E-Class (W212) 2010 - 2016: E 350, E 550

**UPDATE** on warranty visit. 2014 w212

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-18-2016, 12:04 PM

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
2014 E350 sport
**UPDATE** on warranty visit. 2014 w212

So they are replacing just the dash strip of wood from the fading, NOT the entire car.

Replaced my cabin filter, and the nasty AC smell at start up went away. Had to pay OOP for it, so got the part and put it in myself. Not too bad.

They replaced ALL my button that were peeling, but NOT the rear ac vent piece behind the front armrest. Say they wont warranty it. I am just going to wrap it in matte black vinyl. Still not please with them but I don't have the time to argue and not paying 300 for a replacement.

They replaced aux battery behind dash, warning light gone, ALL good there.

Wood will take 4-6 weeks to get in.

Also they will replace my fast forward button on headunit because it peeled, but are saying they need to replace the entire radio lol. That seems overkill, no?
Old 07-18-2016, 02:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 384 Likes on 314 Posts
2011 E550 P2 4M Sedan
I think those radio buttons are integrated and therefore not separate parts. With all the peeling you had, did they give you any pushback about something you did causing this? When I dealt with them on a peeling piece, they tried to blame lotions or sanitizers on causing it rather than substandard materials.

For the wood, how did they explain not replacing it all? I thought it was a kit for all the pieces to make sure they match.

Good to know that the filte change took care of the AC smell. I am still dealing with that at startup if the cars been sitting for a while. Once that old air clears, it's fine.
Old 07-18-2016, 02:59 PM

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
2014 E350 sport
They really didn't hassle me about it. I got the car at an auction for SUPER CHEAP and would actually live with some of this, but they were very nice. The AC vent kind of pissed me off, but its such a little thing I don't care. I have an alternative fix. The wood they said for this model, only this piece was an issue and if it doesn't match they will still take care of me. This is greenway dealer in HOUSTON TX, marcos was the service guy. They even cleaned it better than my good car wash did!
Old 07-22-2016, 04:39 PM

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts
2020 GLC 300, 2019 GLC 300, 2014 e400 Hybrid
Can you show me some pictures? I can't imagine the amount of interior issues you have given it's post-facelift (I remember the car looked really sharp from the outside with CSC gloss black wheels)...

All the peeling buttons and stinky interior and faded trim? Barely after 2 years? sounds rough.

I have 2014 also and the built-date is in 2013. The interior almost look and feel pristine.... just hard to fathom.

I'd like to see if I have some potential trouble spots for your pics.