E-Class (W212) 2010 - 2016: E 350, E 550

w212 Suspension is harder than the other side

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-28-2016, 05:18 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2010 E350
w212 Suspension is harder than the other side

I have a 2010 E350 Sport. My w212 suspension used to ride really nice until about 2 weeks ago, I noticed that my car was riding differently. I noticed over bumps, the left front and rear suspension absorb bumps very well (almost like a new car). In contrast, when I hit a bump, the right front and rear suspension felt like it didn't absorb the impact very well. It felt like it was stiff and made the interior rattle a bit. The right rear suspension felt wobbly. I've changed the left and right front strut and both my rear shocks on my car about 4 months ago. All bushings looked good. The springs are stock. I don't have much bumpy roads where I live and commute to. Not sure what's going on.
Old 12-24-2017, 10:19 AM

Received 32 Likes on 22 Posts
2007 S600
Knock on wood (and I'm finding a very BIG piece of lumber for this one to knock on ) my S600 has been quite reliable lately over the past year. Of course the first year was getting it sorted it out which amounted to around 10K in repairs.

I'm somewhat old-school with it. Needs to be driven and flogged on from time to time to keep the juices flowing. A lot of these sit for quite a while and is probably where a lot of problems develop. And when I say that, I'm mainly talking about ABC and mechanicals. Electricals on the other hand...egads. Rubber bushings and motor mounts take a beating as well.