E-Class (W212) 2010 - 2016: E 350, E 550

Just picked up my new to me 2012 E550

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-03-2015 | 06:24 PM

2017 S550
Originally Posted by Thomas Longo
Make sure you ask them for the start button. I see in the pictures it has the key in the ignition. If you have the keyless go system which I assume you do, you can use push button start. It's 50 bucks if they make you buy it but it should come with the car. Keyless go system allows you to enter the car without manually pushing the button on the key fob. You can also lock the car by touching the exterior handle when exiting the car. Needless to say the only reason you would need your keys is to start the car unless you have the button. Awaited looking car, I really like the color.
Thank you...yes, the pictures do show the keys...but when I test drove it, it did have the start button there.....and it also come with two keys.
Old 12-03-2015 | 06:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2011 E550 P2 4M Sedan
Nice ride OP. Good choice on colors and options. It pays to wait and get what you want if you have the patience. Well done.
Old 12-03-2015 | 08:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C300 Sport 4Matic
Wow that's a great looking car! Congrats!!!
Old 12-03-2015 | 08:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C300 Sport 4Matic
Originally Posted by thefisch
Nice ride OP. Good choice on colors and options. It pays to wait and get what you want if you have the patience. Well done.
so true!! I looked for my car for at least 5 months.
Old 12-04-2015 | 07:25 PM

2017 S550
Okay......so I finally picked my car and man I am happy, unfortunately it was stop and go traffic all the way home...so I couldn't "unwind" her.
One strange thing happened...but it was fast and I wasn't sure what was happening....while sitting in traffic, I noticed the dash lights all dimmed, then flashed a bit, but then the clock started to wind itself backwards....this lasted for about 60 seconds...then all was good.
Wonder what that was all about.
Other than that I'm gonna go out and get my phone paired...figure out how to get the passenger side seats to inflate and deflate when I take corners and a few other thing, train my comand for my voice.......
Its all good
Old 12-04-2015 | 07:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C300 Sport 4Matic
^ that is weird. I would bring it back so they can check for any error messages. Congrats again!
Old 12-04-2015 | 08:02 PM

2017 S550
Originally Posted by MBSebas87
^ that is weird. I would bring it back so they can check for any error messages. Congrats again!
Yes...I've already called... my winter tires and rims will be in on Monday so they can deal with it then.
Thanks
Old 12-05-2015 | 01:22 AM

Mine: 2014 E550 4matic; Hers: 2016 CLS 400 4matic
Congrats on the new ride Enjoy. The V8 is just so addictive.
Old 12-05-2015 | 09:29 AM

2017 S550
Thanks to you all.
I've had my car now for about 18 hours...and after staring at it all last evening and this morning, I've decided not to change my front grille for the sportier Star looking grille I first thought I wanted....so all I want to do now is get rid of Blu something or other on each front quarter fender and replace them with the biturbo badges. I know I want a truck spoiler...just not sure if I also want the roof mounted spoiler also.
Old 12-05-2015 | 04:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C300 Sport 4Matic
Originally Posted by Maallen40
Thanks to you all.
I've had my car now for about 18 hours...and after staring at it all last evening and this morning, I've decided not to change my front grille for the sportier Star looking grille I first thought I wanted....so all I want to do now is get rid of Blu something or other on each front quarter fender and replace them with the biturbo badges. I know I want a truck spoiler...just not sure if I also want the roof mounted spoiler also.
trunk and roof spoiler is a must IMO
Old 12-06-2015 | 11:58 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2010 E550, 273 Engine: 2012 S550, 278 Engine
Okay......so I finally picked my car and man I am happy, unfortunately it was stop and go traffic all the way home...so I couldn't "unwind" her.
One strange thing happened...but it was fast and I wasn't sure what was happening....while sitting in traffic, I noticed the dash lights all dimmed, then flashed a bit, but then the clock started to wind itself backwards....this lasted for about 60 seconds...then all was good.
Wonder what that was all about.
Other than that I'm gonna go out and get my phone paired...figure out how to get the passenger side seats to inflate and deflate when I take corners and a few other thing, train my comand for my voice.......
Its all good
Nice car! That color looks awesome.

About the dash lights dimming it could be that the ambient lighting went low enough for the dash to dim. It does this based on the lighting sensor. The clock unwinding I have no glued as I don't think these cars automatically adjust for the daylight savings time and if that would be the case the date and time settings in your car would be way off.

About the passenger seat - here in the U.S. only the driver's seat is "Drive Dynamic" even though in the car's options list is says "Drive Dynamic front Seats". I'm not sure how this is in Canada.

