E-Class (W212) 2010 - 2016: E 350, E 550

Dealer Maintenance

Old 11-02-2014, 04:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2012 E 350
Dealer Maintenance

I'm approaching my 20K service and wonder if it makes a difference going to
dealer where I bought the car vs competitor.
I'm aware that warranty can be done at any MB shop, but somehow feel
I'd be better regarded by the place I bought the car.
Am I nuts?
Old 11-02-2014, 04:51 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2014 E250 Bluetec
Originally Posted by boater07
Am I nuts?
No telling!

It shouldn't matter which dealer you use unless your selling dealer offers special incentives. (free car washes, etc)
Old 11-02-2014, 04:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 143 Likes on 102 Posts
2010 E350 Luxury Sedan, Engine 272 (V6)
Not at all

I'm approaching my 20K service and wonder if it makes a difference going to
dealer where I bought the car vs competitor.
I'm aware that warranty can be done at any MB shop, but somehow feel
I'd be better regarded by the place I bought the car.
Am I nuts?
Some dealers will reward you for loyalty with discounts or just better service. If an issue comes up that might or might not be covered by warranty, loyalty to a specific dealership will be an asset.
Another factor is that loaners may be provided by one dealer, but not necessarily by another. Also, some dealers will try to sell you additional services once you get there whereas others don't. This is typical of almost every make of car sold in America though.
I take my car back to where I purchased it and always get a loaner, for a day or four days. They have never tried to sell me anything extra and in fact have advised that I could defer some expensive items due to low mileage.
The biggest advantage? I got to know the service advisors and get excellent service and advice from them.
Of course, a call to determine service costs at both would be helpful. You could also check out dealerrater.com to see if either rated, but the sampling is a little small for most dealerships.
Old 11-03-2014, 12:30 AM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
2010 E63 AMG
Originally Posted by El Cid
Some dealers will reward you for loyalty with discounts or just better service. If an issue comes up that might or might not be covered by warranty, loyalty to a specific dealership will be an asset.
Another factor is that loaners may be provided by one dealer, but not necessarily by another. Also, some dealers will try to sell you additional services once you get there whereas others don't. This is typical of almost every make of car sold in America though.
I take my car back to where I purchased it and always get a loaner, for a day or four days. They have never tried to sell me anything extra and in fact have advised that I could defer some expensive items due to low mileage.
The biggest advantage? I got to know the service advisors and get excellent service and advice from them.
Of course, a call to determine service costs at both would be helpful. You could also check out dealerrater.com to see if either rated, but the sampling is a little small for most dealerships.
Yup!! Go to your dealer of choice, but stick with them, always.
Old 11-03-2014, 08:31 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2014 E-350W4
Originally Posted by El Cid
Totally Agree with your comments El Cid. I've been going to my selling dealer for the past 4 years, in and out of warranty, and they do their best to satisfy all my concerns and, believe me when I say this, even save me money without sacrificing the quality of service.
Old 11-03-2014, 05:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2012 E 350
The quote for this extended service as they call it-is $510.
To me that looks like oil/filter change and brake fluid. Per the manual-the rest is all inspections-oh sorry-cabin filter change
Old 11-04-2014, 04:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 143 Likes on 102 Posts
2010 E350 Luxury Sedan, Engine 272 (V6)
About right

To me that looks like oil/filter change and brake fluid. Per the manual-the rest is all inspections-oh sorry-cabin filter change
That is probably about right, but you may find a dealer who does it cheaper, but that sort of abbrogates benefits of dealer loyalty.
BTW, it is expensive, but it is an M-B. All the "prestige" makes have high service/parts charges. The "brake fluid" is actually a brake flush plus fluid.
Old 11-04-2014, 09:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 39 Likes on 34 Posts
E 350
Did you search for maintenance packages? You could buy it from any MB dealer (or online) in US and get all services done per schedule without worrying about individual cost of services. The total cost is also less depending on the package you select. Of course you need to know if you are going to keep the car for how long first .