E-Class (W212) 2010 - 2016: E 350, E 550

Passenger windows won't roll down and gunk/goo/slime in spare tire compartment

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-26-2016, 02:26 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2014 Mercedes E550
Passenger windows won't roll down and gunk/goo/slime in spare tire compartment

On the passenger side the windows does not roll down if I use the power window button on the passenger side. It does roll it up. If I use the button on driver side the windows go up and down just find, even using the keyfob to roll the windows up and down work. Only on the passenger button can't roll it down, only up.
Wife left windows on her side open, and rain got in over a month ago. I did check and it was wet but not flooded and after letting everything dry, everything worked with no issues. But can what happen last month finally affect it now?

I am also finding sticky goo in the spare wheel compartment on the driver side. Passenger side is clean. I was thinking the heat melt some rubber or sealant there but the other side has nothing happening. I cleaned it up a bit, it looked much worse before.
Attached Thumbnails Passenger windows won't roll down and gunk/goo/slime in spare  tire compartment-gunk.jpg   Passenger windows won't roll down and gunk/goo/slime in spare  tire compartment-goo.jpg  
Old 07-26-2016, 03:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 386 Likes on 315 Posts
2011 E550 P2 4M Sedan
Is this problem only with the passenger front door? What about the rear doors on both sides?
Old 07-26-2016, 03:28 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2014 Mercedes E550
Beside the front passenger windows, all the other windows roll up and down and all their buttons work. The front passenger only roll up but not down. I figure if it is rolling up and down it isn't window motor or regulator and might be something with the electrical system.
Old 07-26-2016, 03:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 386 Likes on 315 Posts
2011 E550 P2 4M Sedan
The motor would seem fine if the driver's side button can raise and lower the passenger front window fully. It seem to be a problem with the button switch or wiring in the passenger door.

Since your 2014 should still be under warranty, I would just take it in. Don't worry about the water from the rain. As you said, it worked fine after it dried but only recently started to not work.

Also show them the goo. I would think that is grease running but I don't know why that much would run.