E-Class (W212) 2010 - 2016: E 350, E 550

Suggestions on simple performance mods?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-29-2014, 06:34 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
2010 E350 4Matic Sport
Suggestions on simple performance mods?

For the past 6 months (length of owning my E350 sport) I've simply logged into the forum for cosmetic suggestions but now looking for simple/inexpensive performance mods to add a bit more pep in the step. The paddle shifters help from time to time but looking to increase the kick in acceleration and wondering "who's done what"? I realize the E-class wasn't intended to be a sports car but anyone out there modded their performance without breaking the bank???

Thanks in advance!

Last edited by KY.Benzster; 05-29-2014 at 06:37 PM.
Old 05-29-2014, 07:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 384 Likes on 314 Posts
2011 E550 P2 4M Sedan
I did the ECU reset which made a difference in the throttle response time for me. YMMV. I guess the previous owner of my car was not an aggressive driver because I felt I needed to push the pedal to the floor to get the car realize I wanted to go rather than meander along. Now, the throttle is much more responsive by comparison. However, there is no net gain in overall performance.

Someone posted step by step instructions which were easy to follow if you are interested. If you search the forum, you will find the procedure which just involves holding down the accelerator while the key is in accessory mode and then turning the key to the off position.
Old 05-30-2014, 10:52 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
2012 S350 Bluetec 4Matic, Diamond White, P2
Being naturally aspirated, there is little you could do to get a noticeable bump in performance that would not require a significant investment and alteration to your vehicle. If you are not happy with the performance of your E350, then you really should consider an E550, BMW, Audi, or another MB model. Turbo cars are easier to tune for more performance, and often a simple ECU re-map can yield significant bumps in performance. There really isn't much that can be done simply to an E350 for more power or performance.
Old 05-30-2014, 11:03 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
'19 MBZ E450 Wagon, '19 BMW 530e
Upgrading the tires is the best bang for the buck ever. It totally transformed my E when I ditched those OEM ContiProContact.

Few Recommendations:

Michelin Pilot Sports A/S 3 - Best all-arounder for comfort/noise/grip
Michelin Pilot Super Sports - King of Hi-Performance tires
Bridgestones Potenza S-04 Pole Positions - Great value summer tire.
Old 05-30-2014, 04:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2012 MB E Bluetec
Well, I have a 2012 Bluetec, so it's turbo diesel
I put a Remus exhaust, which has definitely reduced the turbo lag, in a gas model it would make a throatier growl and small power increase

I also put h&r springs which lowered the car another 0.5" or so and really stiffened of the body roll, I has sport spring (factory) set up before

Cost of the exhaust is 1530 for parts from Remus and $300 install

Spings were $260 from tirerack and 700 install with alignment

Hope that helps