 01-20-2014 | 08:35 AM

E350
Cool

Originally Posted by Tjdehya
Wow this is a very tough question. How about you press it and come back and tell us.
We are too scared to find out ourselves. j/k

Can you elaborate on your question, there is obviously more to your question than it seems. What exactly are you asking?
Yes, I can lock it when I am in the car no problem. But the other day I walked out and noticed the car was unlocked so I opened the pass door and pressed the lock button and nothing. So I pressed the unlock and all the locks unlock, I then try the lock button and nothing. I did change the driver settings and it seems the only way to lock the car is with the key fob.
Old 01-20-2014 | 09:10 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2010 E550, 273 Engine: 2012 S550, 278 Engine
Originally Posted by ejmb2010
Yes, I can lock it when I am in the car no problem. But the other day I walked out and noticed the car was unlocked so I opened the pass door and pressed the lock button and nothing. So I pressed the unlock and all the locks unlock, I then try the lock button and nothing. I did change the driver settings and it seems the only way to lock the car is with the key fob.
The car is built so that you cannot accidentally lock yourself out leaving the key in, i.e. the driver door will not lock if it is open.

But you can lock the car from the door button with a small trick. This is that you open the rear door, then use the lock button and you will see the driver door lock will not lock but other doors do. Then you close the driver door and push the lock pin down thru the rear door that still is open and after this you close the rear door and hopefully did not leave the key in as now the car is locked.

Last edited by Arrie; 01-20-2014 at 09:13 AM.
Old 01-20-2014 | 07:14 PM

E350
Originally Posted by Arrie
The car is built so that you cannot accidentally lock yourself out leaving the key in, i.e. the driver door will not lock if it is open.

But you can lock the car from the door button with a small trick. This is that you open the rear door, then use the lock button and you will see the driver door lock will not lock but other doors do. Then you close the driver door and push the lock pin down thru the rear door that still is open and after this you close the rear door and hopefully did not leave the key in as now the car is locked.
Thanks
Old 01-21-2014 | 11:23 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

19 E63s(wifeys) & a 21 GLE580
Originally Posted by Arrie

I often wonder how we find out these little secrets!