E-Class (W212) 2010 - 2016: E 350, E 550

My New 2015 E350 Sport!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-17-2015, 12:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2015 Mercedes E350 Sport
My New 2015 E350 Sport!!

Well, I picked up my car yesterday. A 2015 E350 Sport. Black on black. MSRP of $63,248. I got nearly $13,000 off. P1, keyless go and trunk closer. Spoiler. AMG wheels. AICPA discount on top of the rebates. Full maintenance too.

Out of pocket $1400. Car in PA.

I am coming out of a 2013 E350 sport. I have noticed many nice changes with my 2015, such as:

- trunk closer and trunk opener by kicking foot under bumper. Truly useful for when you're carrying groceries in both hands
- I thought I was getting the same old AMG wheels that I had before, but these new ones are actually shadowed, they are more gray than stainless in color.
- I love the little white clock on the dash now.
- I did not care that I was getting the lane departure option, but now that I have it, it's amazing how often I find that I am that am drifting onto the white line. Keeps you much more attentive. Blind Spot is helpful too. But of course, I thought I was such a great driver that I did not really need any of these options, but they were just coming with the car I was getting a deal on. These options are a "nice to have" now.
- I noticed the transmission still thumps when going uphill and downshifting. Exactly like my 2013 transmission did.
- I noticed that I have gray stitching in my black seats, unlike my last model. Both were non-leather seats.
- I love the new front, the big pimpy star in the grill. Now I feel like Flavor Flave. And I love the chrome lip spoiler on the bottom.
- I really really wanted the lighting package. But I learned that option usually came with other options and made the car much more expensive. So I did not get the lighting package or the lit up eyebrows that I liked so much. But I learned that I can put the fog lights on, and the running lights have a better look that way. The salesman told me that no one is really paying for the lighting package so much, because the car comeS standard with LED headlights now.

I was told to new styled E class comes out at the end of 2016. So they are blowing the current style out the door now. The 2016s are also on the lot already. Almost no changes from 2015, I am told.

Well, that is it for now. I will post pictures later, although it is a standard black on black stock E350 sport with awd.

Todd
Old 05-17-2015, 02:55 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2012 E350 & 2005 CLK 320 Cabrio
So, you're saying that you paid $50k out the door? No trade etc? I didn't think you could get that deep of a discount on Benz.
Old 05-17-2015, 04:22 PM

2015 Mercedes E350 Sport
Originally Posted by toyman
So, you're saying that you paid $50k out the door? No trade etc? I didn't think you could get that deep of a discount on Benz.

My last car was a lease, and so is this car, so no trade-in. And my $1400 down went towards lease inception fees too. Nearly $13k off Msrp.

I believe, at this stage of the game, anyone should be able to get 12K off of Msrp on a reasonably loaded 2015 E350. $10.5k off is what the dealership led / started with me. I shopped my deal for over a month. And I negotiate like nobody's business. My family does not even want to go to the dealership with me as they are too uncomfortable next to me.

Also, another current incentive is that Mercedes will let you out of up to five months of your current lease, but I was at the end of my lease so that did not help much.

The amazing deals are only on the 2015 E350's sedans. Not the E400, or the coupes, or anything else. As I said, the 2016s are already on the lot, and the sedan body style will be changing by September 2016. They are blowing the 2015 sedans out right now.

I found one annoying little thing out today. One of my options is folding side mirrors. Then when I go to figure how to do it, the manual says the mirrors can only automatically fold in Canada. Otherwise I have to hit a button every single time to fold them.
Old 05-17-2015, 05:18 PM

Received 43 Likes on 34 Posts
Originally Posted by porsche911sc
I found one annoying little thing out today. One of my options is folding side mirrors. Then when I go to figure how to do it, the manual says the mirrors can only automatically fold in Canada.
check the settings under vehicle convenience. It's found on the center display where your mileage, speed and all that shows. I was able to turn it on my my 2015 and the mirrors fold on lock. They don't fold to a large degree but they do fold

Congratulations on your new car.
Old 05-17-2015, 05:25 PM

2015 Mercedes E350 Sport
Originally Posted by unr1
check the settings under vehicle convenience. It's found on the center display where your mileage, speed and all that shows. I was able to turn it on my my 2015 and the mirrors fold on lock. They don't fold to a large degree but they do fold

Congratulations on your new car.
Thank you. I will try that! I actually went to my "online manual" which I believe means my "Manual on the CD" was already loaded onto the car. That is where I saw the "this option is only available in Canada" message.

