E-Class (W212) 2010 - 2016: E 350, E 550

New weathertech rear floormats

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-28-2015, 05:23 PM

Received 27 Likes on 22 Posts
W212 E550 4M P2
Bummer. Sorry to hear.

The Weathertech front and rear mats in my SUV are heavy-duty rubber. All four are heavy enough that they stay put. I don't understand why they'd go away from it with these? Thanks for saving me a bit of dough.
Old 12-29-2015, 10:59 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2013 Maserati Grand Turismo Sport
check us out at www.autopreme.com for an alternative solution.
Old 12-30-2015, 08:27 AM

Received 182 Likes on 115 Posts
2015 E400 and 2015 GLK350
I just installed the new design WeatherTech floor liners in my E-Class. They are certainly heavy enough to do their intended job, and they do not move at all. The fronts are held in place with the plastic springy-pins, as the stock MB carpet mats are. The one-piece rear fits tightly between the center console and the back seat. It is quite secure in place. Maybe the fronts are more of a "tray" protector, with higher sides, but the rear does a complete job of protecting the carpet for me.

I bought the WeatherTech liners purely for winter protection. Once the snow ends, the carpet mats go back in for the rest of the year. I feel that an auto like the MB should have carpeted floors, as long as there is no threat to the carpet from weather and debris. The car is noticeably quieter with the carpet mats, compared to the rubber.

Also, my preference goes back to my early days of driving in the 1960's. At that time, all of the base model cars came with full floor rubber mats, while the deluxe upscale models had carpeting. I still feel that way. . .
Old 12-30-2015, 10:45 AM

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Formerly: 2007 e63; 2012 GL450
Originally Posted by ph350
No way I could get any other interior color but black with my kids, not at least for another 5 years.
My favorite interior is always a tan/brown leather with black carpet for just this reason....
Old 01-05-2017, 01:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 171 Likes on 119 Posts
E63 SL55 996TT C5Z06
Originally Posted by SteveE400
I just installed the new design WeatherTech floor liners in my E-Class. They are certainly heavy enough to do their intended job, and they do not move at all. The fronts are held in place with the plastic springy-pins, as the stock MB carpet mats are. The one-piece rear fits tightly between the center console and the back seat. It is quite secure in place. Maybe the fronts are more of a "tray" protector, with higher sides, but the rear does a complete job of protecting the carpet for me.

I bought the WeatherTech liners purely for winter protection. Once the snow ends, the carpet mats go back in for the rest of the year. I feel that an auto like the MB should have carpeted floors, as long as there is no threat to the carpet from weather and debris. The car is noticeably quieter with the carpet mats, compared to the rubber.

Also, my preference goes back to my early days of driving in the 1960's. At that time, all of the base model cars came with full floor rubber mats, while the deluxe upscale models had carpeting. I still feel that way. . .

SteveE400 - i'm also Chicago based and of course we hear the constant advertisements for WeatherTech floor mats on the radio while in the car so I'm considering buying for my 2015 E-Class.

Sounds like they fixed the design of the rear 1-piece liner which in past reviews i read (on amazon) it didnt fit propetly.... but now the new one (442583 part number) it fits the rear center console perfect according to new posts like you'rs that i've read..... is that correct?

Any issues with fitment for the rear 1 - piece floor liner in your experience? I read the few points you made on these and you seem very pleased.

appreciate any feedback... thanks in advance
Old 01-05-2017, 01:57 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
e350
Originally Posted by Johnny Rad
Bummer. Sorry to hear.

The Weathertech front and rear mats in my SUV are heavy-duty rubber. All four are heavy enough that they stay put. I don't understand why they'd go away from it with these? Thanks for saving me a bit of dough.

The front weathertech mats are much stiffer and do not deform and curl at the edges like the much thinner rear one piece mats. At first I though the rear mats did not slip at all, but there is slippage. I had to add some underside Velcro to keep it from shifting. It's a shame at this price point to have to modify them to work properly.
Old 01-05-2017, 02:01 PM

Received 182 Likes on 115 Posts
2015 E400 and 2015 GLK350
No issues so far, and this is the second winter for the liners. I stored them in the garage all summer, in a large plastic "contractor" bag. Then in late November I pulled them out and switched. The mats still fit as well now as they did last year, which is to say they fit like a glove. The fronts are easy to install and stable in place. The rear is a tight fit, and you may have to roll up parts of it to then unroll in place, but I think it fits perfectly.

