E-Class (W212) 2010 - 2016: E 350, E 550

How to adjust wired headset volume (rear entertainment system)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-07-2016, 09:54 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mercedes E550
Question How to adjust wired headset volume (rear entertainment system)

Hi all, first time posting and first time MB owner I recently bought a 2011 E550, but cannot figure out how to adjust the volume on wired headsets on the rear entertainment system. I am trying to use regular ear buds (no wired/wireless headsets came with the car).

I do have 2 remotes, and have tried the 'volume' buttons on either remote, but no change. All other functions (on/off, dvd play/pause, etc) are working fine using the remotes on either rear dvd player, but I can't get headset volume to change on either rear dvd player with either remote. Because it's the same problem with 2 separate dvd players & 2 separate remotes, I'm thinking it's a really dumb newbie mistake. Any help would be much appreciated! I haven't found any info searching online or in the manual (other than to use the volume buttons on the remote, which isn't working).

It doesn't matter to me whether the wired headset volume is adjusted by remote/menu/something else, it's just very loud right now, so my passengers can't listen.

Thanks a lot!