E-Class (W212) 2010 - 2016: E 350, E 550

W212 Wagon - Cargo Area Dimensions

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-08-2014, 11:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
G's + 190
W212 Wagon - Cargo Area Dimensions

Considering a W212 wagon, but need to know the dimensions of the cargo area as I will use it regularly to haul my family, dogs, road trips, etc.

Looking for the following measurements:

- Length of cargo area floor, from back of 2nd row seat (not 3rd) to the rubber seal at the cargo door, with the 3rd row folded flat

- Interior height of the cargo area, measured inside the cargo area (not at the door)

- Width of cargo floor from wheel well to wheel well

Here's a graphic from an R-Class - hoping to get the same measurements for a W212:

W212 Wagon - Cargo Area Dimensions-rcargoareadimensions_zps82f55501.jpg
Old 11-09-2014, 02:19 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 126 Likes on 105 Posts
2020 X7 xDrive40i, 2016 X3 sDrive28i
Not sure if they changed it in the 2014 facelift, but in my 2013 E350 wagon the measurements are:

* Back of 2nd row seat to where the chrome strip starts, is 46". if I measure from the back of the 2nd row seat to the rubber seal it's 50"

* Height of cargo area is 33", 30" at the hatch/door.

* Width of cargo floor is 44" wheel well to wheel well.

So overall roughly same size as the R class, except maybe a few inches longer. But the rear door of the wagon is very curved, so that 46 to 50" of space will quickly shrink to about 38" to 42" by the time you reach about a foot off the cargo floor where the metal door meets the glass window.

We bought an E wagon instead of an ML last year because the wagon actually has a slightly larger cargo area than the ML. (and it has a 3rd row seat that can be useful to haul kids and their friends around). There were no R class on the lot for us to compare against the wagon at the time.
The following users liked this post:
bionic (03-16-2023)
Old 11-09-2014, 06:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
G's + 190
Originally Posted by thenew3
Not sure if they changed it in the 2014 facelift, but in my 2013 E350 wagon the measurements are:

* Back of 2nd row seat to where the chrome strip starts, is 46". if I measure from the back of the 2nd row seat to the rubber seal it's 50"

* Height of cargo area is 33", 30" at the hatch/door.

* Width of cargo floor is 44" wheel well to wheel well.

So overall roughly same size as the R class, except maybe a few inches longer. But the rear door of the wagon is very curved, so that 46 to 50" of space will quickly shrink to about 38" to 42" by the time you reach about a foot off the cargo floor where the metal door meets the glass window.

We bought an E wagon instead of an ML last year because the wagon actually has a slightly larger cargo area than the ML. (and it has a 3rd row seat that can be useful to haul kids and their friends around). There were no R class on the lot for us to compare against the wagon at the time.

Really great. Thank you! Much appreciated.

Pretty interesting - looks like it's very similar in volume to the R-class, as you say. Surprisingly big