My only "complaint" if you call it one, is that the salt from your boots or shoes will definitely leave lots of white debris on the mats. We clean ours with the WeatherTech cleaner and then use their protectant to bring back the "new" deep black look.

I'm not sure if they have W212 mats in stock, but you might be able to have them made and ready for pickup at their factory store in Bolingbrook. Might save a few $ shipping cost, especially if you want other things from their catalog. I was in a hurry and just had them shipped.
Old 01-05-2017, 03:20 PM

2012 E550 sedan
i bought weather tech floor mats from the MB dealership. I got stuck with the 2 piece rear ones that don't go over the hump. The front ones are nice but i would of preferred that the one on the driver side, that it would cover more of the slant where the left foot usually sits. To me its a bit too short and i can see that snow would peel off of my boot and go in between that and the carpet underneath. All in all though, still better than the carpet ones for winter to say the least. I will be buying the trunk mat too, so all the grass from my golf clubs and shoes don't make too much a mess LOL!
Old 01-05-2017, 03:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 678 Likes on 643 Posts
2014 E350 also restored: 1969 Camaro convertible SS 1957 Chevy Belair 2dr hardtop
Originally Posted by ChildishBenzino
i bought weather tech floor mats from the MB dealership. I got stuck with the 2 piece rear ones that don't go over the hump. The front ones are nice but i would of preferred that the one on the driver side, that it would cover more of the slant where the left foot usually sits. To me its a bit too short and i can see that snow would peel off of my boot and go in between that and the carpet underneath. All in all though, still better than the carpet ones for winter to say the least. I will be buying the trunk mat too, so all the grass from my golf clubs and shoes don't make too much a mess LOL!
You are right it is about 3 inches short. I sent mine back because of that. Bought Maxpider and they fit like a glove. all of your left foot resting on the slant is covered. AS far as the rear weather tech is the only one that I know of that goes over the hump. The only problem with the rear is they slide around but it is liveable. Would not buy a trunk matt. Nothing slides on them. Bought a piece if outdoor runner at Menards for about $8 and cut it to the size I needed. I am able to slide packages with the thin carpet.
Old 01-05-2017, 04:54 PM

2012 E550 sedan
Originally Posted by dbldpr
You are right it is about 3 inches short. I sent mine back because of that. Bought Maxpider and they fit like a glove. all of your left foot resting on the slant is covered. AS far as the rear weather tech is the only one that I know of that goes over the hump. The only problem with the rear is they slide around but it is liveable. Would not buy a trunk matt. Nothing slides on them. Bought a piece if outdoor runner at Menards for about $8 and cut it to the size I needed. I am able to slide packages with the thin carpet.
I just checked out the Maxpider mats online...now I want those instead LOL! ugh feel like i just threw money away on these weather tech mats. Is it too late to return them? I guess I can just call and find out..
Old 01-05-2017, 05:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2014 E350 also restored: 1969 Camaro convertible SS 1957 Chevy Belair 2dr hardtop
Just tell them they are to short. I would bring them back. Take a picture. Take your shoe off and put on slant show them how short it is. If it is any type of good dealer they will give you your money back.
Old 01-05-2017, 05:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Print this out
Old 01-05-2017, 05:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Here is maxpide matt
Old 01-06-2017, 09:02 PM

Received 26 Likes on 21 Posts
None
Originally Posted by ChildishBenzino
I just checked out the Maxpider mats online...now I want those instead LOL! ugh feel like i just threw money away on these weather tech mats. Is it too late to return them? I guess I can just call and find out..
We have Maxpider mats in my wife's E250, and Weathertechs in my E63.

The Maxpiders still use a two-piece rear. I suppose you could use the Maxpider fronts and Weathertech rear - if money wasn't an option. I know there are other custom mats, but not sure how they would compare. Perhaps someone else is able to combine the front height of the Maxpider with the single piece rear of the Weathertech.
Old 09-18-2018, 04:30 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
2015 GLK 350 4Matic
This rear floor mat (full width, covering the hump) is exactly what I was looking for. Do you happen to know if this will fit a 2015 GLK350 4matic? And does it come in Tan?