Here is another question - I have the "engine auto stop." When I come to a red light the engine shuts off. I noticed my A/C gets warm when the engine goes off. Is that normal? I also thought I noticed that the engine started again without lifting my foot off the brake. Is that because the car knew the A/C got too warm?
Old 05-17-2015, 06:11 PM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
2016 Mercedes-AMG E63 S Sedan
Congrats and enjoy, sounds lie a good deal. And some pics would be nice.
Old 05-17-2015, 07:04 PM

2015 Mercedes E350 Sport
Thank you. I will try that! I actually went to my "online manual" which I believe means my "Manual on the CD" was already loaded onto the car. That is where I saw the "this option is only available in Canada" message.

Here is another question - I have the "engine auto stop." When I come to a red light the engine shuts off. I noticed my A/C gets warm when the engine goes off. Is that normal? I also thought I noticed that the engine started again without lifting my foot off the brake. Is that because the car knew the A/C got too warm?
Good tip! I was able to make the Sideview mirrors automatic through the cluster gauge. Like you said, they don't seem to retract all the way, but it's a fun little toy/ gizmo for now. I also saw that I can adjust the ambient lighting there. I will have to wait until tonight to figure out the difference between solar and polar lighting.

I will get pictures on by tomorrow
Old 05-17-2015, 08:38 PM

Received 43 Likes on 34 Posts
If the cabin temp isn't maintained to your selected temp then the engine will resume even if you still have your foot on the brake.
It's on page 162 in the manual. I have attached a screenshot from the manual of some of the criteria for the engine stop/start to work.

On a side note, in case you don't know about this feature, when you are at a complete stop (e.g. red light) you can press the brake pedal further down (a quick push) and it will activate the "hold" feature. Your car will remain stopped and you can lift your foot off the brake. To resume just tap on the gas like normal. I find it useful at long red lights.
Attached Thumbnails My New 2015 E350 Sport!!-screen-shot-2015-05-17-5.33.55-pm.png  
Old 05-17-2015, 08:56 PM

2015 Mercedes E350 Sport
Originally Posted by unr1
If the cabin temp isn't maintained to your selected temp then the engine will resume even if you still have your foot on the brake.
It's on page 162 in the manual. I have attached a screenshot from the manual of some of the criteria for the engine stop/start to work.

On a side note, in case you don't know about this feature, when you are at a complete stop (e.g. red light) you can press the brake pedal further down (a quick push) and it will activate the "hold" feature. Your car will remain stopped and you can lift your foot off the brake. To resume just tap on the gas like normal. I find it useful at long red lights.
Thanks! I have read it completely! I'll try the Hold feature tomorrow.

Luv these forums!
Old 05-18-2015, 10:21 AM

2015 Mercedes E350 Sport
Here she is.
Attached Thumbnails My New 2015 E350 Sport!!-mb-0-.jpg   My New 2015 E350 Sport!!-mb-2-.jpg   My New 2015 E350 Sport!!-mb-1-.jpg   My New 2015 E350 Sport!!-mb-3-.jpg  
Old 05-18-2015, 12:48 PM

2015 E350W4, 2016 GLE350W4
2016 model has updated command software - same version as the new C and S class, updated buttons on the central dash, also gauges went from white to black. besides those minor changes its the same car.
Old 05-18-2015, 01:23 PM

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts
2015 E400
Congrats on a great looking car & outstanding negociating skills...
Old 05-18-2015, 06:11 PM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
2016 Mercedes-AMG E63 S Sedan
She is a beauty! Enjoy