For the spoilers in the rear you really want both the trunk and the window spoilers. That window spoiler really adds to the look with the trunk lid spoiler.

Last edited by Arrie; 12-06-2015 at 12:02 PM.
Old 12-06-2015 | 12:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2015 GL550 4matic
I'm not a fan of back window spoilers. They just look awkward to me, like you're trying too hard to stick "sporty" stuff on a sedan.
Old 12-06-2015 | 12:50 PM

C280 (W202), E63 AMG (Pre Facelift W212)
Originally Posted by jonUF02
I'm not a fan of back window spoilers. They just look awkward to me, like you're trying too hard to stick "sporty" stuff on a sedan.
I actually like the 2010-2013 pre facelift E's with the sport equipment. It's the 2014 post facelift W212's that went way, way too far with the "sporty" looks.
Old 12-06-2015 | 12:51 PM

C280 (W202), E63 AMG (Pre Facelift W212)
That OP E550 looks fantastic btw, great choice of options!
Old 12-06-2015 | 02:33 PM

2017 S550
Originally Posted by MBSebas87
so true!! I looked for my car for at least 5 months.
Yep...it does pay to wait....when I walked into the dealers...everyone was just sitting around....they blow me off in the summer when the showroom floors were full of people, but come December, when things start to slow down....I walk in and they offer me a cup of cappuccino before I even get my coat unbuttoned.
Old 12-06-2015 | 02:40 PM

2017 S550
Originally Posted by Arrie
Nice car! That color looks awesome.

About the dash lights dimming it could be that the ambient lighting went low enough for the dash to dim. It does this based on the lighting sensor. The clock unwinding I have no glued as I don't think these cars automatically adjust for the daylight savings time and if that would be the case the date and time settings in your car would be way off.

About the passenger seat - here in the U.S. only the driver's seat is "Drive Dynamic" even though in the car's options list is says "Drive Dynamic front Seats". I'm not sure how this is in Canada.

For the spoilers in the rear you really want both the trunk and the window spoilers. That window spoiler really adds to the look with the trunk lid spoiler.

Yea...I've gone through my book, I think your right, that only the drivers side has the Dynamic front Seats.....

One other thing that confuses me...the blind spot assist.(I think I understand how the system works)....those lights that are in the side view mirrors, are they lite up all the time? even with the car running and you are stationary? Sometimes while driving, they are not lite up, even if there are cars beside me or even if I am alone. then other times they are lite, even if I am stationary or while driving.I think I may have an error with mine.
Old 12-06-2015 | 06:18 PM

Mine: 2014 E550 4matic; Hers: 2016 CLS 400 4matic
Yea...I've gone through my book, I think your right, that only the drivers side has the Dynamic front Seats.....

One other thing that confuses me...the blind spot assist.(I think I understand how the system works)....those lights that are in the side view mirrors, are they lite up all the time? even with the car running and you are stationary? Sometimes while driving, they are not lite up, even if there are cars beside me or even if I am alone. then other times they are lite, even if I am stationary or while driving.I think I may have an error with mine.
Yep that is the blind spot assist - nothing wrong with it - it behaves like that for me too.
Old 12-07-2015 | 12:53 AM
Banned

2016 E63 AMG S SEDAN, 2010 E550 SEDAN
Wow....where does one start?...Bare with me while I set this up...I've been a Saab owner since 1979....Earlier this year I decided once and for all I was going to try a Benz, but which one? I finally settled on an 2012 E550, all the time knowing I was going to wait till December to buy the car. I spent my entire summer right here on this forum reading....reading and reading.

Well yesterday I bought the car and should be ready for pick up tomorrow of Monday. The test drive was amazing...I remember asking the salesman "will this thing stick?" as I roared off a curved exit ramp...I saw him kinda tighten up from the corner of my eyes and the car just eased into the curve like it was nothing.....but during that curve, the side bolsters in my seat stiffened up...I didn't know they were there and were not expecting that to happen...what an awesome feeling...it kept me from falling out of my seat. lol I am so anxious to learn more about this car.

I paid just under 45 with taxes and warranty, 4 snow tires and wheels. The warranty is a bumper to bumper 140 km warranty....no age limit, just mileage that cost over 4000$ The warrant includes even the little things like seals, fluids and also includes electronics

He gave me the VIN which I ran...(WDDHF9BB6CA574790) This is a Canadian car
I'll try to post a few pictures right now (I have the pictures from the ad before they took it down)
The few times I test drove it, I must say I kept getting confused between the wiper and turn signal stalks...I'm told that will take some time getting used to....The comand system looks a little intimidating but I guess I'll eventually get used to it.

