E-Class (W212) 2010 - 2016: E 350, E 550

Turn of ECO Start/Stop permanently

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-24-2016, 10:04 PM

Received 62 Likes on 55 Posts
2015 E550 Coupe
Originally Posted by jjsaustin
If you are OK with ECO mode or happy manually turning it off every single time, then WHY ARE YOU EVEN READING THIS THREAD????

This is for people trying to find an easier way to disable it without buying a $100 module and having to rip apart their dash to install it.
This is but one of several threads on this site that have discussed this issue for at least a few years now. I find it interesting to read the lengths some people are willing to go through in order to avoid simply pushing a button. Did so few people actually bother to either read the on-line car manuals or ask the sales rep about the ECO start / stop feature before buying that how the feature works was a surprise afterwards?

I agree with you that the Mid City solution that involves ripping apart the dash to install it is a bit excessive all to simply avoid pushing a button. Yet that seems to be what some folks are happy with. Now it seems some folks are exploring pulling out fuses to disable the feature (and what ever is on the same circuit). Again, all so they can avoid simply pushing a button. If that is acceptable to them, then great. Whatever makes people happy.
Old 06-24-2016, 10:19 PM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
2004 SL500, 2014 E350
I'm not sure if the read the post I referred to, but there are several people who have done this and it is working for them without any side effects (everything works and no error codes after many months of use). I have not read about anyone where this did not work. Albeit, this is for the C 350, but I would think it should be applicable for the E350 as well if there is a fuse in the same location. Heck it is an easy try and reversible. I will try this when my car arrives next week.
Old 06-24-2016, 10:32 PM

Received 26 Likes on 21 Posts
None
Originally Posted by Diesel #2
I alternate through ECO mode quite frequently, i usually drive with ECO off because i do not enjoy my AC getting luke warm, and there is a slight lag to take off which i do not enjoy either so 80% i turn it off. I activate the feature when i am at a Drive Thru, or when im waiting for someone. Diesel does not burn a lot during idle, so the savings are not worth it for me to use to feature.
A common misconception. Diesel consumption at idle is very similar to gasoline.

http://energy.gov/eere/vehicles/fact...iesel-vehicles

http://www.in.gov/idem/prevention/2372.htm
Old 06-25-2016, 03:27 PM

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
2016 AMG C63S, Lamborghini Gallardo, 2016, A-class 180
Problem is not that people are to lazy to push a button. There is a button that some people just do not want activated at all. And when it does activate every time people start their cars some people get pissed off. Me included!

/Zand3rs