E-Class (W212) 2010 - 2016: E 350, E 550

My 2010 e350 4Matic after a month owning it, superior car

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-09-2016, 06:52 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2010 e350 4matic with P1 and Luxury packages
My 2010 e350 4Matic after a month owning it, superior car

I bought this CPO 1.5 month ago with 67K miles on it, 1 owner, take cared everything you can think of, no accidents and previous owner traded or sold it to dealer that i bought it from. Car was like brand new in every way.
After joining the forum here i started asking questions (should be other way around i know ask questions then go ahead and buy the car) anyway someone here told me ask the dealer all the paperwork has been done to the car which i did and service manager was printing things out realized and shocked that they did replace the transmission right before i bought it and told me that she had no idea. I was upset, thought that i should have known this before purchasing the car. Looking at the work paper and invoices, tranny was $6250 and with some other parts total cost was around $8000 and i said to myself this might be blessing, i have 1 less thing to worry about, having brand new transmission
Anyway, other than finding transmission, only thing i was not too happy about the car was brakes, way they felt and handled. Few trips to the dealer, they told me that pads and rotors are well acceptance of CPO requirements and if i want it perfect i had to pay. After all, they were so nice and replaced 4 rotors and pads, charged me only 4 new pads money $201. I have a brand new brakes, transmission and car runs really nice. My first MB and more i drive more i like the car.
I didn't get extended warranty and hoping everything will be fine going forward. One of my friends (he had 4 MB including AMG) checked the car and said very very clean and nice car, he made me get in to MB otherwise i was leaning to BMW 5 series. So far i'm glad that i have a MB now instead of BMW. Few long trips i did take 300-400 miles and way this car handles the road is something else, also i believe this car fun to drive too like many people here believes otherwise

Still open to suggestions and anything that i should know, do and do not's !
Dashport message center when i play with it it says Next Service B in 155 days, what is that?
Last 10-11 years i bought all brand new cars and i didn't have to worry about anything, this is a new field for me, maintenence and when, where.
Coming from a 2014 Acura RDX.

Last edited by Salacak; 03-09-2016 at 08:14 PM.
Old 03-09-2016, 08:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 134 Likes on 124 Posts
W204 C63 AMG, W212 E250 CGI, C207 E250 CGI
that means service B is due in 5 months.

great choice and good decision of getting the E instead of a bimmer.
very lovely car as is, but if youre into it, may i suggest bigger wheels and tyres.
Old 03-09-2016, 08:25 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2010 e350 4matic with P1 and Luxury packages
Originally Posted by beejAMG
that means service B is due in 5 months.

great choice and good decision of getting the E instead of a bimmer.
very lovely car as is, but if youre into it, may i suggest bigger wheels and tyres.
What is that service for, do we know? Should i just bring this to dealer or whatever has to be done can i find out and use my local mechanic to do it?
Bigger wheels never attracted me, never, actually other way around for me if they were a bigger wheels i would have never bought it. I know i'm the only one probably but i guess all personal preferences.
Old 03-09-2016, 08:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 74 Likes on 67 Posts
C300 Sport 4Matic
congrats!!
Old 03-09-2016, 08:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 134 Likes on 124 Posts
W204 C63 AMG, W212 E250 CGI, C207 E250 CGI
Originally Posted by Salacak
What is that service for, do we know? Should i just bring this to dealer or whatever has to be done can i find out and use my local mechanic to do it?
Bigger wheels never attracted me, never, actually other way around for me if they were a bigger wheels i would have never bought it. I know i'm the only one probably but i guess all personal preferences.

here you go mate...

https://mbworld.org/forums/e-class-w...212-sedan.html

thats fine, your car looks lovely as it is.