E-Class (W212) 2010 - 2016: E 350, E 550

Homelink...not getting green light..command unit shuts off

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-16-2014, 10:07 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
E350
Homelink...not getting green light..command unit shuts off

Has anyone had an issue with getting the green light when trying to program a new garage opener?

i followed the step on MB instructional youtube video, tried the E350 manual..tried this thread

https://mbworld.org/forums/e-class-c...home-link.html

searched the forum for no green indicator light but haven't been able to find an answer.

I was able to program my old garage open without any problems...

Steps I've done:

1) turn the car on (hit the keyless go twice without stepping on the brakes)

2) hold down buttons 1 & 3 to reset/clear clodes..at this point..the light flashes yellow

3) I hold down the remote control button and button #1 on mirror

light continues to flash yellow

after about 30-60 seconds the light turns off....no green light to signal that it accepted to code.

one thing i've also notice is that the radio/command unit will shut off too.

TIA
Old 02-16-2014, 10:36 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2014 E350 4MATIC, 2013 SL550
Start the car. Step on the brake and press the Keyless Go button. I've never tried programming it with the engine not running.

Press and hold buttons 1 & 3 to reset/clear codes.
Press and hold button you want to program while pressing the garage remote button. Light will flash green. If your open has rolling codes. Press the learn button on on the garage door opener. You now have 30 seconds to press the button you just programmed.

Hope this helps.
Old 02-17-2014, 08:55 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
E350
Originally Posted by justdonating
Start the car. Step on the brake and press the Keyless Go button. I've never tried programming it with the engine not running.

Press and hold buttons 1 & 3 to reset/clear codes.
Press and hold button you want to program while pressing the garage remote button. Light will flash green. If your open has rolling codes. Press the learn button on on the garage door opener. You now have 30 seconds to press the button you just programmed.

Hope this helps.
Tried with car on. Still not getting green light
Old 02-17-2014, 09:32 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,620 Likes on 1,189 Posts
2014 E550-sold 😩
The car needs to be running as indicated(it's easier, just be outside the garage). The Command always shuts off after a brief period when the car is not running; that is normal. Make sure you reset everything and START FROM THE BEGINNING. Hold the garage door opener very close to the mirror and press the opening button and the Homelink button as long as it takes to rapid flash( rapid flash, does not turn green). This could be 30 seconds. This step has always given people trouble. If you get the flashing light then proceed to the learn phase for a rolling code. Keep trying.

Last edited by KEY08; 02-17-2014 at 09:46 AM.
Old 02-17-2014, 11:17 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2013 E350 BlueTec, 2011 VW Jetta TDI
In that link you posted he finally got it to work by press and release button #1 in step 3 instead of press and hold.

BTW, my Command only shuts off after 20+ mins and not right away.

When I programmed mine I drove my E out the garage facing toward the garage door and didn't have any problem programming my two garage doors.

I found the HomeLink signal to be a bit weak and works fine if I am approaching my garage at 20+ feet.

But the remote supplied by my garage door manufacturer was able to activate the doors even when I'm over 60+ feet away!