Oh and heres the Kicker...the car is Cuprite Brown...never in a million years would I have ever thought I would have bought a non traditional color...I actually like it, and the few times I returned to the dealer during negotiations I found it grew on me. (it seemed to change color depending on the light but never actually looking like a brown car. Imagine that, I just bought a brown car...lol

Okay...thanks for letting me sound off....Hopefully it will be ready for the weekend....

I won't be doing any mods except changing the grille and probably a trunk spoiler.....looking on ebay.ca now
You sound like you just got laid for the 1st time. Yawn
Old 12-07-2015 | 04:59 AM

2017 S550
Originally Posted by cocksaurus
You sound like you just got laid for the 1st time. Yawn
No not really...I remember how I felt just after finishing my training on the B757. My Captain looked over at me and said. "lets go"...lol At the end of that day, THAT's when I felt I got laid for the first time. After that, the B767 was a piece of cake. Yawn
Old 12-07-2015 | 05:06 AM
Banned

2016 E63 AMG S SEDAN, 2010 E550 SEDAN
No not really...I remember how I felt just after finishing my training on the B757. My Captain looked over at me and said. "lets go"...lol At the end of that day, THAT's when I felt I got laid for the first time. After that, the B767 was a piece of cake. Yawn
I figured
Old 12-07-2015 | 11:03 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2010 E550, 273 Engine: 2012 S550, 278 Engine

The way the blind spot monitor should work is that after your speed is above I think 20 mph the small triangle lights in the mirrors are OFF unless you get a car in the blind spot when the light turns ON in yellow color. If you put the blinker on the light changes to red and you get the audible alarm.

If there is an empty lane between you and a car that would be in the blind spot you will not get a light nor alarms.

If you drive a certain amount faster passing a car you will not get the light or alarms. I don't remember how much faster the speed needs to be for this.

Below the speed of 20 mph or so when the mirror lights turn ON in yellow color the system switches to another mode. This is the parking assist mode. When driving slow the car looks for a suitable parking spot for you and also assist how to park the car in that spot between two car's (parallel parking). This also works. I have used it only once though just to see how it works. Kind of cool.

For looking for a parking spot on the left side you need to have the left side blinker ON.
Old 12-07-2015 | 01:38 PM

2017 S550
Originally Posted by Arrie
The way the blind spot monitor should work is that after your speed is above I think 20 mph the small triangle lights in the mirrors are OFF unless you get a car in the blind spot when the light turns ON in yellow color. If you put the blinker on the light changes to red and you get the audible alarm.

If there is an empty lane between you and a car that would be in the blind spot you will not get a light nor alarms.

If you drive a certain amount faster passing a car you will not get the light or alarms. I don't remember how much faster the speed needs to be for this.

Below the speed of 20 mph or so when the mirror lights turn ON in yellow color the system switches to another mode. This is the parking assist mode. When driving slow the car looks for a suitable parking spot for you and also assist how to park the car in that spot between two car's (parallel parking). This also works. I have used it only once though just to see how it works. Kind of cool.

For looking for a parking spot on the left side you need to have the left side blinker ON.
Thanks....What your saying really makes sense, plus I'm starting to get into the owners manual.

Thanks again
Old 12-07-2015 | 02:47 PM

2015 E63 - Current, 2012 E550 - Current, 2019 Audi Q7 3.0T - current
Congrats! Gorgeous color. I saw a Cuprite E63 wagon when I was picking up my 550. It's a rare color but so interesting. I picked up V8 BiTurbo badges from the dealer the night I got my car. I haggled them down from 80 each to 65 so not too bad but still expensive. Good luck and enjoy that beast!
Old 12-10-2015 | 12:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C300 Sport 4Matic
ha
Old 12-10-2015 | 02:06 PM

2017 S550
Originally Posted by BlownS4
Congrats! Gorgeous color. I saw a Cuprite E63 wagon when I was picking up my 550. It's a rare color but so interesting. I picked up V8 BiTurbo badges from the dealer the night I got my car. I haggled them down from 80 each to 65 so not too bad but still expensive. Good luck and enjoy that beast!
Thanks very much...I have been driving it almost a week now and am loving this car....I ordered the badges from Ebay so eventually those will show up. I've decided to wait until the spring to buy the roof and trunk spoilers.
All I'm doing now is searching for updated dvd's for my nav. I also decided to keep the original grille. I now find it so much sexier than the sareport grille....but who knows...I may eventually change it in the future.

Take care

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Just picked up my new to me 2012 E550