E-Class (W212) 2010 - 2016: E 350, E 550

Anyone installed a true LED headlight conversion kit?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-15-2015, 02:05 PM

Received 57 Likes on 41 Posts
E550
Anyone installed a true LED headlight conversion kit?

My E550 didnt have the lighting package so i installed 55w HIDS. im happy with the look but alot of the newer cars from MB now have LED headlights from factory and they look so much crisper. I know there are now actual LED conversion kits available like these:

Amazon.com: Starnill LED Headlight Conversion Kit - All Bulb Sizes - 72W 6600LM COB LED - Replaces Halogen & HID Bulbs (H7): Automotive Amazon.com: Starnill LED Headlight Conversion Kit - All Bulb Sizes - 72W 6600LM COB LED - Replaces Halogen & HID Bulbs (H7): Automotive

Amazon.com: Kensun® New Technology All-in-One LED Headlight Conversion Kit (from HID or Halogen) - H7 - 30W 3000LM x2 - 2 Year Warranty: Automotive Amazon.com: Kensun® New Technology All-in-One LED Headlight Conversion Kit (from HID or Halogen) - H7 - 30W 3000LM x2 - 2 Year Warranty: Automotive

These arent the same cheap ebay bulbs that were for show years ago.

I am concerned with how they would fit with the stock mounting clips as i dont see how i could get those over the base of the bulb.

Anyone have experience?
Old 10-15-2015, 02:32 PM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
2011 E350
I would assume these wouldn't preform as you imagine. I own a custom lighting company the led products have made it a long way but don't seem to out preform the hid stuff as of yet. Not to mention I'm sure they would throw codes on the benz.
My e class also didn't have the p2 package I opened the lamps, installed a bixenon (high low) hid projector in place of the oem halogen, installed a dummy projector in high beam socket with high powered led behind mimicking the p2 lamp. I couldn't be happier
The following users liked this post:
TYUS (01-02-2017)
Old 10-15-2015, 02:37 PM

Received 48 Likes on 34 Posts
2015 E63 - Current, 2012 E550 - Current, 2019 Audi Q7 3.0T - current
Ibedanny, how much would something like that cost? do you sell a kit? would you make a kit?
Old 10-15-2015, 02:47 PM

2011 E350
Its not necessarily a kit. the hardest part is opening the lamps the oem sealant really doesn't budge. I just quoted the exact setup was right around 2k with parts and labor. Included:
Removing the front lens
retrofitting a bixenon projector in the low beam socket
retrofitting a dummy projector in the high beam socket
high powered led behind dummy projector
50 watt morimoto hid kit
d2 bulbs
led load resistors sets to eliminate errors from high beam and park lights
gloss painted internals
color changing led demon eyes (accents behind the projectors which can change color)

Ive leased a w121 with P2 lighting and returned it for a purchase of this one with P1 lighting. the mods Ive done provide superior output compared to the P2.
Old 10-15-2015, 02:51 PM

E550
thats a nice modification. well done.

hopefully someone on here has tried one of these kits. or i might be the guinea pig
Old 10-15-2015, 05:28 PM

Received 44 Likes on 38 Posts
2010 E350, Sold 1998 C230
Originally Posted by ibedanny
I would assume these wouldn't preform as you imagine. I own a custom lighting company the led products have made it a long way but don't seem to out preform the hid stuff as of yet. Not to mention I'm sure they would throw codes on the benz.
My e class also didn't have the p2 package I opened the lamps, installed a bixenon (high low) hid projector in place of the oem halogen, installed a dummy projector in high beam socket with high powered led behind mimicking the p2 lamp. I couldn't be happier
Yeah, but is it legal to drive with those mods in the US? Do those "Demon Eyes", changing the reflector to a black color and all those other mods comply with the original DOT certification the car had to pass?

Last edited by aquinob; 10-15-2015 at 05:32 PM.
Old 10-16-2015, 07:54 AM

2011 E350
Originally Posted by aquinob
Yeah, but is it legal to drive with those mods in the US? Do those "Demon Eyes", changing the reflector to a black color and all those other mods comply with the original DOT certification the car had to pass?
Sorry Im confused on why you would think black painted internals would not be DOT legal? Many cars come from the factory with black internals take the C class for example there is noting illegal about this mod. The xenon projectors used are oem projectors tuned for sharper cutoff lines, nothing illegal there, the led accent isn't blinking, flashing, etc so nothing illegal there.

The demon eyes on another hand would not be street legal, mostly used when the car is parked I control this though my cell phone so I don't turn them on with driving on public roadways.
Old 10-16-2015, 12:15 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2012 Mercedes Benz E550 4Matic Sport Sedan
Originally Posted by Juice1979
thats a nice modification. well done.

hopefully someone on here has tried one of these kits. or i might be the guinea pig
Juice,

I bought an H7 Xenon HID conversion kit for both low beams and high beams. The bulb temp is 6000K- Diamond white, the slim ballast wattage is 55W and they both come with warning cancellers. They are plug and play and do not require splicing or cutting.

Lifetime warranty. They are being installed today.

Here is where I got them...https://www.hidkitlights.com/
The following users liked this post:
TYUS (01-02-2017)
Old 10-16-2015, 01:38 PM

E550
Originally Posted by Tonycpa
Juice,

I bought an H7 Xenon HID conversion kit for both low beams and high beams. The bulb temp is 6000K- Diamond white, the slim ballast wattage is 55W and they both come with warning cancellers. They are plug and play and do not require splicing or cutting.

Lifetime warranty. They are being installed today.

Here is where I got them...https://www.hidkitlights.com/
Tony,
I already have 55w HIDS installed. I was thinking of switching to LEDS.
Old 09-09-2019, 11:50 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mercedes e350 2010 bluetec
E350 2010 bluetec

Originally Posted by ibedanny
Its not necessarily a kit. the hardest part is opening the lamps the oem sealant really doesn't budge. I just quoted the exact setup was right around 2k with parts and labor. Included:
Removing the front lens
retrofitting a bixenon projector in the low beam socket
retrofitting a dummy projector in the high beam socket
high powered led behind dummy projector
50 watt morimoto hid kit
d2 bulbs
led load resistors sets to eliminate errors from high beam and park lights
gloss painted internals
color changing led demon eyes (accents behind the projectors which can change color)

Ive leased a w121 with P2 lighting and returned it for a purchase of this one with P1 lighting. the mods Ive done provide superior output compared to the P2.
Can you provide email or phone to call you about this lights?

Thank you