New E550 replacement has rough downshifts too, lovely

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-22-2015, 03:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2014 E350
Transmission replaced?

Originally Posted by justdonating
Will pay close attention to my 2014 E350 4Matic. Sitting at 2200 miles now....
I have a 2014 E350M, at 6000 miles check engine light came on when approaching a toll booth, car shifted down rpms shot up, took it in they claimed it needed a software update, mind you I had this car custom built with every option, that was March 2014, then at 18,000 miles(I drive a lot) in November I noticed a shuddering/vibration on slow turns, like turning into a driveway, took it in they claimed to have fixed the problem but alas again it started and worsened so back to the shop; they kept it for three weeks said it needed a new transmission which needed to be shipped from Germany. Get the car back and I notice it's not smooth, i can feel it hunting for the proper gears, now it just stalls out at odd times like when it's stopped at a red light. The other day it took three trys to get it started again. I complained to MB corporate and got a letter for $2000 credit on a new car that is valid for a year. Apparently MB has known about these transmission problems for awhile. So disgusted. It's going in Friday for service A 30k. Unreal pay a lot of money to have a dependable car and it is in the shop more than any other car I've owned